Tyler Van Dyke SR HL

I've seen enough of the current roster.
Agreed. It’s the 2018 aka the entitled class that’s all over social media with their bs I feel like the 2019 and 2020 class has a different mindset because they signed up knowing the dilema we are in and it seems like they want to help change that. The 2018 class, not so much. I could be wrong but it seems like they’re more concerned about individual stats.

Advertisement
DMoney, does the level of competition this kid plays against concern you? I had 3 schools from this league contact us about my son playing there for HS......so I watched a pretty good amount of film from different teams in the league......their weren't any athletes atleast compared to Florida!

It’s a concern, but he can only play the teams on his schedule and he went undefeated.

Matt Ryan played similar competition.

@DMoney, the question I have is if Enos is still going to be our OC for next season how much premium does he place on going with one of his own recruits or is he the type that prefers a more experienced upper classmen?

TVD is an Enos eval, Jarren & Perry were not, the 2 of them would obviously have the leg up being a full year in his "complicated" system but TVD plays in similar offense in HS & fits the mold of the exact kind of QB that Enos would want from his days back in CMU (whether that's a good or bad thing).

Basically I'm asking, how much does Enos value experience over traits/ability? If TVD shows a good understanding of the offense combined with his natural traits/ability does that supersede Jarren/Perry's experience with the playbook?

Or, do they hit the Portal again for a Grad Transfer QB?

Agreed. It’s the 2018 aka the entitled class that’s all over social media with their bs I feel like the 2019 and 2020 class has a different mindset because they signed up knowing the dilema we are in and it seems like they want to help change that. The 2018 class, not so much. I could be wrong but it seems like they’re more concerned about individual stats.
2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023........ All use social media, get used to it..

Advertisement
@DMoney, the question I have is if Enos is still going to be our OC for next season how much premium does he place on going with one of his own recruits or is he the type that prefers a more experienced upper classmen?

TVD is an Enos eval, Jarren & Perry were not, the 2 of them would obviously have the leg up being a full year in his "complicated" system but TVD plays in similar offense in HS & fits the mold of the exact kind of QB that Enos would want from his days back in CMU (whether that's a good or bad thing).

Basically I'm asking, how much does Enos value experience over traits/ability? If TVD shows a good understanding of the offense combined with his natural traits/ability does that supersede Jarren/Perry's experience with the playbook?

I could see TVD playing early if Jarren doesn’t mature in a hurry.

I could see TVD playing early if Jarren doesn’t mature in a hurry.
What about Peyton? I think Jarren is one foot in and other out. Peyton, TVD, and Jarren has a chance. Kosi should transfer. This offseason is going to interesting especially if Enos is gone.

What about Peyton? I think Jarren is one foot in and other out. Peyton, TVD, and Jarren has a chance. Kosi should transfer. This offseason is going to interesting especially if Enos is gone.

Matocha is tall and a smooth athlete. I haven’t seen him that much, though. There were three QBs competing in camp so he had few opportunities.

Implication that JW15 is mentally weak? Seems like its going to be a struggle to get him focused week-in week-out and he's lacking leadership skills .... in essence he's not an Alpha dog.

Do you hear stories of JW15 taking his OL out to eat? Spending time in the other offensive rooms, reviewing tape with teammates. You heard those things and more about the FIU QB. JW15 is not a leader.

Advertisement
Do you hear stories of JW15 taking his OL out to eat? Spending time in the other offensive rooms, reviewing tape with teammates. You heard those things and more about the FIU QB. JW15 is not a leader.
He has all the tools to be a good quarterback. But he is just a passer. He’s not a quarterback. There’s a difference. Passers pass. Quarterbacks lead prepare and elevate their teams

Advertisement
Advertisement

Not D$ but I will answer: Never met a coach, particularly a QB coach, that didn't have a subtle bias for a kid he recruited. That being said, coaches need to win, so here's what usually happens in evaluating talent vs. experience:

they will take the limited content of the playbook that Player A (the talent) has mastered superior to Player B (the experience). If that quantity of the playbook is enough to win? Then they will go with the talent , Player A. If it's not enough of the playbook to win, then he will go with Player B.

Witness Clemson last year. The talent was better than the experience for only a certain volume of the offense. But they gave it a bit of time. As soon as the Talent's quantity of the playbook became enough offense to win, look what happened. Same thing with Alabama two years ago. And Georgia with Fromm and Eason.

I'd expect the same thing from Enos.

I fully expect this kid to be in the race to start if Enos stays. Hes not a project like Matocha and is hand picked by Enos. Jarren needs to learn how to read a defense fast or he will be transferring out next season

1576119089062.png

Advertisement
Back