Tyreak Sapp top 5

Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas DE Tyreak Sapp is a very soft Florida commitment.

And Miami’s in his final five along with UF, Alabama, Ohio State and Georgia Tech. He was able to take unofficial visits to Miami and Florida and has done virtual visits with Alabama and Georgia Tech during the shutdown.

“I want to get everywhere if I can - if I can’t I have to do what I have to do,” Sapp said. “Even if I can’t take visits I feel like I can make a decision at the end of the day, I have pretty good knowledge on all those schools.”

He’s targeting announcing a final decision “around the middle of the season.”

Sapp says he’s not feeling more love from one school compared to another and says “all the Miami coaches are recruiting me.”

“They all hit up my phone, same with Florida,” Sapp says.

Sapp says Cane coaches are pressing him to make a decision since UM is running short on numbers.

“Miami’s ready for me to make my decision, want everything to be done quickly,” Sapp said. “But no, I’m taking my time. I know they don’t have many spots but they want me, so I’m not worried about spots filling up. They’ll find a spot for me (if he picks UM).”

Sapp says of UM’s program that “One particular thing I like is they’re trying to grow, make everything better. They are getting better, are making progress. Their recruiting class - I pay attention to that. That’s important, Miami’s class, but at the same time really what I want to see from Miami is win more games, have more players go early in the first round.

“I want to make sure I’m going to a winning program, a culture of winning. That’s what I want to go into.”

Smart kid

Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas DE Tyreak Sapp is a very soft Florida commitment.

The Gaytors LOVE "very soft commitments".

Like Desmond Fatson, who is very soft in the middle. Did you know, he actually giggles if you poke him in the belly with your finger?

And Jake Slaughtered? Have you SEEN him in action, he is the definition of "soft".

Anyhow, I hope that Sapp's delay works out for us, in case the NCAA does lift the "IC Cap" for 2021. My honest opinion is that we would likely only take 1 of Smith/Sapp. I prefer Sapp because Sapp is a "two-fer", he's a gain for UM and a loss for the Gaytors.

If the Gaytors lose Sapp, they will target this guy:

1596204566165.png

Or this guy:

1596204606333.png

Well have 1 or 2 spots for last minute ballers

If a late Sapp, Vandergriff, or maybe Mims want in we’ll have a spot.

Advertisement
Indeed. Thats exactly what you'd like to hear from a recruit (but maybe not as a fan); a measured, patient and pragmatic approach when you know you're a coveted talent. It sounds like producing on the field is the last box we need to check to get his services.

Agreed. None of that Savion Collins "Waaah, Miami doesn't talk to me anymore" nonsense.

I wouldn't wait if some other of our targets are ready to come aboard id rather take them then have this guy ***** you at the last minute.im sure we got other positions that are more of a concern

Advertisement
The second a kid said “eh I know they’ll have a spot me for” I’d yank his scholarship. Maybe that’s why I’m on a message board & eating a quarter pounder with chese but that one ****ed me off.
I’m sure he’s saying that because it’s what someone at UM has told him. That may not be the recruiting pitch, but I could see a Cooney or DVD saying something like that to him on the low.

One of the most difficult hurdles to overcome when recruiting STA is they typically have a largest group of front runners you'll find in Broward or South FL in general.

Way harder to sell them on rebuilding something or doing it from scratch, they want a ready made machine to hop on.

I still think we can get him but he's gonna be a kid you have to recruit well into the season before he's convinced, plus he'll probably wanna stretch it out & announce at whatever post season All-star game he'll be attending because STA kids can't EE anyway.

If we have room just keep on pushing for him because he's open for a flip just gonna have to wait a lil longer than we will with everyone else.

But if Bama or Oh St decides they want him he's there's, especially Bama because they already have his teammate Dallas Turner committed & they're making a concerted effort into recruiting FL heavy this class & the highest rated DE in Alabama committed to Tenn back in April & he's still very solid to them.

The one little holdup for them could be his size, Bama typically doesn't recruit undersized DLineman, he's not really the ideal 5-tech for them & he certainly wouldn't be a NT for them either. They may just take him because of his ranking & because he's from South FL but he doesn't really fit the mold physically of what they like for their interior linemen because he's not a 2-gap lineman, but he fits perfect for us & could easily play as a 3-tech in our system.

Advertisement
One of the most difficult hurdles to overcome when recruiting STA is they typically have a largest group of front runners you'll find in Broward or South FL in general.

Way harder to sell them on rebuilding something or doing it from scratch, they want a ready made machine to hop on.

I still think we can get him but he's gonna be a kid you have to recruit well into the season before he's convinced, plus he'll probably wanna stretch it out & announce at whatever post season All-star game he'll be attending because STA kids can't EE anyway.

If we have room just keep on pushing for him because he's open for a flip just gonna have to wait a lil longer than we will with everyone else.

But if Bama or Oh St decides they want him he's there's, especially Bama because they already have his teammate Dallas Turner committed & they're making a concerted effort into recruiting FL heavy this class & the highest rated DE in Alabama committed to Tenn back in April & he's still very solid to them.

The one little holdup for them could be his size, Bama typically doesn't recruit undersized DLineman, he's not really the ideal 5-tech for them & he certainly wouldn't be a NT for them either. They may just take him because of his ranking & because he's from South FL but he doesn't really fit the mold physically of what they like for their interior linemen because he's not a 2-gap lineman, but he fits perfect for us & could easily play as a 3-tech in our system.
How do you think Sapp compares to Nesta?

Agreed on the size deal LCE, he is a 5T for them but doesnt have the length of the guys that they usually take. Plus, theyre about to take Monkell Goodwine from MD who is also a 5T. They also really want Shemar Turner from TX who is another 5T that they feel really good about. They have already taken 2 NT types. If he is going to wait this out, Bama could be full. OSU is recruiting better than anyone right now so who knows if they even really want him unless they miss on others. One of Bama’s mods also mentioned that Sapp has some work to do in the classroom this fall.

The Gaytors LOVE "very soft commitments".

Like Desmond Fatson, who is very soft in the middle. Did you know, he actually giggles if you poke him in the belly with your finger?

And Jake Slaughtered? Have you SEEN him in action, he is the definition of "soft".

Anyhow, I hope that Sapp's delay works out for us, in case the NCAA does lift the "IC Cap" for 2021. My honest opinion is that we would likely only take 1 of Smith/Sapp. I prefer Sapp because Sapp is a "two-fer", he's a gain for UM and a loss for the Gaytors.

If the Gaytors lose Sapp, they will target this guy:

View attachment 124641

Or this guy:

View attachment 124642

You can bull rush the Pillsbury Dough Boy when he's at OG. Michelin Man is hard to run against. Stout at the point of attack. Lot of tread on those tires, but he stays in shape.

Advertisement
Back