Tyler Van Dyke regression?

Only remember the play live, but think Garcia had TWO defenders bearing down on him, he had to make a decision fast.. Aint no wait a bit longer when they tryna knock you head off, lol.. I dont think I will search fro replay to confirm either, smfh..
You are correct. I just went back to see the video I took.

Advertisement
Look at this hold, LMAO!!!!

1664118101705.jpeg

No

No look at the OLman blocking no one as two dudes are in Garica face smh. This looks the pass to Mallory on 4th down
Yes. It was the Mallory 4th down. The right tackle chopped block to his left and left free runs at Jake. Makes no sense because this play was designed to throw to the right but you are letting free runs into your face from the right.

Makes no sense.

Advertisement
Yes. It was the Mallory 4th down. The right tackle chopped block to his left and left free runs at Jake. Makes no sense because this play was designed to throw to the right but you are letting free runs into your face from the right.

Makes no sense.
Gattis in a nutshell

You are correct. I haven’t watched the game again but I did take this video so took a screen shot.

Jake made the throw based on Arroyo being covered, two guys in his face and Mallory was open at the time he had to make the decision.

View attachment 209537
Our QBs don’t have the faith to throw the ball up to anyone in the end zone and give them a chance to make a play

Gattis in a nutshell
It’s insane. The field is what? 50 yards wide? As @Cribby has said, the dude wants to play in a 25 yard phone booth.

That first INT, 3 yard out to the TE. And these are the scripted plays. The passing concepts are terrible and Gattis has no clue on what the QB needs to be successful and now TVD is taking the brunt of it and is pretty much ruined.

How many batted balls and **** 3 yard routes or aimless 10 second routes do we need to see?

Coming into the season TVD was a QB with legit 1st round hype. In 10 games as a Redshirt freshman he had 3,000 passing yards, 25TDs 6INTS and 62.3%. Its taken only 3 and half games under Mario and Gattis for TVD to get benched because he was struggling against the mighty Middle Tennessee defense. Can someone explain how Mario and Gattis we're able to ruin TVD this fast?
Do we really believe its coaching amd scheme or that TVD is regressing back to his mean?

Scheme didn't throw that pick 6 nor miss open receivers.

I suspect more the latter.

With that said, corching kept him in the game way too long.

Advertisement
Sorry but the truth is.....The only people who had TVD rated as a 1st rounder were overzealous Cane fans.

Look at any of the preseason rankings or scouting reports. I defy anyone to find one rating him as one of the top 3 in the ACC.

So anyone saying that he's regressed overlooks the fact that he wasn't highly rated to begin with.

It’s insane. The field is what? 50 yards wide? As @Cribby has said, the dude wants to play in a 25 yard phone booth.

That first INT, 3 yard out to the TE. And these are the scripted plays. The passing concepts are terrible and Gattis has no clue on what the QB needs to be successful and now TVD is taking the brunt of it and is pretty much ruined.

How many batted balls and **** 3 yard routes or aimless 10 second routes do we need to see?
53 yards. Another positive of space it gives your qb bigger windows to throw into. I’ve seen more batted balls this year than all of last year.

Last edited:
He was overhyped. Defenses have played him differently this year and he hasn't adapted. I remember watching one of his highlight videos heading into the season wondering how he would adjust if defenses started taking away his ability to throw the deep ball. That is precisely what has happened so far this year. Fans can blame the coaches or scheme, he would have seen those same coverages with different coaches because it was evident that he relied heavily on the deep ball last season.

Advertisement
Brooklyndee warned everybody to stop crowing TVD and y’all ain’t listen
Understood and I said start Jake next game but that also means you have nuked TVD.

I don’t know if I am right or wrong on TVD but I am fairly certain that if you start Jake you have to ride with Jake the rest of this year and beyond. I don’t think it would be smart to go back and forth on QBs.

So either TVD starts vs UNC and you still have Jake there to come in or you nuke the whole TVD tenure and you run with Jake for better or worse.

Run with Jake. We can win with the guy. Disagree if you want. But I have seen enough of both to see the team has lost confidence in van ****

it's what mario does... look at josh herbert b4 mario 164 passer rating 9.6 yards per completion... after 144 rating 7.6 yards per completion.

Advertisement
You are correct. I haven’t watched the game again but I did take this video so took a screen shot.

Jake made the throw based on Arroyo being covered, two guys in his face and Mallory was open at the time he had to make the decision.
Just FYI, but in that situation, arroyo is the clear and obvious read. It doesn’t look like it from your vantage point, but the end zone (behind the offense) all 22 would make it easier to explain. Short answer: the throw is to arroyo in the corner. The passing lane and the depth of 85 makes the throw one that even if it’s complete, won’t be a TD. (For a couple reasons)

Was it the worst throw/decision by 13 that game? No, but it wasn’t good either.

Been telling you guys this was a thing. Justin Herbert went from a QB many thought the chargers reached on and wasn't a legit Top 20 pick under Mario to a NFL superstar in his First year away from him.
View attachment 209528
This narrative won't die - and these guys get paid for their opinions too.

Herbert's last two years in College:
JR - 3,151 yards, 29 TDs, 8 INTs.
SR - 3,471 yards, 32 TDs, 6 INTs.

So undeniably great numbers - and who was he throwing to? Well he had one WR get drafted in the 7th round - who is now out of the NFL.

He turned up in Los Angeles and started throwing to Keenan Allen (multiple Pro Bowls), Mike Williams, Hunter Henry and handing the ball off to Austin Ekeler. Yeah, it turns out when you improve the supporting cast the QB steps up their play too.

It’s Mario fault he can’t hit wide open WRs? Kid is just terrible and his attitude seems off.

Advertisement
Back