Tyler Van Dyke 3* QB from CT

Remember how good Sitkowski looked against NJ comp, but couldn’t start for IMG as a 6’4 220 lbs 4star pro style QB?

Sitkowski #'s vs. New Jersey HS's were super mediocre. His HS ran some type of triple option or wishbone. The entire reason he had hype behind of him was because of his height and parents pocket book.

Advertisement
People are comparing him to Beck who was Enos first option at Baga and here.

He plays garbage comp, so no way you can compare a kid that has no real pass rush on him or any real DBs covering receivers to Beck.

Yes it is obvious Beck will be a ****, so now our fans want to downplay his talents and compare a CT QB to one of the best pro style QBs to ever come through FL HS football.

This kid is 100% a plan B to Beck, and IMO they are not comparable.

Remember how good Sitkowski looked against NJ comp, but couldn’t start for IMG as a 6’4 220 lbs 4star pro style QB?

Let’s see how this kid looks with a real pass rush on.

Sitkowski was horrible vs NJ comp. This was discussed on here as a huge red flag. He had 6 TDs, 10 INTs, and 50% comp his Jr year.

Terrible comparison, come on dude

Those numbers are pretty ******...

Even more so when you consider that he plays against some of the softest comp in America.

He is looking a lot more like Sitkowski and less like Beck.

Those are basically the same #s as Jeff Sims, who you love

I like this kid.

On the film you can see he's a huge ****** with a big, accurate arm. Yes, defensive tackling in the prep league (wtf are the Loomis and Deerfield DC's teaching?!?!?) is sus af, but his throws are legit.

Not a speed burner, but shows better feet and pocket awareness than Kaaya.

I'd take him. He will probably be a mid 4*. I liked Tai slightly better for an Erickson League comp, but this dude can play. Van Dyke is waaaayyy better than Pyne (4 Notre Dame commit) from my old high school.

Van Dyke would be a take. The kind of guy who as a Sophomore after Tate could be a winner. Ceiling is Dorsey with a bigger arm. Floor is Allison.

Also, seems like Enos likes Pro Style QBs. Mark and Jon seemed to go after more dual threats.
Like the movement, Me Too! Give me Brady, Rodgers, Brees all day. Eventually NFL DC's figure out how to stop gimmicky QB's. Real QB's, not so much.

People are comparing him to Beck who was Enos first option at Baga and here.

He plays garbage comp, so no way you can compare a kid that has no real pass rush on him or any real DBs covering receivers to Beck.

Yes it is obvious Beck will be a ****, so now our fans want to downplay his talents and compare a CT QB to one of the best pro style QBs to ever come through FL HS football.

This kid is 100% a plan B to Beck, and IMO they are not comparable.

Let’s see how this kid looks with a real pass rush on.

He didn't look good at all vs NJ comp. He actually looked terrible and only shined in the camp setting. Then people started building the narrative that "if only he had a solid team around him, like at IMG, he would be a stud. " We all know how that theory turned out. North Jersey Super Conference is consistently in the top 5 toughest conferences according to Max Preps and has been number 1 a couple times in the past few years.

Advertisement
He didn't look good at all vs NJ comp. He actually looked terrible and only shined in the camp setting. Then people started building the narrative that "if only he had a solid team around him, like at IMG, he would be a stud. " We all know how that theory turned out. North Jersey Super Conference is consistently in the top 5 toughest conferences according to Max Preps and has been number 1 a couple times in the past few years.

He played for Old Bridge which is in the GMC (and the highest division I believe but that’s not saying much). That conference puts out a handful of D1 players a year but the competition as a whole is balls.

That’s a great TD to INT ratio. Pickowski was just the opposite. The guy makes the right decisions throwing balls into tight windows. That’s a rare trait.
5 INTs against that comp is garbage.

Tate threw one INT his Sr year and over 40 TDs against a national schedule

Last edited:
Sitkowski #'s vs. New Jersey HS's were super mediocre. His HS ran some type of triple option or wishbone. The entire reason he had hype behind of him was because of his height and parents pocket book.
And VanDykes are very mediocre too

I like this kids film a lot. Big arm, accurate moves pretty well in the pocket. Definitely seems like a great backup plan if Beck chooses the Gaytors.

Advertisement
Those are basically the same #s as Jeff Sims, who you love
I have never said a thing about Sims, b/c I don’t know a thing about him.

I just think it is a horrible comparison to Beck, and that Beck is a lot better than VanDyke.

I compare VanDyke to Sitkowski b/c they are both big pro style guys who might look good against ****** comp (Sitkowski had decent highlights from NJ, but nothing to write home about).

Like I said, now that it is clear that we won’t get Beck, everyone on here is trying to downplay his ability and act like the next few guys we target are just as good or better.

Beck was Enos first option at Baga, where he could get any player in the country, and he is head and shoulders above any of the other QBs on our board at this point.

He played for Old Bridge which is in the GMC (and the highest division I believe but that’s not saying much). That conference puts out a handful of D1 players a year but the competition as a whole is balls.

The best divison is north jersey super and they have multiple teams that compete nationally every year.

Like I said, now that it is clear that we won’t get Beck, everyone on here is trying to downplay his ability and act like the next few guys we target are just as good or better.

Beck was Enos first option at Baga, where he could get any player in the country, and he is head and shoulders above any of the other QBs on our board at this point.

Who is really doing this? Saying that this guy is better than Beck?

Advertisement

Ok...so what are you saying? We shouldn’t target another QB this year?

You been in this thread working overtime against TVD bc a poster or 2 compared him favorably to Beck...

I counted more than 14 passing TDs in his tape. Those stats may not be accounting for the whole season.

Ok...so what are you saying? We shouldn’t target another QB this year?

You been in this thread working overtime against TVD bc a poster or 2 compared him favorably to Beck...
Obviously recruit another QB, I just wouldn’t look in CT.

Advertisement
Arm looks lively and he seems to go through his progressions well. Also rolls out of the pocket well and can fire it into tight windows. If his stats are really 14/5 on 57%, that’s not overly great. Anybody know Webb’s stats for last season?

Hot Take: FSU got the better OC hire. Briles is a top 3 OC in the nation, if not number 1. Enos is good, but not great. Maybe top 15.

Advertisement
Back