Tyler Van Dyke regression?

Just FYI, but in that situation, arroyo is the clear and obvious read. It doesn’t look like it from your vantage point, but the end zone (behind the offense) all 22 would make it easier to explain. Short answer: the throw is to arroyo in the corner. The passing lane and the depth of 85 makes the throw one that even if it’s complete, won’t be a TD. (For a couple reasons)

Was it the worst throw/decision by 13 that game? No, but it wasn’t good either.
He had two defenders free on his face which is why he probably threw to the guy he could see (Mallory) as the jumping DL messed up his view to perhaps throw to the corner pilon to Arroyo.

Advertisement
You are correct. I haven’t watched the game again but I did take this video so took a screen shot.

Jake made the throw based on Arroyo being covered, two guys in his face and Mallory was open at the time he had to make the decision.

View attachment 209537
Like most of the passing plays, the receivers are relatively close together. I can see how that can make the reads difficult.

Advertisement
Shouts out to @Brooklyndee for warning us not to believe the hype on TVD.

Mario shouldn’t have called him the best QB in that presser and should have said QB position is wide open for competition.

Yes. It was the Mallory 4th down. The right tackle chopped block to his left and left free runs at Jake. Makes no sense because this play was designed to throw to the right but you are letting free runs into your face from the right.

Makes no sense.
He had two defenders free on his face which is why he probably threw to the guy he could see (Mallory) as the jumping DL messed up his view to perhaps throw to the corner pilon to Arroyo.

It looks that way, but like i said, the rushing defender actually affected the the throw to mallory more than the corner route. Also, once the edge rusher is baited into leaving his feet, the qb needs to take the edge. It’s a td in that situation. But again, will need to review tape to be certain

He locked in on dudes last year.. at least the plays called worked more to his strengths..

Garcia should have been starting last year tbh.. (I know injured).. he reads better.. has a connection with players.. throws better.. and actually picks up the team.
he has a connection with the kids who campaigned for him to commit in his class

It looks that way, but like i said, the rushing defender actually affected the the throw to mallory more than the corner route. Also, once the edge rusher is baited into leaving his feet, the qb needs to take the edge. It’s a td in that situation. But again, will need to review tape to be certain
Totally Get what you are saying. I’ll have to look as well because you are correct, he got the dude to jump but I think there was another guy there ready to hit him.

Advertisement
Yes. It was the Mallory 4th down. The right tackle chopped block to his left and left free runs at Jake. Makes no sense because this play was designed to throw to the right but you are letting free runs into your face from the right.

Makes no sense.

That whole goal line series was a mess with all the timeouts and cRap

There is only player, that has looked good in this offense and it’s Parrish. That’s a problem
Great point,

With all the calamity Parrish shows his passion and focus, why his teammates don’t pick up on this is a mystery .

X and Parrish together on the field help this team together now Parrish is alone carrying his team on his shoulders.

Like you said having Parrish a portal player come in here and end up being the best player on this team IS A PROBLEM glaringly so.

Should NEVER happen, Parrish will perform on a team of ME players like this team WAS family ( LMAO) and undefeated.

This Parrish and X .

Ruined TVD?

The question should be why do QB2 have better chemistry & timing with the starting WR/TE? ACC camera debacle did TVD no favors. All 22 showed that he straight up missed easy throws and open guys.
Because TVD wasn’t working with them. It was literally said in a ESPN article that was posted here.

Advertisement
Does TVD have to give back the bmw?
Repo-Man-poster.jpeg

Great point,

With all the calamity Parrish shows his passion and focus, why his teammates don’t pick up on this is a mystery .

X and Parrish together on the field help this team together now Parrish is alone carrying his team on his shoulders.

Like you said having Parrish a portal player come in here and end up being the best player on this team IS A PROBLEM glaringly so.

Should NEVER happen, Parrish will perform on a team of ME players like this team WAS family ( LMAO) and undefeated.

This Parrish and X .
Been like this for a few years now with our best players and leaders being transfer/portal players

2019 - KJ Osborn, DJ Dallas (not transfer or portal)
2020 - D'Eriq King, Jaelan Phillips
2021- Charleston Rambo, Tyrqiue Stevenson, (could add TVD as one of our best players and he is not transfer or portal)
2022 - Henry Parrish, Akheem Mesidor

Advertisement
Lashlee’s offense was basic and TVD did it against bad teams. He was great at simplifying the playbook but that was the ceiling. The book is out on him now that he can only throw to the right side of the field, he can’t rely on Rambo to bail him out, and the play-calling hasn’t helped.

In before people start defending Lashlee like he’s some type of good OC that didn’t get absolutely bukkake’d against Clemson or Bama and the only good teams we faced.

The 10 win ACC Champ Pitt Panthers werent a good team? Or NC Sts pass defense which allowed the 2nd lowest completion rate in college football wasnt good?

6869392.gif

That’s crazy but to tell you the truth. That’s on the coaches also.
Lmfao. Yup that’s it. They should’ve flown to Connecticut, kidnapped him, and tortured him until he threw passes to KeyShawn.

Lmfao. Yup that’s it. They should’ve flown to Connecticut, kidnapped him, and tortured him until he threw passes to KeyShawn.
Or bring his *** down to Miami and make sure he throw to all the receivers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back