Tyrique Stevenson is coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s almost like I was beating this drum when he was getting shredded on here. Put him in physical man and its a wrap. Having him play mostly bail out coverage was just criminal. On top of that a couple of those catches was when he was sick as **** against Msu. Puking on the sideline. Another time a player was asked to play when they shouldn’t have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s almost like I was beating this drum when he was getting shredded on here. Put him in physical man and its a wrap. Him in bail out coverage is criminal. Oh and a couple of those catches was when he was sick as **** against Msu. Puking on the sideline. Another time a player was asked to play when they shouldn’t have.
This will be an unpopular take, but I feel that Ivey would excel in the same type of coverage.

When I went to search for a thread to put the tweet in, I spelled it “Tyreke,” which apparently I have a habit of doing, bc several of my posts popped up. This is what I said after Bama game:

Funny thing is the only 2 guys who looked like they could physically match up with Bama were Tyreke and Ivey, and they were bailing all night (as usual). Ivey isn’t good, but this system does him no favors. I get they don’t have the makeup speed to keep up with the Bama receivers, but we got shredded anyways. At least let them try to jam at the LOS. I hope we see them jam vs APP where our DL and blitzes should be able to get home.

That bail coverage was Ivey’s kryptonite too…

Larger picture, should be interesting to see which kid we wrote off has the biggest leap this year with a new staff & scheme in place.

Last edited:
This will be an unpopular take, but I feel that Ivey would excel in the same type of coverage.

When I went to search for a thread to put the tweet in, I spelled it “Tyreke,” which apparently I have a habit of doing, bc several of my posts popped up. This is what I said after Bama game:

Funny thing is the only 2 guys who looked like they could physically match up with Bama were Tyreke and Ivey, and they were bailing all night (as usual). Ivey isn’t good, but this system does him no favors. I get they don’t have the makeup speed to keep up with the Bama receivers, but we got shredded anyways. At least let them try to jam at the LOS. I hope we see them jam vs APP where our DL and blitzes should be able to get home.

Larger picture, should be interesting to see which kid we wrote off has the biggest leap this year with a new staff & scheme in place.
From your fingers and observations to God's ears about Ivey. My concern with him has always been his mental processing speed (not calling him stupid just a slow processor of info-very different things). Maybe a simplified scheme can unleash his physical skills while limiting what he has to process.

Stevenson is the best football player on this and last years defense. He’ll be a first round pick and anyone that knows football, knows exactly what he is. BEAST! He’s 6’2” 205 and hits like a Mack truck. He runs a 4.4 40 and has a 40” vertical. He’s broken every one of Rolle’s secondary lifting records. Insane talent
Should be noted, he’s a football nerd. Highest football IQ on the team and his idea of a Saturday night out is watching film. I hope his leadership and work ethic becomes us as a team this season.

Stevenson is the best football player on this and last years defense. He’ll be a first round pick and anyone that knows football, knows exactly what he is. BEAST! He’s 6’2” 205 and hits like a Mack truck. He runs a 4.4 40 and has a 40” vertical. He’s broken every one of Rolle’s secondary lifting records. Insane talent
Should be noted, he’s a football nerd. Highest football IQ on the team and his idea of a Saturday night out is watching film. I hope his leadership and work ethic becomes us as a team this season.
The Freak! Nicknames are earned not given

Advertisement

I think we see a big change in development with Ivey. Better coaching equals better development for talented athletes such as Ivey. I also think because he has access to better coaching and a better culture, his mindset will be reset. He has the size and skill set. I think he flourishes this year under the new staff. More specifically, his new position coach. Imo

It’s almost like I was beating this drum when he was getting shredded on here. Put him in physical man and its a wrap. Having him play mostly bail out coverage was just criminal. On top of that a couple of those catches was when he was sick as **** against Msu. Puking on the sideline. Another time a player was asked to play when they shouldn’t have.

The physical man coverage is helping everybody and it’s the main reason the receivers are having growing pains.

By the end of the season I expect the perimeter players on both side of the ball to be playing very well.

From your fingers and observations to God's ears about Ivey. My concern with him has always been his mental processing speed (not calling him stupid just a slow processor of info-very different things). Maybe a simplified scheme can unleash his physical skills while limiting what he has to process.

Ivey is a thinker. You can’t play like that. Being asked to play outside your skill set makes this problem worse.

At least let him use his size and strength to disrupt a receiver’s timing.Hopefully he can put it together and deliver some quality reps.

it may be unpopular.

but i think @Liberty City El has been saying something along these lines for 3 years.

Advertisement
Ivey is a thinker. You can’t play like that. Being asked to play outside your skill set makes this problem worse.

At least let him use his size and strength to disrupt a receiver’s timing.Hopefully he can put it together and deliver some quality reps.
I agree 100% that he is very, very scheme dependent. You’re right, let him try to beat guys up on the line and disrupt timing rather than dropping and having to react quickly.

it may be unpopular.

but i think @Liberty City El has been saying something along these lines for 3 years.

El don’t believe in Ivy much at all because of his speed, footwork and hips.

He is right, but if you allow Ivey to play all, it should be with help over the top and allow him to use his size and strength. This creates the best case scenario for him. He has had good stretches, but the plays he has given have soured people on him. This staff could give him a new lease on life though.

Can't get on board with that

Puking is nothing...Play ball

Sick of this whole team, college, pro athletics... Finding reasons NOT to play. Toughen the f*** up and play football if you love the sport.

I think we see a big change in development with Ivey. Better coaching equals better development for talented athletes such as Ivey. I also think because he has access to better coaching and a better culture, his mindset will be reset. He has the size and skill set. I think he flourishes this year under the new staff. More specifically, his new position coach. Imo
I’m done giving that dude second/third/fourth chances. Every offseason we hear about how he has improved and then he gets under the lights and reverts back to who he is. I would love an additional competent corner but fool me once…eventually shame on me.

Advertisement
Can't get on board with that

Puking is nothing...Play ball

Sick of this whole team, college, pro athletics... Finding reasons NOT to play. Toughen the f*** up and play football if you love the sport.
He was sick as **** that day. If your dehydrated and can’t hold anything down you‘re nowhere near your best. Then mix in it’s an early afternoon game in Miami. Him playing with one arm the second part of the season was probably easier versus that situation.

He was sick as **** that day. If your dehydrated and can’t hold anything down you‘re nowhere near your best. Then mix in it’s an early afternoon game in Miami. Him playing with one arm the second part of the season was probably easier versus that situation.
He was locking up until the 4th too if I remember correctly, u could see his stamina fading in the sun as the game went on. Credit to msu tho they saw it and called a double move knowin rique was desperate to get a pick and get off the field

Advertisement
He was locking up until the 4th too if I remember correctly, u could see his stamina fading in the sun as the game went on. Credit to msu tho they saw it and called a double move knowin rique was desperate to get a pick and get off the field
Yeah he was a beast that game

For some reason people talk about that deep TD like it was indicative of TS. It wasn’t at all. The defense was in an all or nothing situation. We attacked with everyone up front and TS played the first move hoping someone up front would get home or he could get a pick. It’s what we needed at the time

People that criticized him for that play were as off base as you can get

No question that Rique has the skills and athletic ability to be a high draft pick. I want to see more on the field. Good stats. But not disruptive enough. He's got a great shot to be a game breaker this year with the improved front 7 and Steele as his DC. That safety group allow him to press and play fast and loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back