Tyler Van Dyke SR HL

His film looks good, but I’m concerned about the competition he plays. Playing against Exeter and Choate Rosemary Hall isn’t the most competitive level of football.

First, stop crapping on my alma mater. We were good at Exeter! :):cool::)

Second, I know one of the coaches that has worked with TVD. His cousin was one of my teammates at Yale. TVD is the real deal. Will be the most talented pure passer on the team the day he walks on campus. IF the stars align, he could be the starting QB next year.

Here's hope!

Advertisement
Great arm and size combo, is he a true dual threat qb? No, but he’s far from a statue in the pocket and can run when needed for sure. Really good prospect that has a lot of tools to work with

TVD aint going anywhere. he sees that he has a real chance to start.

I hope we find someone who can coach this guy. He has real tools.

Go to the 3:23 mark. Look at him sprint left and rope one completely off 20+ yards downfield.. There's no one in years in a Canes uniform who could have made that throw.

Look at 6:37. When's the last time one of our QB's dropped a ball like that on the same route?

I hate highlight tapes. Because that's what they are. But having said all that, I just watched 14 minutes of a kid making EVERY throw in the **** playbook. And that includes the deep out and deep comeback, and a few throws he made up as he went.

Tell me when the last time it was we recruited a HS QB with this kind of arm, smarts, and toughness to lead his team to an undefeated senior season?

Next year can't come fast enough.

Advertisement
Go to the 3:23 mark. Look at him sprint left and rope one completely off 20+ yards downfield.. There's no one in years in a Canes uniform who could have made that throw.

Look at 6:37. When's the last time one of our QB's dropped a ball like that on the same route?

I hate highlight tapes. Because that's what they are. But having said all that, I just watched 14 minutes of a kid making EVERY throw in the **** playbook. And that includes the deep out and deep comeback, and a few throws he made up as he went.

Tell me when the last time it was we recruited a HS QB with this kind of arm, smarts, and toughness to lead his team to an undefeated senior season?

Next year can't come fast enough.
He has very impressive arm talent but I dont Necessarily think the throw you pointed out at 6:37 was that great, slight underthrown . Malik rosier to answer your question vs duke to herb waters in 2015

by the way, spool up to the 11:10 mark. you will see one of the most awesome blocks ever. a comeback decleater that belongs in the hall of fame.

He has very impressive arm talent but I dont Necessarily think the throw you pointed out at 6:37 was that great, slight underthrown . Malik rosier to answer your question vs duke to herb waters in 2015

I just threw up a bit in my mouth

Hit receiver over the shoulder at full speed and ball under thrown? What are your thoughts on the first clip from the junior year film?

Advertisement
Hit receiver over the shoulder at full speed and ball under thrown? What are your thoughts on the first clip from the junior year film?

Thought that he should have led it to the 10 yard line a little more but on a second look it wasn’t that bad at all, ball placement if anything on that particular throw (which was still good as it is) could be adjusted a little. In his junior film that Was an impressive 60 yard strike in terms of distance, he can spin it. Just in general I like How he’s more mobile than people originally thought and how well he throws on the move

So does TVD. We will see if it translates to college defenses but his verified forty and shuttle are almost identical to Tua (at a much bigger size).

DMoney, does the level of competition this kid plays against concern you? I had 3 schools from this league contact us about my son playing there for HS......so I watched a pretty good amount of film from different teams in the league......their weren't any athletes atleast compared to Florida!

DMoney, does the level of competition this kid plays against concern you? I had 3 schools from this league contact us about my son playing there for HS......so I watched a pretty good amount of film from different teams in the league......their weren't any athletes atleast compared to Florida!
Christian Wilkins one of the most dominant dts I’ve seen in college played at that highschool and same league if I’m not mistaken. Clemson just signed a qb from that area in last years class

Advertisement
I must be shell shocked because I saw the thread name and figured he decommitted
Right we all were ****ed and thinking everyone decomitts. Not worried about 2021 kids.

We gotta change the culture though!! Gotta cut the fat!

Advertisement
Day 1 starter.

Should be at least.
You have to see them at least practice first before you annoint anyone. We have done that in recent years with kayaa, Williams, Perry before arriving to Miami and only one ended up being a day 1 starter

I really hope this guy comes in and works. Too much immaturity in the qb room. We need a leader that demands greatness. And someone that isn’t on Instagram putting their highlights after a loss. It’s easy to say it’s the coaches but we don’t really know what’s going in behind closed doors. Hopefully he’ll help bring the change we need.

You have to see them at least practice first before you annoint anyone. We have done that in recent years with kayaa, Williams, Perry before arriving to Miami and only one ended up being a day 1 starter

I've seen enough of the current roster.

Advertisement
Back