Tyle Van Dimes is not hurt

Y

You have guys like Roman dispelling these rumors weekly.

TVDs issue is handling pressure imo.
BIG issue that carried over from last year. ****t even last year he stood tall and took shots while delivering dots but he bails on any pressure when he doesn’t have to, can be improved tho he’s still young in playing time

Advertisement
The reason we aren’t scoring many plays is clearly a lack of playmakers at RB and WR. Our passes averaged 6.5 yards yesterday.

Advertisement
That happens when other posters start hype threads. He’s been much better but the little things are what separate him from being great.

Clock management was abysmal yesterday and he makes simple mistakes at times that don’t keep the clock moving or stopping when we’ve needed it over the course of the season.
You mean he's still learning? What a shocking discovery that a college QB is still learning. Bravo!!

I think if you were going to project receiving distribution in camp for a game mid-season, it would've went something like this:

Restrepo -- 5 catches
K Smith -- 4 catches
Mallory -- 4 catches
Knighton -- 3 catches
George -- 3 catches
B Smith -- 2 catches
Arroyo -- 2 catches
Parrish -- 2 catches
Redding -- 2 catches
Ladson -- 2 catches
Maybe some of the young kids like Skinner, Horton, maybe Brinson emerging, getting work

Instead, in Game 6, this is who he's throwing to:

Colbie Young -- 9 for 110
Brashard Smith -- 6 for 76
Will Mallory -- 3 for 62
Frank Ladson -- 5 for 58
Jaleel Skinner -- 2 for 30
Thad Franklin -- 1 for 12
Isaiah Horton -- 1 for 6
Romello Brinson -- 1 for -1
Dom Mammarelli -- 1 for -2

If you'd have told me in August, that we would win a game in Blacksburg, and Restrepo, Key Smith, Jacolby George, Jaylan Knighton, AND Henry Parrish would combine to catch ZERO passes, and Will Mallory would be concussed halfway through the game, I'd have said you were living in an alternate reality.

And TVD clearly struggles at times with those progressions which then clearly affects his accuracy and quite frankly his attitude. Is it all him…..no but while simplifying things will help him it will more than likely make this team one dimensional on offense. For this year and most of the opponents, that should be enough to compete and win games but it doesn’t change that fact that the offense will have to sacrifice potential in other areas for him to succeed.

Now if Miami goes into Clemson and balls out (300-400 yards, 3+ TD, 30+ points) then who cares, it’s effective so do what needs to be done. My bigger concern is moving forward if TVD comes back. Does his game evolve or is it the same give and take? Does Garcia transfer without seeing what he can actually do? I’m not on the bench or crush TVD train, but I also don’t believe at this current level he optimizes the offense like some might.
For freak sake, JUST SHUT UP. his accuracy? his attitude? simplifying? They are not simplifying, they EXPANDED the playbook. He was lights out Saturday in a 25 mile an hour wind.

Advertisement
If TVD continues this trajectory he will be league bound. And he will be a 1-3 round draft pick. Which at that point mario will have coached two high round draft picks at quarterback. That ought to dispel any notion that he kills quarterback careers

yep. you're right.

the volume of ignorant horse**** about QB play spewed on this board is enough to choke a donkey.

new rule for the CIS hoi polloi: unless you played and coached the QB position in college, please STFU and let the grown-ups talk. you're embarrassing yourself and your family, along with irritating most of the people you sit with on the bus bench each afternoon while waiting for your ride to work.

as a point of fact, there are multiple concepts in pretty much EVERY passing system, that REQUIRE "single read."

spoiler alert: the system gattis is running has them.

additionally, most reads are done pre-snap, so even when there are (in SOME cases) multiple reads for a particular route concept, post snap, there is only ONE read. are there progressions that require scanning through primary and secondary receivers? of course. but that's often based off of a SINGLE POST-SNAP read, and how many progressions there are in the pattern totally depends upon the system and concept you happen to be running. if you want TVD to have more post snap reads? great, send a letter to gattis and tell him. i'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. it will also make the passing concepts more challenging for the receiver, but that's ok right? these guys have shown they can handle anything we can throw at them. SMFH

follow marciante is you want to learn more. he has the patience to explain, whereas i have reached my wits end of casting pearls to swine.
Don’t you come in here bringing knowledge and facts and ****. People would rather us be bad to prove their point.

Advertisement
Getting $1.8 million a year btw

Straight robbery.

1666025499935.png

yep. you're right.

the volume of ignorant horse**** about QB play spewed on this board is enough to choke a donkey.

new rule for the CIS hoi polloi: unless you played and coached the QB position in college, please STFU and let the grown-ups talk. you're embarrassing yourself and your family, along with irritating most of the people you sit with on the bus bench each afternoon while waiting for your ride to work.

as a point of fact, there are multiple concepts in pretty much EVERY passing system, that REQUIRE "single read."

spoiler alert: the system gattis is running has them.

additionally, most reads are done pre-snap, so even when there are (in SOME cases) multiple reads for a particular route concept, post snap, there is only ONE read. are there progressions that require scanning through primary and secondary receivers? of course. but that's often based off of a SINGLE POST-SNAP read, and how many progressions there are in the pattern totally depends upon the system and concept you happen to be running. if you want TVD to have more post snap reads? great, send a letter to gattis and tell him. i'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. it will also make the passing concepts more challenging for the receiver, but that's ok right? these guys have shown they can handle anything we can throw at them. SMFH

follow marciante is you want to learn more. he has the patience to explain, whereas i have reached my wits end of casting pearls to swine.
Even in a pre snap, single read system, still doesn't mean TVD has to stare the receiver down like they have a pair of DD **** on their back. I seen h.s. qbs, who weren't very good, at least look the other way before throwing.

Maybe TVD should work with a real qb coach this off season.

Advertisement
Even in a pre snap, single read system, still doesn't mean TVD has to stare the receiver down like they have a pair of DD **** on their back. I seen h.s. qbs, who weren't very good, at least look the other way before throwing.

Maybe TVD should work with a real qb coach this off season.

that's because they are most likely throwing sight routes. different technique altogether.

please just stop.

i'm sure the way he stared down receivers against VT, explains his low completion percentage and the 4 or 5 picks he threw.

oh, wait .... never mind.

that's because they are most likely throwing sight routes. different technique altogether.

please just stop.

i'm sure the way he stared down receivers against VT, explains his low completion percentage and the 4 or 5 picks he threw.

oh, wait .... never mind.
Hot routes? No

Good example using VTs d

Last edited:
Just so we are clear for anyone reading- this is America and you can post whatever you want about whatever you have thoughts on.
You may get called out

We don't want a board where only people who played AND coached QB in college are allowed to post, would be a boring ghost town.

Just so we are clear for anyone reading- this is America and you can post whatever you want about whatever you have thoughts on.
You may get called out

We don't want a board where only people who played AND coached QB in college are allowed to post, would be a boring ghost town.
You’re correct, it would also be pretty cool if people listened and used reading comprehension skills when people make posts with explanations of X’s and O’s.

Advertisement
Back