Tyle Van Dimes is not hurt

Advertisement
Y

You have guys like Roman dispelling these rumors weekly.

TVDs issue is handling pressure imo.

Fair point. And it shows up on the field as (or appears to result in) locking in or being limited to 1 read/WR and less than ideal use of check downs…or hitting the optimal route

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s be honest

.. most of the time he has time. We are not good at run blocking, but we are decent at pass blocking. However every team has breakdowns in pass blocking.. but we need to cut those down and those **** penalties!!
If we’re going to get as many penalties as in the Cotton Bowl, let’s at least have some Randall Hill antics to go with it.

Advertisement
This became a narrative out of nowhere and I have no idea how

He’s not a 1 read guy he never has been

Does it happen? Duh. Of course it does. Every college QB does it

yep. you're right.

the volume of ignorant horse**** about QB play spewed on this board is enough to choke a donkey.

new rule for the CIS hoi polloi: unless you played and coached the QB position in college, please STFU and let the grown-ups talk. you're embarrassing yourself and your family, along with irritating most of the people you sit with on the bus bench each afternoon while waiting for your ride to work.

as a point of fact, there are multiple concepts in pretty much EVERY passing system, that REQUIRE "single read."

spoiler alert: the system gattis is running has them.

additionally, most reads are done pre-snap, so even when there are (in SOME cases) multiple reads for a particular route concept, post snap, there is only ONE read. are there progressions that require scanning through primary and secondary receivers? of course. but that's often based off of a SINGLE POST-SNAP read, and how many progressions there are in the pattern totally depends upon the system and concept you happen to be running. if you want TVD to have more post snap reads? great, send a letter to gattis and tell him. i'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. it will also make the passing concepts more challenging for the receiver, but that's ok right? these guys have shown they can handle anything we can throw at them. SMFH

follow marciante is you want to learn more. he has the patience to explain, whereas i have reached my wits end of casting pearls to swine.

Advertisement
I think more points are coming next. The offense is still evolving, including roles. Then when Parish and Restrepo and Zion return, along with new role for J Brown. We arent close to a finished product

Duke
UVA
FSU
GT
Clemson
Pitt

Lots of football left

He keeps this up, he going to the league

Last edited:
yep. you're right.

the volume of ignorant horse**** about QB play spewed on this board is enough to choke a donkey.

new rule for the CIS hoi polloi: unless you played and coached the QB position in college, please STFU and let the grown-ups talk. you're embarrassing yourself and your family, along with irritating most of the people you sit with on the bus bench each afternoon while waiting for your ride to work.

as a point of fact, there are multiple concepts in pretty much EVERY passing system, that REQUIRE "single read."

additionally, most reads are done pre-snap, so even when there are (in SOME cases) multiple reads for a particular route concept, post snap, there is only ONE read. are there progressions that require scanning through primary and secondary receivers? of course. but that's often based off of a SINGLE POST-SNAP read, and how many progressions there are in the pattern totally depends upon the system and concept you happen to be running. if you want TVD to have more post snap reads? great, send a letter to gattis and tell him. i'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. it will also make the passing concepts more challenging for the receiver, but that's ok right? these guys have shown they can handle anything we can throw at them. SMFH

follow marciante is you want to learn more. he has the patience to explain, whereas i have reached my wits end of casting pearls to swine.
And TVD clearly struggles at times with those progressions which then clearly affects his accuracy and quite frankly his attitude. Is it all him…..no but while simplifying things will help him it will more than likely make this team one dimensional on offense. For this year and most of the opponents, that should be enough to compete and win games but it doesn’t change that fact that the offense will have to sacrifice potential in other areas for him to succeed.

Now if Miami goes into Clemson and balls out (300-400 yards, 3+ TD, 30+ points) then who cares, it’s effective so do what needs to be done. My bigger concern is moving forward if TVD comes back. Does his game evolve or is it the same give and take? Does Garcia transfer without seeing what he can actually do? I’m not on the bench or crush TVD train, but I also don’t believe at this current level he optimizes the offense like some might.

yep. you're right.

If we only let experts talk here it would be a pretty dead board 😂

But I think people bringing up discussion points and outright stating facts are two very different things

The definitive manner in which people speak here is mind blowing

But then again that’s just the society we are living in with message boards and social media

and with an OL that struggles with protection breakdowns
as long as they continue to run the offense to his strengths, we will have a shot in almost every game.

Advertisement
Back