Tyriq McCord should have at least 10 sacks

He's not close to being phenomenal. He's a one trick pony who realize on a speed rush every single time. Maybe you can chalk that up to Jethro or scheme but I haven't seen anything that says he's even close to being a good pass rusher. He's got to develop a few counter moves and be more physical with his rush plus he's a bit stiff. AQM leads the way in sacks and it shouldn't be that close.

Realize what?

:monkey-serious:

Yeah that's terrible.

Advertisement
In all the years AG has been a HC or DC has he ever had a DE or OLB put up "dynamic pass rusher" sack numbers??

I've asked this before.

He's not close to being phenomenal. He's a one trick pony who relies on a speed rush every single time. Maybe you can chalk that up to Jethro or scheme but I haven't seen anything that says he's even close to being a good pass rusher. He's got to develop a few counter moves and be more physical with his rush plus he's a bit stiff. AQM leads the way in sacks and it shouldn't be that close.

AQM didn't exactly enjoy a lot of success as a pass rusher in 2013. Now that he's 30lbs heavier he might even be worse.

McCord reminds me of a faster more athletic Jovan Nanton, just wish we would let him be an undersized 4-3 DE.

Advertisement
Nickel package snaps aside:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but, as it stands right now, McCord isn't playing Rush anymore. He'll be playing that Sam spot, which is more LB than DE. Not sure how that'll affect his sack total. Maybe it'll be helpful, maybe not. He won't be a primary rusher anymore, so he probably won't be as gassed. He isn't going to get the same amount of opportunities at the QB. Correspondingly, offensive linemen also won't be able to get a consistent read on him. As a traditional blitzer, he might overwhelm linemen with his speed and size. At Sam, rather than Rush, he's going to benefit more from the confusion than an odd front creates (if done well). I'm anxious to see what he looks like as a Sam. His speed, size and length there are very intriguing.

he would be what, the 3rd or 4th double digit sacker in golden's 15 or so years of being a DC or HC? This is not something I would put money on.

Advertisement
mccord -- kamalu -- thomas -- aqm

any deviation from that front four on third down passing situations should be considered an act of terrorism

mccord -- kamalu -- thomas -- aqm

any deviation from that front four on third down passing situations should be considered an act of terrorism

Well then be prepared because we know our coaching staff will find a way to uck things up. **** they'll have M. Wyche covering the slot on 3 and 10 and say we didn't execute when he gets torched.

Advertisement
Another wasted talent. He'll go to the NFL and rack up more sacks than a nympho fegit. If he doesn't have at least 12 sacks this year, then it should be considered a crime against humanity.

Didn't the immortal Derek Ham have 12 sacks in a season under Butch David? This dude's 100 times the pass rusher Ham was.

Last edited:
Advertisement
McCord is a stiff.

Was it the coaches fault when they put him in the perfect position to INT Winston pass at the goaline? Tehy dropped him back in coverage, coonfusing Winston and he had the ball right in his hands. INstead he tips it in the Air and FSU scores a TD. Cost us the game.

But keep blaming the coaches.

If he gets more than 10 sacks 5 of them will have come from Bethune Cookman and FAU games.

McCord is a stiff.

Was it the coaches fault when they put him in the perfect position to INT Winston pass at the goaline? Tehy dropped him back in coverage, coonfusing Winston and he had the ball right in his hands. INstead he tips it in the Air and FSU scores a TD. Cost us the game.

Don't recall him having it "right in his hands". He made a great play to even bat it down. Just ****** luck that it went right to Karlos Williams

McCord is a stiff.

I went back and look at that game the other day. That play was the turning point of that game

Advertisement
Back