Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Advertisement
Every school knows that if want top DBs come to sofla... and there is a premium. Been happening long before Patrick Peterson and his nonsense.

Since 2008 how many top tier DBs have we landed? Not many.

I personally don’t understand why we waste our time on guys who we know will be bought. Our staff has to know what’s up..

I know someone pretty plugged in to UGAs booster network. I was told last class ran them about a cool 10 mil.

Only good can come from this.

Best case, he signs with Miami.

Second best case, we lose again and finally CMR changes up the recruiting personnel/tactics on DBs. 3 years in a row we get burned, change has to come.

As an insurance policy, I would put Dugans/Hartley on him ASAP. Those guys will seal the deal.

Second best case, we lose again and finally CMR changes up the recruiting personnel/tactics on DBs. 3 years in a row we get burned, change has to come.

As an insurance policy, I would put Dugans/Hartley on him ASAP. Those guys will seal the deal.
change tactics as in getting worse players or bagging up?

Advertisement
Every school knows that if want top DBs come to sofla... and there is a premium. Been happening long before Patrick Peterson and his nonsense.

Since 2008 how many top tier DBs have we landed? Not many.

I personally don’t understand why we waste our time on guys who we know will be bought. Our staff has to know what’s up..

I know someone pretty plugged in to UGAs booster network. I was told last class ran them about a cool 10 mil.
I'll take .5% of that and I'm good.

Stevenson's status would bother me a lot more if he was never on campus. See Tyson Campbell. If you are interested in something/someone you show up. Similar to dating. The kid is always on campus.

Personally I think he is going to have a lot of fun and barring something crazy happens he will be a Cane.
bro you’re probably one of the most reasonable posters on here lol

Last edited:

I’m lumping Searels and Rumph based on the product they put on the field this year

Advertisement
I’ve always wondered how these kids afford these long distance trips so often? I mean I came from a lower middle class family, and we didn’t have the money to travel 10 plus hours away so often.

That’s driving, not even talking about flying.

Same way a current Clemson WR is buying a McLaren

Advertisement
This is just my personal opinion but I’ve had more of a Gilbert Frierson vibe to Tyrique recruitment compared to Tyson Campbell.

Seems that way but you never know once the bag$$ teams get involved.

Would love to see him commit to us soon and become the head hancho/leader of this class, kinda like Lo did last year

This is a personal evaluation of my own but the mindset of the kids in Dade and Broward are different, at least from what I’ve seen and heard. We tend to have more struggles with kids from Broward and a local coach has told me this before, that a lot of schools in broward were really pushing the whole SEC thing for a while. Especially when we had Golden. Miami been winning and is hot now and that perception is starting to change.

What has hurt us the most IMO in regards to recruiting DBs was all those years we had Paul Williams as our DB coach, and the awful scheme we had on defense. Couple that with some out of state schools like Bama and OSU churning out DBs into the first round.(Yes Bama has had a lot of busts but I have to be realistic too. OSU been pushing them into the league lately and they are producing.) There was a perception created during that time that Miami couldn’t develop DBs, and that takes a little bit of time to get rid of.

You remedy that by winning and developing guys and putting them into the league. The perception has slowly started to change. Yes we have landed some studs at DB but there has been that 1 or 2 that got away, I confidently say we will see less of that as time goes on. Just have to continue to put up good results.

Advertisement
This is a personal evaluation of my own but the mindset of the kids in Dade and Broward are different, at least from what I’ve seen and heard. We tend to have more struggles with kids from Broward and a local coach has told me this before, that a lot of schools in broward were really pushing the whole SEC thing for a while. Especially when we had Golden. Miami been winning and is hot now and that perception is starting to change.

What has hurt us the most IMO in regards to recruiting DBs was all those years we had Paul Williams as our DB coach, and the awful scheme we had on defense. Couple that with some out of state schools like Bama and OSU churning out DBs into the first round.(Yes Bama has had a lot of busts but I have to be realistic too. OSU been pushing them into the league lately and they are producing.) There was a perception created during that time that Miami couldn’t develop DBs, and that takes a little bit of time to get rid of.

You remedy that by winning and developing guys and putting them into the league. The perception has slowly started to change. Yes we have landed some studs at DB but there has been that 1 or 2 that got away, I confidently say we will see less of that as time goes on. Just have to continue to put up good results.
Well said geo, be around the boards more often if you can

Disagree with bags but it would be appropriate for either pre or post practice meals for youth and high school players sponsored by NCAA. It’s amazing how NCAA and college coaches benefit financial due to the hard work of volunteer youth and underpaid high school coaches respectively. Put money back into the system that really developed the players. Saban Myers etc. makes 10 millions annually because of talent not coaching ability.

NCAA dont want to pay anyone. They are happy Coaches are State employees. Imagine if the NCAA had to pay coaches salaries, most coaches wouldn't even seen a Million dollars.

They have the slave plantation mentality running strong over.

Dawgs247 report Stevenson got to Athens today and is suppose to be up there until Saturday. That visit to the U this upcoming weekend look real fuzzy now.

Really hope this recruitment work out like Frierson because a 4 day trip up in Athens is a long time. Bagman working overtime on this one.

Advertisement
Back