Tyle Van Dimes is not hurt

Advertisement
You literally just repeated my sentiment with your own spin, as if my second portion of the post you quoted didn’t exist or the comment about his elite arm talent (I don’t use the word elite loosely). You can appreciate him all you want, that doesn’t mean he’s above constructive criticism and it doesn’t constitute “ripping” him.
The same “ fans“ giving criticism were the same ones calling him “terrible , horrible put in Garcia he’s better”. Now that he’s playing well it’s downgraded to criticism? Let me gets this straight …..if he plays bad he’s garbage , if he plays really well let’s still be negative as **** ? Got it.

That’s why people say this place is full of miserable ***s.

The same “ fans“ giving criticism were the same ones calling him “terrible , horrible worse than Malweak, put in Garcia he’s better”. Now that he’s playing well it’s downgraded to criticism? Let me gets this straight …..if he plays bad he’s garbage , if he plays really well let’s still be negative as **** ? Got it.

Well for starters, I’d like to see that same energy kept with the OL as if it never happened that they were making progress before needing to change schemes. Secondly, what does anything that you just said have to do with the post you quoted from me??

I clearly said it isn’t nit picking regarding is evolution at the position, the evolution part being the key not where he is currently. That’s not being negative or ripping anyone, that’s looking for avenues to improve so he takes the gifts he already has and elevate his game to further levels (which I’m sure he’s working on and knows).

Would love to see the all 22 but from the few times I’ve gotten a good view, it seems that when he gets the snap, he’s ready to fire it but his #1 either isn’t where he’s supposed to be or hasn’t separated.

Additionally, arm talent can’t be taught. I’ve heard the commentators and even several on this board say that a lot of his throws are NFL caliber.
Seeing him live Saturday, he is impressive as ****. He is better than I thought and I thought he was good already. this team is solely on his back and it always has been since the start of the season.

The same “ fans“ giving criticism were the same ones calling him “terrible , horrible put in Garcia he’s better”. Now that he’s playing well it’s downgraded to criticism? Let me gets this straight …..if he plays bad he’s garbage , if he plays really well let’s still be negative as **** ? Got it.

TVD is as good as this University has had at that position in forever.

Advertisement
Well for starters, I’d like to see that same energy kept with the OL as if it never happened that they were making progress before needing to change schemes. Secondly, what does anything that you just said have to do with the post you quoted from me??

I clearly said it isn’t nit picking regarding is evolution at the position, the evolution part being the key not where he is currently. That’s not being negative or ripping anyone, that’s looking for avenues to improve so he takes the gifts he already has and elevate his game to further levels (which I’m sure he’s working on and knows).
Constructive criticism doesn't exist on CIS. It's all bashing.

Seeing him live Saturday, he is impressive as ****. He is better than I thought and I thought he was good already. this team is solely on his back and it always has been since the start of the season.
This is why I judge him the way I do. Find me another power five qb with the entire offense depending on them and strictly from the pocket? No running game and over half the OL missing. And that’s with him playing in a not so qb friendly offense

“ Constructive criticism “? Lmao!!!

Was that what it was on twitter and all over this board for weeks? The same idiots saying this were trashing the **** out of Tvd / players and deep throating the coaches. That was far from “ constructive criticism. It got straight up personal.

Then it all shifted on to TVD , all the hate and vitriol. But yeah, we need some more “ constructive criticism “ while he’s playing well. There wasn’t enough negativity in September. My bad.

Last edited:
This is why I judge him the way I do. Find me another power five qb with the entire offense depending on them and strictly from the pocket? No running game and over half the OL missing. And that’s with him playing in a not so qb friendly offense
He is a really good player. he climbed the pocket plenty, took off when he had daylight and delivered fantastic throws. He ran for a first down on 3 and 6 or 8 whatever it was to get the team to victory formation.

Advertisement
From an NFL draft analysis web site,

As a decision-maker, Van Dyke’s eyes sometimes lock onto targets early, keying in defenders. He can prematurely commit to risky, contested throws. He trusts his arm too much at times, and will attempt to force dangerous passes. The Miami QB can be trigger-happy by default when moving from his first to second read.

In the pocket, Van Dyke can be more consistent anticipating quick throws. The Miami QB sometimes hesitates and loses valuable time in the pocket. In fact, his overall processing quickness and response to stimulus can be inconsistent. Bouts of hesitation can disrupt his rhythm and erase fleeting opportunities. Moreover, slight delays can limit RAC potential on short throws and invite contact.

Finally, Van Dyke doesn’t independently use his eyes to manage and manipulate spacing on the back end consistently. He also bails from suitable pockets a bit too prematurely at times. Pressure can spook him into clutching his release.
Pretty accurate from what I seen from him. If he wasn’t a Cane there really wouldn’t be a debate.

I’m going to do everything possible to see him at least once before he’s gone.

Advertisement
You know what is funny. A lot of CIS posters called Hurts trash. Look who is trash now....only the CIS posters.

I stick by my OP. Tyler is just fine. With a new OC he is back to putting up fantastic numbers aside from his stellar throws.

You know what is funny. A lot of CIS posters called Hurts trash. Look who is trash now....only the CIS posters.

I stick by my OP. Tyler is just fine. With a new OC he is back to putting up fantastic numbers aside from his stellar throws.

Advertisement
👁 👁

I remember when Garcia was the man. The season could be salvaged if Garcia had been named the starter. Such fond memories…

Have no fear, according some of the "experts" here Garcia is better and should have been playing the whole time 🙄

Advertisement
Back