Tyle Van Dimes is not hurt

Advertisement
He also played 3 quarters without TE#1 who just happen to have over 60yards when he went down.

TVD is playing lights out and then you have posters coming in here looking for little things to complain about. WOW!!

You could go watch 90% of the QB's in the nation in a game and they would be having the same issues.

I'm happy for the kid and when he gets into a real NFL offense he's going to flourish.
Not trying to bash on TVD but at this stage in his development I don’t think he will start in the NFL. His footwork and mechanics need some cleaning up but most importantly he needs to get a lot better at being able to read a defense and go through progressions. He locks on to his receivers way too much.

They are all correctable things and I really hope he puts in the extra work and fixes them because he has a strong and mostly accurate arm and when he’s on he’s on. I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a starting QB in the NFL.

Faster pace and playing with more space . Simple. Everyone suddenly looks better…..weird.
Amazing isn't it? All of a sudden the design of the offense looks a whole lot better. Now that we are spreading it out more with some RPOs and a few air raid concepts thrown in plus tempo. Who would have ever thought that if you adjust the offense to make TVD comfortable that we would start to see our pass offense click?

Getting $1.8 million a year btw
Meanwhile… Graham Harrell‘s salary at WVU:

FA40835A-7D7C-4729-81E5-E4BAADFB8AF9.jpeg

From an NFL draft analysis web site,

As a decision-maker, Van Dyke’s eyes sometimes lock onto targets early, keying in defenders. He can prematurely commit to risky, contested throws. He trusts his arm too much at times, and will attempt to force dangerous passes. The Miami QB can be trigger-happy by default when moving from his first to second read.

In the pocket, Van Dyke can be more consistent anticipating quick throws. The Miami QB sometimes hesitates and loses valuable time in the pocket. In fact, his overall processing quickness and response to stimulus can be inconsistent. Bouts of hesitation can disrupt his rhythm and erase fleeting opportunities. Moreover, slight delays can limit RAC potential on short throws and invite contact.

Finally, Van Dyke doesn’t independently use his eyes to manage and manipulate spacing on the back end consistently. He also bails from suitable pockets a bit too prematurely at times. Pressure can spook him into clutching his release.
Wait hold on a second. The CIS experts told me he is a 1 read QB. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Yeah but that’s only because all the REAL quarterback whisperers are on here.
Any one that takes the CIS experts and insiders seriously is an idiot.

Imagine a life where you have to try and make yourself appear important on a college football website and use the phrase " pearls before swine". Who the fvck says that any way? Execpt a dude on here...LOL

From an NFL draft analysis web site,

As a decision-maker, Van Dyke’s eyes sometimes lock onto targets early, keying in defenders. He can prematurely commit to risky, contested throws. He trusts his arm too much at times, and will attempt to force dangerous passes. The Miami QB can be trigger-happy by default when moving from his first to second read.

In the pocket, Van Dyke can be more consistent anticipating quick throws. The Miami QB sometimes hesitates and loses valuable time in the pocket. In fact, his overall processing quickness and response to stimulus can be inconsistent. Bouts of hesitation can disrupt his rhythm and erase fleeting opportunities. Moreover, slight delays can limit RAC potential on short throws and invite contact.

Finally, Van Dyke doesn’t independently use his eyes to manage and manipulate spacing on the back end consistently. He also bails from suitable pockets a bit too prematurely at times. Pressure can spook him into clutching his release.
I can get behind some of this. A lot of it I cannot. I strongly agree with the bit on his timing. The “trusts his arm too much” thing in college is nit picky as **** to me. That’s literally what nfl coaches will see and coach him up on. You gotta have the arm he does to have trust so it’s blessing and a curse. But back to his timing. It’s a combo of him not being on rhythm mechanically and he’s never really had WR’s who ran the best of routes. Everything is always inconsistent so his trigger is slow.

Advertisement
I can get behind some of this. A lot of it I cannot. I strongly agree with the bit on his timing. The “trusts his arm too much” thing in college is nit picky as **** to me. That’s literally what nfl coaches will see and coach him up on. You gotta have the arm he does to have trust so it’s blessing and a curse. But back to his timing. It’s a combo of him not being on rhythm mechanically and he’s never really had WR’s who ran the best of routes. Everything is always inconsistent so his trigger is slow.
Would love to see the all 22 but from the few times I’ve gotten a good view, it seems that when he gets the snap, he’s ready to fire it but his #1 either isn’t where he’s supposed to be or hasn’t separated.

Additionally, arm talent can’t be taught. I’ve heard the commentators and even several on this board say that a lot of his throws are NFL caliber.

It’s not “nit picky” when discussing his evolvement as a QB to the next level. Yes, he’ll get away with it against mid level ACC teams but against better comp those throws have a higher turnover risk. Yes his arm talent is elite and when he has pre-determined his spot he makes elite level throws but he gets very erratic (even when secondary options are there) when he has to process through multiple reads. It also causes him to straight up miss higher percentage throws because of his tendency to lock on and trust his arm.

Sometimes it’s him, some of it is protection based, some of it is receiver play. That doesn’t make it any less true about his weaknesses, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t go to his second and third reads (although I agree with the assessment that he needs to work on his eye discipline and manipulation of defenders), it doesn’t mean he can’t improve, and it doesn’t lose sight of this being his second year of D1 play with a brand new staff.

Advertisement
The amount of clueless banter I’ve read here the last month is hilarious. People were ripping TVD because he short hopped a throw. But they have no clue the receiver ran 12 yards on a 10 yard route . Or he misses a wr on a corner route and it’s “ he’s got to make that throw “ but the experts didn’t see the wr trip out of his break. Then there’s wr’s running the wrong routes versus a certain coverage causing him to hold on to the ball too long , then it’s “ he’s holding on to the ball too long”. The same gurus who blame a cb for getting beat because they saw him chasing the wr. They have no clue the safety blew coverage.

I just rewatched the VT game and there was 4-5 passes that made my jaw hit the floor for the second time . The windows were so tight and the accuracy was so good he couldn’t have walked over there and handed the ball to the wr any better. He’s doing all of this with the entire gameplan on him, with zero running game. No OL , getting late / bad snaps and not having near the playmakers as most top qb’s.

Rather than appreciating that there’s negativity and tbh a lot of straight up garbage being spewed with the analysis. As I said “ some people have narratives in their own head and believe it’s true. Then you have the other guys who are just Garcia stans that are mad.

Fact is if he stared down wr‘s anywhere close to what people say the film would expose him and he’d also throw mad ints.

The amount of clueless banter I’ve read here the last month is hilarious. People were ripping TVD because he short hopped a throw. But they have no clue the receiver ran 12 yards on a 10 yard route . Or he misses a wr on a corner route and it’s “ he’s got to make that throw “ but the experts didn’t see the wr trip out of his break. Then there’s wr’s running the wrong routes versus a certain coverage causing him to hold on to the ball too long , then it’s “ he’s holding on to the ball too long”. The same gurus who blame a cb for getting beat because they saw him chasing the wr. They have no clue the safety blew coverage.

I just rewatched the VT game and there was 4-5 passes that made my jaw hit the floor for the second time . The windows were so tight and the accuracy was so good he couldn’t have walked over there and handed the ball to the wr any better. He’s doing all of this with the entire gameplan on him, with zero running game. No OL , getting late / bad snaps and not having near the playmakers as most top qb’s.

Rather than appreciating that there’s negativity and tbh a lot of straight up garbage being spewed with the analysis. As I said “ some people have narratives in their own head and believe it’s true. Then you have the other guys who are just Garcia stans that are mad.

Fact is if he stared down wr‘s anywhere close to what people say the film would expose him and he’d also throw mad ints.
That throw that Skinner dropped and the throw to Young down the sideline were amazing. I think it is fair to say he struggled a bit with the style Gattis was running, lack of rhythm with running game being such the emphasis, those days are gone though. He is going to rip it up from here on no doubt in my mind. He is like an outside shooter in hoops, he needs the ball, has to be involved to get that flow. Counter productive to not run the offense through him, thankfully I think the coaches see that now.

Advertisement
That throw that Skinner dropped and the throw to Young down the sideline were amazing. I think it is fair to say he struggled a bit with the style Gattis was running, lack of rhythm with running game being such the emphasis, those days are gone though. He is going to rip it up from here on no doubt in my mind. He is like an outside shooter in hoops, he needs the ball, has to be involved to get that flow. Counter productive to not run the offense through him, thankfully I think the coaches see that now.
Multiple throws to Mallory and the one to Colbie in the end zone was crazy. He threw by the defenders ear with his back to the pass . Thats A Rod type ****. He had multiple passes rolling out for his life that we’re strikes. Then the one with the defender hanging around his waist. Only this fanbase would have threads ripping the guy versus saying ” wow, those throws were insane“. I advise people to go back and watch the condensed game.

It’s not “nit picky” when discussing his evolvement as a QB to the next level. Yes, he’ll get away with it against mid level ACC teams but against better comp those throws have a higher turnover risk. Yes his arm talent is elite and when he has pre-determined his spot he makes elite level throws but he gets very erratic (even when secondary options are there) when he has to process through multiple reads. It also causes him to straight up miss higher percentage throws because of his tendency to lock on and trust his arm.

Sometimes it’s him, some of it is protection based, some of it is receiver play. That doesn’t make it any less true about his weaknesses, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t go to his second and third reads (although I agree with the assessment that he needs to work on his eye discipline and manipulation of defenders), it doesn’t mean he can’t improve, and it doesn’t lose sight of this being his second year of D1 play with a brand new staff.
it is nit picky especially with how many snaps he’s actually played in his career. He’s just finishing up his first season in games played. He’s nowhere near a finished product and imo he needs one more year. But I’m appreciating what I’ve been seeing with him. He’s in a different stratosphere of anything we’ve had in forever as a talent. He’s making throws we haven‘t seen here in three decades.

This

it is nit picky especially with how many snaps he’s actually played in his career. He’s just finishing up his first season in games played. He’s nowhere near a finished product and imo he needs one more year. But I’m appreciating what I’ve been seeing with him. He’s in a different stratosphere of anything we’ve had in forever as a talent. He’s making throws we haven‘t seen here in three decades.
You literally just repeated my sentiment with your own spin, as if my second portion of the post you quoted didn’t exist or the comment about his elite arm talent (I don’t use the word elite loosely). You can appreciate him all you want, that doesn’t mean he’s above constructive criticism and it doesn’t constitute “ripping” him.

Advertisement
Back