Tyler Van Dyke comparison

Advertisement
Decent chance Enos isn’t with Miami by the time this kid is in position to start anyways.

Gonna take a little more than one good game against UL’s110+ ranked passing defense to think he magically figured things out.
I Mean Law And Order GIF by SVU

i have no idea who he looks like. sometimes i see Toretta, Vinny, Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan but he definitely has the most complete set of tools that this school has seen since the QB U days.
Among current and recent NFL QBs, when I watch TVD he most reminds me of Ryan Tannehill. Big, strong arm, not always the prettiest throwing motion but still effective with a quick release, and while not quick and twitchy, he's got more speed and athleticism than you'd think by looking at him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love he spots the single coverage and just puts it in a place our WRs can make plays… haven’t had that in forever. Kaaya was best with out scheming teams, but didn’t really let coley and Richards just win one on ones as much as TVD

Advertisement
This Thread:

Tyler Van Dyke is every 6'3"-6'4" 220lb+ white quarterback with above average athleticism ever from All-Pro to college starter. He is all of them.

DISCLAIMER: No one is saying he will have the same kind of career. This is simply a comparison of traits, background and playing style.

With that said, there are a lot of similarities between Tyler Van Dyke and Matt Ryan. The main difference I see is high school offense, since Matt Ryan played in a triple-option. But both guys are big, athletic pro-style passers with similar offers out of high school.

Tyler Van Dyke
  • 6'4, 212, 4.91 forty, 4.28 shuttle
    • Combine as HS junior
  • Played at Northeast private school (Suffield Academy, CT)
  • Played football, basketball and baseball
  • 21 TDs and 5 INTs as a senior
Matt Ryan
  • 6'4, 228, 4.94 forty, 4.54 shuttle
    • NFL combine
  • Played at Northeast private school (William Penn Charter, Philadelphia, PA)
  • Played football, basketball and baseball
  • 15 TDs and 2 INTs as a senior

Lolllll 2:30 on TVD tape gets me every time.

Had the perfect opportunity for a strip sack

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back