Tyree-KJ OSBURN

Advertisement
WOULD YALL BE COOL WITH TAKING ON THE 2 BUFFALO GUYS AS GRAD TRANSFERS.

QUITE FRANKLY I WOULD BE ECSTATIC WITH IT.

FINISH THE WR CLASS WITH: K.J. Osburn and TJ Jones

QB: Tyree Jackson and a possible project qb. If not find with just Jackson.

Jackson is our starter the minute he transfers here....We'd likely lose one of our current qb's but at this point who cares..ive seen enough of them to know they arent Miami level talent wise

Accuracy matters more than any other stat. Career 55.8% Dont need a taller Rosier. Being that tall he should have better throwing lanes and higher completion numbers, so it's a huge red flag. There are 3 JUCO QBs available with completion % above 65%. One was actually 70% in HS. I'd go with the accurate QBs first as that is the aspect we are missing, no athleticism.

Advertisement
Accuracy matters more than any other stat. Career 55.8% Dont need a taller Rosier. Being that tall he should have better throwing lanes and higher completion numbers, so it's a huge red flag. There are 3 JUCO QBs available with completion % above 65%. One was actually 70% in HS. I'd go with the accurate QBs first as that is the aspect we are missing, no athleticism.

They are playing juco fb. Barely a step above avg s.fla football. Nathan Elliot had a 61% percentage and is a certified bum.

They are playing juco fb. Barely a step above avg s.fla football. Nathan Elliot had a 61% percentage and is a certified bum.

I looked at HS numbers too. Sure, the defenses may not be great, but at the same time the WRs might not be great either and will drop catchable balls. Over a multiple year time period, the overall average can give you a sense about a guy's accuracy. Funny thing when going though the list- 3/4 of the QBs had accuracy in the 57-59% range. That, IMO, means they are just Rosiers at the JUCO level. At a higher level the accuracy would drop big time. 61% JUCO like the dude you mentioned would be 57% D1 (at best) which isn't good enough to beat teams like Clemson.

The guys above 65% actually have some passing skill- if a guy has 68% accuracy at the JUCO level, I'd guess he'd be a 62% passer at the D1 level without any additional coaching. That would still be more accurate than anyone on the roster. In any case, Miami might go into next year with 1 QB on the roster. Take one of those Buffalo QBs and one of these guys. I see no downside to that plan. We need 2 qbs. If that scares Williams off, then good riddance.

Messiah DeWeaver, JUCO kid at East Mississippi CC, 6'5" 230 lbs, 68% completion (JUCO stats)

Kare Lyles, 6'2" 210 lbs, 70% completion (HS career), 63.5% completion (JUCO)

Tylan Morton, Hinds CC (from GA though so Rick connection) 6'4", 200 lbs, 66.7% completion (HS stats), set Georgia single season record for passing in 2016 (4741 yards). Academics seems to be his issue, which is why he didn't end up at a major D1 program. They play really good football in Georgia, so I'd see if Morton could qualify as I like his potential the most.

Last edited:
Facts but it appears he’s all in on Miami. Williams loves that he can win a natty here and is really close with his teammates at Miami. He wants to play in a spread offense too per his ig live yesterday.

And personally I’d rather our receivers grow with a young qb (not Perry, done with him) rather than all this uncertainty every year
Lol, Perry will start and win under Applewhite. I just need y'all to continue to hate. The kid didn't do anything wrong.

Lol, Perry will start and win under Applewhite. I just need y'all to continue to hate. The kid didn't do anything wrong.

Your right he’s acting like a typical college kid.. unfortunately he’s on scholarship at a major D1 program that makes his every move up to scrutiny from the fans and media which effects the reputation of the school/program and his teammates

QBs are treated different you have to be a leader on and off

Don’t like it? Transfer down a level to D2 and just go to school

Advertisement
What do you mean he did not do anything wrong? You act like he came in and lit things up. He's very inconsistent, he could not even beat out sorry *** Malik Rosier. We will see at the end of spring practice.

Tyree Jackson has a chance to be a legit draft pick. Kosi can’t even hold that kid’s jock strap.
Well he could but I'm sure he would post it somewhere. Perry is a immature young man that I don't believe will be on the team much longer.

Advertisement
I see think there's plenty of pros and cons to taking Jackson. I'm torn on this one.

My gut is hire a good OC & QB coach - then give them more time developing Perry & Williams vs taking a transfer. Our QB's are still too young to give up on yet.

WOULD YALL BE COOL WITH TAKING ON THE 2 BUFFALO GUYS AS GRAD TRANSFERS.

QUITE FRANKLY I WOULD BE ECSTATIC WITH IT.

FINISH THE WR CLASS WITH: K.J. Osburn and TJ Jones

QB: Tyree Jackson and a possible project qb. If not find with just Jackson.

Jackson is our starter the minute he transfers here....We'd likely lose one of our current qb's but at this point who cares..ive seen enough of them to know they arent Miami level talent wise
You’ve seen enough of Jarren to know he’s not Miami caliber? I think you guys would be well served to wait and see what our QBs can do with competent coaching before declaring them garbage.

Advertisement
If he was unable to leapfrog the nimrods we had playing qb ....he needs some seasoning. I like Jarren Williams..but i think he was still behind Cade Weldon he's young...not talented enough to tell a draftable nfl qb to kick rocks. Nkosi Perry isnt mature enough as yet..just my opinion. Im just more a fan of Jackson than anyone on our roster...even more of a plus if Osburn kid would come as that adds some experience to the wr core with all the attrition at that spot. I actually think Dugans started following Osburn so lets see. But im a big fan of both.

I get that you like the kid which is cool. I think it would have been better to simply say you like him more than our current group as opposed to saying you've seen enough of the current group to know they aren't Miami level talent.

I don’t think it’s about that. He’s gotta learn a new system...I’d rather go with a 5th year senior and tell Jarren to learn this O throughly and play him at certain points this year with a fresh reminder its his team next year. If we get Jackson then there’s no need for Kosi.

I kinda is about that if you say none of our QB's are talented enough for Miami. That comment isn't saying Jarren it's your team the next year. That comment is saying Jarren can't play on this level.

I kinda is about that if you say none of our QB's are talented enough for Miami. That comment isn't saying Jarren it's your team the next year. That comment is saying Jarren can't play on this level.

Jarren made throws in his huiglight tape that some QBs playing on Sundays can’t make. Barton Simmons is on record saying he was shocked he wasn’t the starter. Everybody in the world knows that it should’ve been Jarren instead of Malik and a skinny kid from Ocala who didn’t even know how to read a defense when he showed up on campus.

If Richt would’ve held a real QB competition then maybe there wouldn’t be a discussion like this.

Advertisement
Back