Tyler Van Dyke 3* QB from CT

Just getting some preliminary ground work in and watched a little bit more on both today. I have watched Tee in the past but wanted to watch back to back. So in snap shot form...

Van Dyke I like. I think he's actually a low 4 star kid IMO. Tracked arm in around the 60 yard echelon range. Natural thrower of the football. Release is rather quick and doesn't have as many moving parts as Webb's. One play really stood out to me, he rolls to his right and literally threw a 35 yard strike with very little drop off on the trajectory. He would be a pro style guy and thanks to Lance I know he is a 4.4 shuttle guy. That is actually the lowest time charted for a qb who made all conference. (I'm a content thief)

Good feet for his level. Good on time principle and very good at throwing on the run IMO. I like Van Dyke.

Webb gives me a lot of Matocha vibe. Frame looks similar, a little more faster twitch than Van Dyke but his throwing mechanic is not repeatable. I see him use a tons of different slotting and it isn't abated by pressures. His feet can get quirky. Now again, Enos is full on record saying he does throwing analysis and he seems to have a confident measure for producing repeatable strokes. So can it be corrected? Sure. But right now he's Mahomsing it when in reality there is no reason too at times.

And make this another QB where he is very good on getting outside the pocket, extending the play and throwing on the run. Had some really good touch and placement on the run when he did so. Mid 3 star guy with maybe a higher ceiling once things get corrected for me.
I appreciate the analysis greatly my man! Thanks for taking out the time!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not even close, what are you smoking?

And even if they looked close, this kid plays the softest comp in HS football in CT.

If Enos believes enough in his skillset/potential to offer him a scholarship, that should be good enough for most fans, especially those who know absolutely nothing about talent evaluation & development such as your self. I suggest you stay in your lane & know your role, before your lack of understanding on this subject becomes even more apparent/visible. Also..Christian Wilkins attended the same high school as TVD, which makes your whole competition argument irrelevant.

Last edited:
If Enos believes enough in his skillset/potential to offer him a scholarship, that should be good enough for most fans, especially those who know absolutely nothing about talent evaluation & development such as your self. I suggest you stay in your lane & know your role, before your lack of understanding on this subject becomes even more apparent/visible. Also..Christian Wilkins attended the same high school as TVD, which makes your whole competition argument irrelevant.
People are comparing him to Beck who was Enos first option at Baga and here.

He plays garbage comp, so no way you can compare a kid that has no real pass rush on him or any real DBs covering receivers to Beck.

Yes it is obvious Beck will be a ****, so now our fans want to downplay his talents and compare a CT QB to one of the best pro style QBs to ever come through FL HS football.

This kid is 100% a plan B to Beck, and IMO they are not comparable.

Remember how good Sitkowski looked against NJ comp, but couldn’t start for IMG as a 6’4 220 lbs 4star pro style QB?

Let’s see how this kid looks with a real pass rush on.

Advertisement
Wow clever lol. How much brain do you have left after coming up with that.
Christian Wilkins went to that HS so this guy must be as good if not better! Because it’s the HS! He’s gonna be a all american And they don’t even play the same position!👍(sarcasm) wtf you outta your mind

People are comparing him to Beck who was Enos first option at Baga and here.

He plays garbage comp, so no way you can compare a kid that has no real pass rush on him or any real DBs covering receivers to Beck.

Yes it is obvious Beck will be a ****, so now our fans want to downplay his talents and compare a CT QB to one of the best pro style QBs to ever come through FL HS football.

This kid is 100% a plan B to Beck, and IMO they are not comparable.

Remember how good Sitkowski looked against NJ comp, but couldn’t start for IMG as a 6’4 220 lbs 4star pro style QB?

Let’s see how this kid looks with a real pass rush on.

Let's see what happens. It's important to evaluate players on case by case basis, otherwise it would make sense to compare Beck to all of the highly touted FL QBs over the yrs that failed to pan out. In my honest opinion I believe that TVD has better footwork than Beck at this juncture in their development, as evidenced by his ability to perform a full-field read in one of his highlights.

Advertisement
got an arm and hit nearly everyone in stride and fit in some tight windows. just gotta wonder about level of competition

Why? If there's uniform talent and competition at each position on both sides of the ball..? They essentially cancel each other out and the QB has the same pressure and windows to work with.

Advertisement
He’s a gunslinger. Anyone have his stats? I’m curious about his TD/INT ratio.

128-of-224 pass attempts (57% completions)
1899 yards
14 passing TDs
5 INTs

Added just 105 rushing yards on 19 carries and 1 rushing TD. Only completed 14-of-28 passes (50% completions) with 1 TD and 2 INTs as a high school sophomore.

1899 yards
14 passing TDs
5 INTs

Added just 105 rushing yards on 19 carries and 1 rushing TD. Only completed 14-of-28 passes (50% completions) with 1 TD and 2 INTs as a high school sophomore.
Those numbers are pretty ******...

Even more so when you consider that he plays against some of the softest comp in America.

He is looking a lot more like Sitkowski and less like Beck.

1899 yards
14 passing TDs
5 INTs

That’s a great TD to INT ratio. Pickowski was just the opposite. The guy makes the right decisions throwing balls into tight windows. That’s a rare trait.

Those numbers are pretty ******...

Even more so when you consider that he plays against some of the softest comp in America.

He is looking a lot more like Sitkowski and less like Beck.
Those numbers are good when you consider the prep league plays 7-9 games total all season.

Advertisement
Back