Tyler Van Dyke regression?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Coming into the season TVD was a QB with legit 1st round hype. In 10 games as a Redshirt freshman he had 3,000 passing yards, 25TDs 6INTS and 62.3%. Its taken only 3 and half games under Mario and Gattis for TVD to get benched because he was struggling against the mighty Middle Tennessee defense. Can someone explain how Mario and Gattis we're able to ruin TVD this fast?

Advertisement
Coming into the season TVD was a QB with legit 1st round hype. In 10 games as a Redshirt freshman he had 3,000 passing yards, 25TDs 6INTS and 62.3%. Its taken only 3 and half games under Mario and Gattis for TVD to get benched because he was struggling against the mighty Middle Tennessee defense. Can someone explain how Mario and Gattis we're able to ruin TVD this fast?
Lashlee’s offense was basic and TVD did it against bad teams. He was great at simplifying the playbook but that was the ceiling. The book is out on him now that he can only throw to the right side of the field, he can’t rely on Rambo to bail him out, and the play-calling hasn’t helped.

In before people start defending Lashlee like he’s some type of good OC that didn’t get absolutely bukkake’d against Clemson or Bama and the only good teams we faced.

That bromance between him and Strep went deeper than any of us could have possibly imagined. TVD went completely lovesick once he wasn't throwing to his bro and he hasn't been the same since.

Advertisement
Been telling you guys this was a thing. Justin Herbert went from a QB many thought the chargers reached on and wasn't a legit Top 20 pick under Mario to a NFL superstar in his First year away from him.
Screenshot_2022-09-25-10-13-12-94_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Ruined TVD?

The question should be why do QB2 have better chemistry & timing with the starting WR/TE? ACC camera debacle did TVD no favors. All 22 showed that he straight up missed easy throws and open guys.

Advertisement
Been telling you guys this was a thing. Justin Herbert went from a QB many thought the chargers reached on and wasn't a legit Top 20 pick under Mario to a NFL superstar in his First year away from him.
View attachment 209528

Should have the emoji for “stupid” at the bottom of the post

I beleive @Rellyrell pretty much laid out the data in another post why this is factually incorrect.

He locked in on dudes last year.. at least the plays called worked more to his strengths..

Garcia should have been starting last year tbh.. (I know injured).. he reads better.. has a connection with players.. throws better.. and actually picks up the team.

He locked in on dudes last year.. at least the plays called worked more to his strengths..

Garcia should have been starting last year tbh.. (I know injured).. he reads better.. has a connection with players.. throws better.. and actually picks up the team.

....For now he does that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great throw yesterday by garcia to a wide open arroyo in the end zone standing 8 yards in front of his face.

Oh wait, sorry, wrong game.
I was sitting in that Endzone when that play happened. The defender was in between both of them. Garcia should’ve waited a bit longer and he would’ve had at least one of them open for an easy TD, likely Arroyo as he would’ve cleared away from the defender.

From what I can tell, TVD struggled a lil bit in Lashlee offense, Lashlee sat down with him and simplified an already simple offense even more with him.. To point of one read throw type offense, and he had Rambo to lean on and just throw it up to who came down with alot of contested catches..

Offseason comes around and he only seems to get along with restrepo, basically openly says he doesnt have other WR phone numbers and put them on ignore (LOL but weird and sad) only develops chemistry with Restrepo for whatever reason in new scheme..

New offense you have to be able to make progressions and doesnt seem like they give him alot of easy throws, TVD seems to predetermine where he is going anyways and just locks on a guy and waits/hope for them to get open, double pat ball and force it in anyway, his feet seem bad and he has hard time coming off a guy.. That guy was usually restrepo.. He gets hurt and yikes..

Garcia has cali qb fundamentals from probably years of training and coaching, I dont think TVD has that and probably needs a strong qb coach since he never paid for one privately at young age? Im not sure, but Garcia atleast seem to be able to move his feet and get rid of ball quicker, just needs reps.. We seem to be in bad place, especially if our HC is gonna be known as QB killer.. Talk about recruiting momentum, YIKES

I was sitting in that Endzone when that play happened. The defender was in between both of them. Garcia should’ve waited a bit longer and he would’ve had at least one of them open for an easy TD, likely Arroyo as he would’ve cleared away from the defender.
Only remember the play live, but think Garcia had TWO defenders bearing down on him, he had to make a decision fast.. Aint no wait a bit longer when they tryna knock you head off, lol.. I dont think I will search fro replay to confirm either, smfh..

Advertisement
Back