Tyler Davis update...

htownkidd

Freshman
Premium
Nothing earth shattering but sounds like we may get him back on campus before his decision. Money is still on O$U but keep chippin’. I hope the kid is aware he plays day 1 here.

DT Tyler Davis update following Tuesday's Clemson visit

Davis intends to return to Miami before a decision. No date set there for a visit, but I know Miami wants him back on campus for Paradise Camp the last weekend in July, the same weekend Clemson has its All-In Cookout.

Davis most recently visited Miami in early June for a day, and both parents were with him on the trip to Coral Gables.

Florida State got him on campus for a workout shortly after he returned home from last week's bus tour.

He entered (and exited) last week's visits to Clemson and Ohio State listing the Tigers and Buckeyes as co-leaders.

Tonight, he changed his tune a little bit and listed Clemson, Ohio State, Miami, and Florida State as a top four.

I think this might turn into a battle down the stretch, so Clemson getting him (and dad) back on campus today could end up being huge in the big picture.”

Advertisement
I think this is a Miami OSU battle with FSU in the picture. Based on the info coming out I dont think Clemson is a super huge threat but that can always change. The good thing is we arent battling any $EC schools.

I think Clemson is legit threat. They lose a ton of DT’s and after us they are the best bet for early PT. FSU has his teammate committed but he has visited us and Clemson more I believe, not sure about O$U.

I think if he shows up here for Paradise then that will tell you a lot about our position with him.

Advertisement
Kool ****ed us with his laziness on this one. Hopefully we can keep getting him on campus though

Ultimately I agree. We are probably a little too late and fighting uphill battle but the kid is giving us a chance and if he shows back up late next month..

Advertisement
Baffles me how this news gets 8 posts. This is huge news that we're creeping back into the game with this kid. He is an absolute animal and difference maker on the DL from the tackle spot. Think Aaron Donald type of player here.

Baffles me how this news gets 8 posts. This is huge news that we're creeping back into the game with this kid. He is an absolute animal and difference maker on the DL from the tackle spot. Think Aaron Donald type of player here.

I think most posters know this is a done deal to OSU.

I think he has gotta see the opportuniy in fron tof him i he comes here. Our defenseive scheme lets DTs make plays and what we have done with them in the past 3 years is a testament to that. IDK if Norton or Mac get drafted as true Jrs in a more stringent defense.

Also, what Simpson is doing on the trail is great. I don't think I saw as much traffic for Dline recruits over the span of Kools tenure as I have seen in the time Simpson has been here. From what I've heard hes a more intense Richt. Very down to earth, humble, family oriented and very relateable with that toughness you want from a Dline coach.. I think being a HS coach so long gives him great insight on communication with kids.

I think most posters know this is a done deal to OSU.
I don't disagree that OSU has a leg up on the field, but i do think he can see himself playing for Jess Simpson. The kid works out at each camp with his potential position coach. It appears that he is methodical and business like in his approach to recruiting so whatever is giving him pause on the OSU leader is working in our favor. If Jess is as is being reported then i think we can slowly chip away at this one. We just really need him to leave OSU without committing. Make it to Paradise Camp, come for an unofficial or two during the season, have an official and many inhomes. Anything can happen.

We're behind, but his own thinking is starting to change and he's "expanding" his board more now.

Advertisement
If he shows up at paradise, we are in the game. If he goes to Clemson that weekend, he gone.

Most posters know he isn't coming here, thats why this isn't active news.

Advertisement
Just keep getting him on campus. It’s clear he likes Simpson, we have another 10 win season and don’t hit a rough patch to end the year anything can happen.

Advertisement
Back