Tyler Van Dyke 3* QB from CT

Advertisement
I am tired of saying this but I will for the people in the back. If this is a suffield kid you have to take an honest look Christian Wilkins went there and their staff is legit.

The kid always has his head up looking throw the ball. He extends a ton of plays which will our receivers a few extra seconds. That makes a huge difference! He looks to be pretty accurate as well...

Advertisement
I like this kid.

On the film you can see he's a huge ****** with a big, accurate arm. Yes, defensive tackling in the prep league (wtf are the Loomis and Deerfield DC's teaching?!?!?) is sus af, but his throws are legit.

Not a speed burner, but shows better feet and pocket awareness than Kaaya.

I'd take him. He will probably be a mid 4*. I liked Tai slightly better for an Erickson League comp, but this dude can play. Van Dyke is waaaayyy better than Pyne (4 Notre Dame commit) from my old high school.

Van Dyke would be a take. The kind of guy who as a Sophomore after Tate could be a winner. Ceiling is Dorsey with a bigger arm. Floor is Allison.

Also, seems like Enos likes Pro Style QBs. Mark and Jon seemed to go after more dual threats.

Advertisement
After watching the tape and seeing his measurables, I totally understand why Enos is after him. Invite him to paradise and see how he fits in from a culture standpoint because right now he's crystal balled to Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
got an arm and hit nearly everyone in stride and fit in some tight windows. just gotta wonder about level of competition

I like TVD. We seem to be relatively early to the party on him. He has a couple nice offers, with Wisconsin being the main threat. But, I bet this guy gets many bigger offers down the line

@Roman Marciante can we get a breakdown of Tyler van dyke and Tee Webb? Curious to see how you would break them down and who you prefer between the two.

Just getting some preliminary ground work in and watched a little bit more on both today. I have watched Tee in the past but wanted to watch back to back. So in snap shot form...

Van Dyke I like. I think he's actually a low 4 star kid IMO. Tracked arm in around the 60 yard echelon range. Natural thrower of the football. Release is rather quick and doesn't have as many moving parts as Webb's. One play really stood out to me, he rolls to his right and literally threw a 35 yard strike with very little drop off on the trajectory. He would be a pro style guy and thanks to Lance I know he is a 4.4 shuttle guy. That is actually the lowest time charted for a qb who made all conference. (I'm a content thief)

Good feet for his level. Good on time principle and very good at throwing on the run IMO. I like Van Dyke.

Webb gives me a lot of Matocha vibe. Frame looks similar, a little more faster twitch than Van Dyke but his throwing mechanic is not repeatable. I see him use a tons of different slotting and it isn't abated by pressures. His feet can get quirky. Now again, Enos is full on record saying he does throwing analysis and he seems to have a confident measure for producing repeatable strokes. So can it be corrected? Sure. But right now he's Mahomsing it when in reality there is no reason too at times.

And make this another QB where he is very good on getting outside the pocket, extending the play and throwing on the run. Had some really good touch and placement on the run when he did so. Mid 3 star guy with maybe a higher ceiling once things get corrected for me.

Advertisement
Back