Tyree.st louis in the draft

Advertisement
That’s some good hype for him. He’s put in the work to get those type of comments. However, this is the year that determines the amount of his first paycheck come next season.

Pretty interesting. I'm expecting an All-Conference type of year from him, Gauthier, and maybe even Donaldson. Our OL might surprise people this year. I think our OL will be strong in pass protection and very inconsistent in runblocking. Our current starting guards, which are largely the question marks seem to be more finesse than power. This is especially true of Mahoney. The game tape on Boulware shows more of a quick footed finesse player, as well. Jahair Jones is actually a total mystery to me. But, he's gone day 1 of spring to present with a lock on the LG spot, so that's encouraging. I hope he can maul some.

As for St. Louis, he is actually fantastic in pass protection. He's largely a finesse/athletic OT. I believe he will be a stalwart for us in pass pro at LT. If he shows some improvement in run blocking, I can see him getting into the 2nd round.

Wow. Great for TSL. I will admit that I had high expectations for him out of IMG. The few times I saw him play he looked like a prototype at OT. Thought he would be a superstar a lot sooner. If he can put it together this season, watch out. Hes got the tools.

Advertisement
I can see Top 100 overall draft stock wise. He has his areas of development but otherwise is a solid T prospect. What about Hyatt from Clemson - 5* talent but under developed. That says a lot about the OL that the Tigers produce. Or it could mean he is a total bust even if he won ACC OL of the Year. We all know those are rigged awards slated away from Miami anyways. Look at last year’s trophies as an example

Advertisement
Not really related, but it's absurd that Wisconsin returned their entire OL from last season, which included 3 All-Americans and 3 guys potentially projected as 1st rounders. The LT (2nd Team AA) is a RS Senior who opted to come back and may even play LG this year due to a talented LT emerging and causing a reshuffling of last year's OL.

Jonathan Taylor may run for 2,000 yards this year.

Pretty interesting. I'm expecting an All-Conference type of year from him, Gauthier, and maybe even Donaldson. Our OL might surprise people this year. I think our OL will be strong in pass protection and very inconsistent in runblocking. Our current starting guards, which are largely the question marks seem to be more finesse than power. This is especially true of Mahoney. The game tape on Boulware shows more of a quick footed finesse player, as well. Jahair Jones is actually a total mystery to me. But, he's gone day 1 of spring to present with a lock on the LG spot, so that's encouraging. I hope he can maul some.

As for St. Louis, he is actually fantastic in pass protection. He's largely a finesse/athletic OT. I believe he will be a stalwart for us in pass pro at LT. If he shows some improvement in run blocking, I can see him getting into the 2nd round.
I personally Think the oline will improve and take a step forward, Mahoney seems to be really coming on too.
Offensive line coach Stacy Searels: “You’d like to say one guy or the other – if one guy is standing out, it’s not good. We’ve got to have five guys playing together. I will say this: Hayden Mahoney is a kid some people thought may or may not be able to start for us – we grade every single padded practice, he grades out the highest every day. Zalon’tae Hillery has been probably the most solid most productive player out of spring. But one guy who’s been great is Hayden. I like the whole first unit as far as where they are.”

I personally Think the oline will improve and take a step forward, Mahoney seems to be really coming on too.
Offensive line coach Stacy Searels: “You’d like to say one guy or the other – if one guy is standing out, it’s not good. We’ve got to have five guys playing together. I will say this: Hayden Mahoney is a kid some people thought may or may not be able to start for us – we grade every single padded practice, he grades out the highest every day. Zalon’tae Hillery has been probably the most solid most productive player out of spring. But one guy who’s been great is Hayden. I like the whole first unit as far as where they are.”

Wow, that's refreshing to read. I feel like Searels is not a coach who is quick to praise.

With that said, I do think the entire coaching staff is shifting to "build them up" mode now as we inch closer to the season.

Advertisement
Wow, that's refreshing to read. I feel like Searels is not a coach who is quick to praise.

With that said, I do think the entire coaching staff is shifting to "build them up" mode now as we inch closer to the season.
If the OL plays lights out that changes everything, im trying not to get too excited fuq i hate august.

Hope the OL kills it this year, they may surprise some people on here.

They may also *******e the bed, but I will remain optimistic. I do think that full-bodied upperclassmen on the interior will help our 4-headed running monster, but if TSL and Donaldson can sustain pockets and push DEs outward, it can help Rosier by preventing batted balls.

Jones is supposedly one of the strongest guys on the team.

Advertisement
When is the last time we've had good OL play? It's been too long to remember.

The run game, specifically. Miami has had some good individual pass protectors, and some good OLs who could pass protect as cohesive units.

But it's been a long time since Miami had 5 maulers in the run game.

Agree with Jassid that I thought TSL would bust out sooner, so no surprise to me he's finally getting attention. All our OL should show out in pass pro given the guys they face every snap. But we need to see St Louis get more push in run plays to be talking about Rounds 1 through 3. He has the potential, no doubt.

Richt keeps repeating that the 1s are ready to go, and that the young guns are making youthful mistakes but have talent. I personally believe Boulware beats out Mahoney for the second guard slot. Either way, we've got 6 veterans plus Scaife who can play, with a lot of depth behind them. I have a much more positive feeling about the 2018 OL than the 2017 OL. They get tested in a couple weeks, and we'l know what kind of material we're working with at that point.

I see your point of view but add this to their quotes and you get what I feel is a more accurate description - The players that these coaches wanted and recruited are now Sophomores and Juniors, have always had the requested mentalities, and are developing on schedule (OL 2-3 yrs, QBs 2-3 yrs, skill 2 years, DL 1-2 years). And as for the seniors, they've had the Golden beat out of them for 3 years and have been working like monsters with our strength coach and nutrition team for 3 years.

My guess is they are doing what most good coaches, players and teams do, developing on schedule. And rightfully being praised for it.

Advertisement
Back