Tyson Campbell recruitment??

I pointed out how nuts it is that Banda is recruiting Tyson Campbell.

In their zeal to stump for Rumph, guys are trying to blame Banda for maybe losing Tyson, but how fcking crazy is it that Rick doesn't even trust Rumph to recruit a guy who called him his second father and who he coached since Optimist football? If that doesn't raise red flags to these dummies, then they're hopelessly and irreparably dopey.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on-field results. If he continues to show he's a good coach and gets guys drafted, then his resume will speak for itself and his personality/charisma (or lack thereof) won't matter. However, if he doesn't prove to be a very good on-field coach, then obviously he will need to go.

I'm starting to think Rumph is the CJ (Curtis Johnson) of this staff .... great coach on the practice field, meeting room, and game day ... but not a guy that can recruit with the big timers, and it may turn out to be a real liability. that being said, our last 2 cycles produced some good DB recruits and he's been a part of that

Curtis Johnson was actually renowned as a great recruiter for the first several years of his career. He might have tired of it over time, but he was dynamite for many years.

He may have tired of the recruiting game.
Also, I think at the time he was pulling Louisiana kids at SD State (M.Faulk) and later UM (Reed, Wayne,etc), the state was somewhat open to all
outside schools because L$U was struggling.
When Saban took over L$U, the well dried up for Johnson and other schools like UF, F$U, Colorado and Nebraska that were mining that state.
Remember sometime around 2004 when we thought all of these kids from Louisiana were headed to Coral Gables?
I think Ferman had alot of egg in his face over that one.

Advertisement
Why the fu$& can rump push studs like Sony Michel to Georgia, but can't get a kid who's like his motherfugging son to come to Miami? That's what I wanna know. Why is it every other school receives a windfall when they play the hiring local hs coaches game and we're the one program that fails miserably.

Maybe its karma. Rump probably badmouthed the **** out of Miami to get Sony and other local kids. Now he looks like a weasel trying to get them to stay home.

Been saying it for a few years. This actually adds up....We might not like what it adds up to....but it makes sense.
It's still unbelievable we lost Sony to UGA. Biggest crootin failure in recent memory.

15 pages.

Anthony COOK to OSU

TYSON TO CLEMSON

or did peter say in this thread that he still miami. i cant read all 15 pages LOL

Advertisement
Let's hope Dean stays for his senior year . Well be good with him or without him . Just like Dean to come back to have two experience cbs next year with elite speed

Why would Dean not stay? The guy hasn't even played a down of football and he's probably going to be a backup next year.

It's weird to me how posters assume everything Junior who isn't terrible might leave

Let's hope Dean stays for his senior year . Well be good with him or without him . Just like Dean to come back to have two experience cbs next year with elite speed

Why would Dean not stay? The guy hasn't even played a down of football and he's probably going to be a backup next year.

It's weird to me how posters assume everything Junior who isn't terrible might leave

Some people are morons. Dean going pro after 1 year lmao.

Kids make bad decisions all the time

Advertisement

Dean I doubt would do that after one season. All should learn from Yearby's mistake.

Dean I doubt would do that after one season. All should learn from Yearby's mistake.

That's a bad example though, Yearby made the right decision. He had a kid and his stock was never going to be higher.

I Agree , think these kids would of learned how Bama works than 4 top WRs sign in one class . Two will transfer but they still that arrogant

Another good example why would AH even consider Ohio state after they fcked over Gibson . I think that's his name

Advertisement

I Agree , think these kids would of learned how Bama works than 4 top WRs sign in one class . Two will transfer but they still that arrogant

Not to mention, one has to expect Saban to retire soon. It could come at any moment at this point in his life/career.

I heard buzz (sometime past) about booking a game/ series with bama around the 2020 neighborhood ( think was what a saw),... Maybe someone already has a date in mind for a retirement party!!

Brent Venables is gonna KILL it when he gets a chance to be a HC... his recruiting classes will be absolutely LOADED... its like he can come in whenever he wants and catch kids attention, he can just literally pop up and suddenly they are considered serious contenders to land a kid

Clem$on mu$t be a really attractive program, and coach Venable$ i$ clearly one heck of a $ucce$$ful and per$ua$ive coach. I can't imagine that all of Clem$on'$ recent $ucce$$ on the field and on the recruiting trail ha$ anything to do with all tho$e awful and unfounded (yet completely uninve$tigated) rumor$ of ma$$ive amount$ boo$ter money flowing into and around the program, of rumor$ that $aint Dabo i$ u$ing hi$ local church to wa$h and funnel money to recruit$ and all of tho$e clearly fal$ified quote$ and In$tagram photo$ of CU player$ talking about how much money they make in college and fla$hing huge $tack$ of ca$h and new car$. Dabo played at Alabama. I'm $ure he didn't learn anything about how to recruit in hi$ time there....

Go fap yourself to Clem$on'$ greatne$$ $omewhere el$e AC...

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol calm your simple *** down... they have had success and i feel he would do well on his own too, sorry if you cant give respect to where its due but i can while still supporting my Canes... im not an angry 12 year old

Which one of us made this personal, fam? Sorry if I'm a bit tired of the hero worship of false idols. But hey, you do you. :nice:

yeah nothing too personal about what i said... and please dont assume that just giving a guy some simple props for the hard work he has done means "idol worship" or anything like that... its not hard to separate the 2 fam

Let it drop big man.

Advertisement

Yearby needs diaper $$

Yearby needs diaper $$

Unfortunately yearby is jobless. Sad case.

I remember last cycle it was said here by a lot of people defending Rumph that he should be judged on Campbell's recruitment. I think those people are moving the goal post.

I've personally never said he should be fully judged on Campbell's recruitment, but if we can't land Tyson then it is a huge red flag against Rumph nonetheless.

To me, it just seems Rumph doesn't enjoy recruiting and probably doesn't have the personality for it. For a while I've felt strongly that his success in recruiting will depend heavily on his actual on-field results. If he continues to show he's a good coach and gets guys drafted, then his resume will speak for itself and his personality/charisma (or lack thereof) won't matter. However, if he doesn't prove to be a very good on-field coach, then obviously he will need to go.

I'm starting to think Rumph is the CJ (Curtis Johnson) of this staff .... great coach on the practice field, meeting room, and game day ... but not a guy that can recruit with the big timers, and it may turn out to be a real liability. that being said, our last 2 cycles produced some good DB recruits and he's been a part of that

Curtis Johnson was actually renowned as a great recruiter for the first several years of his career. He might have tired of it over time, but he was dynamite for many years.

Also, I think at the time he was pulling Louisiana kids at SD State (M.Faulk) and later UM (Reed, Wayne,etc), the state was somewhat open to all
When Saban took over L$U, the well dried up for Johnson and other schools like UF, F$U, Colorado and Nebraska that were mining that state.
Remember sometime around 2004 when we thought all of these kids from Louisiana were headed to Coral Gables?

That was the laron Landry/Craig Davis year,
No? Who was the third?

Also, I know CJ gets credit for Reed and Wayne but I also recall he struck out a lot with respect to other top tier LA kids back in the day. We always sent him out to land these whales but never could reel them in.

That was the laron Landry/Craig Davis year,
No? Who was the third?

Also, I know CJ gets credit for Reed and Wayne but I also recall he struck out a lot with respect to other top tier LA kids back in the day. We always sent him out to land these whales but never could reel them in.

Was it the recruit that used to be his neighbor? I remember something like that.

Advertisement
Back