TX to hire new AD for real coaching HC search; Strong's done

Strong isn't going anywhere. Dude can coach. Texas was in Shambles. He will get the proper time to fix it.....which he will.

Let's see if you're still saying that after he gets worked by Cal this week. Dude may not even last the remainder of the season. Vegas already has Cal as a 7 point favorites. In Austin.

More to do with the fact that Cal has the best, or one of the best, QB prospects in next year's draft perhaps.

True but that is directly tied to this from last week too:

Screenshot_2015-09-15-12-26-51-1.jpg

Advertisement
What is the proper time?
Strong isn't going anywhere. Dude can coach. Texas was in Shambles. He will get the proper time to fix it.....which he will.

The really Good coaches strong improvement within 2 - 3 years.

Since within 2 will be already here come at conclusion of 2015 and said improvement won't show as the defeats of Texas will surely mount, then it stands to reason that he's 1.) definitely NOT "Good" and is 2.) now 75% done?

What is the proper time?

Since within 2 will be already here come at conclusion of 2015 and said improvement won't show as the defeats of Texas will surely mount, then it stands to reason that he's 1.) definitely NOT "Good" and is 2.) now 75% done?

This applies to you too: You are the "Misery Loves Company" type.....aka Hater. I am not. Yes, UM is trash. It doesn't make me feel better for another program to be trash too.

Charlie Strong is in his second year. ONE full recruiting cycle in. Texas paid him a ton to fix their ship and he will. If it was an easy fix, they would have retained Mack Brown.

Don't be a hater. It will not help our trash program.

What is the proper time?

This applies to you too: You are the "Misery Loves Company" type.....aka Hater. I am not. Yes, UM is trash. It doesn't make me feel better for another program to be trash too.

Charlie Strong is in his second year. ONE full recruiting cycle in. Texas paid him a ton to fix their ship and he will. If it was an easy fix, they would have retained Mack Brown.

I never thought you would stoop to the level of QueenOfSpades by using subterfuge in not answering simple logical questions...ok, have at it

Advertisement
I just sent Blake James' LinkedIn account over to Texas.Edu.

Go ahead and swap Flake's Linkedin photo out for Mrs. Flake's instead. That might pique their interest a little more as it'll convey unrelenting toughness and grit.

Let's see if you're still saying that after he gets worked by Cal this week. Dude may not even last the remainder of the season.

You are the "Misery Loves Company" type.....aka Hater. I am not. Yes, UM is trash. It doesn't make me feel better for another program to be trash too.

Sonny, Strong fell for the old: "You got to tear it down to get the right foundation to bring it back up right" mantra of "program builders". Rather than merely tear the culture of detente and malaise methodically that Brown fostered, he brought a wrecking ball to wholesale-ditch good white boys, and some of Texas Football's most solid black ballers who were actual good student athletes.

He will have no signature win this season, and the routs will accumulate to the point of no return to securing shame to the University of Texas proud Football tradition.

Texas Football has revenues streams like an NFL team, and they also won't tolerate an under-performing coach two years in a row, no less that would Jerry Jones or Bob McNair. Strong is done; put a for in it!

The reality is that Texas has hired an AD for the sole purpose of hiring new coaches that can win like today, as in the very next Football season. Current fake UM AD Blake James needs to go back to concentrating on raising millions for the University.

The real issue is when will UM go get a real AD to hire a new Football Coach and a real traditional & dominating Track Coach for its Men's Track team?

Jerry Jones kept Jason Garrett after 4 straight 8-8 seasons.

Bob McNair kept Gary Kubiak despite losing in the first round of the playoffs with superior talent year-after-year.

There is absolutely no reason to think that Strong is out YET.

2 things change that.

1.) This is obvious - another job comes open that Strong is interested in. For example...Miami. If he doesn't think he can get UT turned around next season, he might just leave before they can fire him next season and keep his reputation intact.

2.) A huge name like Chip Kelly or Jimbo back-channel communicates his interest in the job.

Maybe we are approaching this all wrong. Go after Blake and the rest will fall. There's no way a new AD falls for the pillars and a big binder..

Where can I donate for the "Blake Must Go" banner?

Let's see if you're still saying that after he gets worked by Cal this week. Dude may not even last the remainder of the season.

You are the "Misery Loves Company" type.....aka Hater. I am not. Yes, UM is trash. It doesn't make me feel better for another program to be trash too.

Sonny, Strong fell for the old: "You got to tear it down to get the right foundation to bring it back up right" mantra of "program builders". Rather than merely tear the culture of detente and malaise methodically that Brown fostered, he brought a wrecking ball to wholesale-ditch good white boys, and some of Texas Football's most solid black ballers who were actual good student athletes.

He will have no signature win this season, and the routs will accumulate to the point of no return to securing shame to the University of Texas proud Football tradition.

Texas Football has revenues streams like an NFL team, and they also won't tolerate an under-performing coach two years in a row, no less that would Jerry Jones or Bob McNair. Strong is done; put a for in it!

The reality is that Texas has hired an AD for the sole purpose of hiring new coaches that can win like today, as in the very next Football season. Current fake UM AD Blake James needs to go back to concentrating on raising millions for the University.

The real issue is when will UM go get a real AD to hire a new Football Coach and a real traditional & dominating Track Coach for its Men's Track team?

Jerry Jones kept Jason Garrett after 4 straight 8-8 seasons.

Bob McNair kept Gary Kubiak despite losing in the first round of the playoffs with superior talent year-after-year.

There is absolutely no reason to think that Strong is out YET.

2 things change that.

1.) This is obvious - another job comes open that Strong is interested in. For example...Miami. If he doesn't think he can get UT turned around next season, he might just leave before they can fire him next season and keep his reputation intact.

2.) A huge name like Chip Kelly or Jimbo back-channel communicates his interest in the job.

Valid points but I'm still doubtful that he's retained if anything equivalent or worse than last season is the end result this year. My only caveat would be if they actually bring in Mack Brown as AD. Perhaps he'd be a little slower to can his successor based on optics alone if Strong gets to the 7 win mark or something.

Advertisement
You guys realize that Patterson was fired for all the things you want in Blakes replacement? Pro personnel guy check experience hiring coaches check for what he lacked with the relationship with boosters and his own coaches! which is what Blake is actually good at. so how could you want something more like Patterson? That doesn't make sense

I just sent Blake James' LinkedIn account over to Texas.Edu.

Go ahead and swap Flake's Linkedin photo out for Mrs. Flake's instead. That might pique their interest a little more as it'll convey unrelenting toughness and grit.

Sometimes Whoop, you get what you asked for and it comes back and bite you in the ***! There is more than rumours that Blake would like to hire Butch as UM new HC after Golden since those two had worked together, and Blake knows value of Butch, including hidden values, but some in UM BOT would veto such hire. Blake knows not only Butch proclivity to build teams to compete for Championships but also knows that Hurricane players, in each of his six seasons at Miami, got Butch the recognition from the American Football Coaches Association for outstanding graduation rates. BTW, a little unknown fact is that Al Golden graduation rates, on the other hand and while still high, have fallen below that both of his predecessors.

So, you sent that resume! Now Texas hires him Blake who had by gone on to sale Butch to TX by pitching and highlighting much of Butch's little known and perhaps hidden assets; these include his record of excellent players' academic management & much better player discipline off the field after Coach Dennis wild wild west Miami days. He had promised to TX to deliver Butch... Then we lose Butch to Texas who hires Butch for a mid range contract $3.0 to $3.5M with dollars for the best coordinators at $1.5M a pop.

Last edited:
You guys realize that Patterson was fired for all the things you want in Blakes replacement? Pro personnel guy check experience hiring coaches check for what he lacked with the relationship with boosters and his own coaches! which is what Blake is actually good at. so how could you want something more like Patterson? That doesn't make sense

Really? Not sure there's a huge outcry here for a guy that'll raise ticket prices while also cutting budgets AND will charge championship winning alumni to stand on the field. That guy had one of the easiest jobs in college sports when it came to fundraising and he managed to pi$$ a lot of people off over stupid money related gaffs. Sure, it'd be excused if the football team was winning but it's really incompetent nonetheless.

If I recall correctly their big time Boosters were very unhappy with the hire. If that's still the case and by some reports he's on a pretty warm seat, then there is a legitimate chance he gets fired this season. He still has to play Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor. That's three more losses. They also play KSU snd WVU and if he losses to Cal well then he could very well be done.

Advertisement
Really don't care about TX or Strong -- except Strong did embarrass the crap out of us. While I blame Al for allowing that, I hate Strong for doing it. So, anything bad that happens to him is fine with me. For those who seem to adore him, remember that he had to leave his recruiter, that fat *** that got in in trouble, behind because of good ole nevin. Charlie might not be as good without him.

I don't think they want a black guy as their head coach, (UF didn't want an African American head coach either). Not everybody was on board with the hire of Charlie Strong in Texas. He can turn it around there, but I don't think he will have enough time.

Advertisement
Lol that anybody thinks Texas would hire Butch. Texas is a top five job. Butch hasn't had a top job in over a decade. He's not in their conversation. He is perfect for us and would kill it here. But we're not a top job either.

I don't think they want a black guy as their head coach, (UF didn't want an African American head coach either). Not everybody was on board with the hire of Charlie Strong in Texas. He can turn it around there, but I don't think he will have enough time.

I dont think race has anything to do with it. People tried making a bigger deal out of that old old coot booster's opposition to Strong than was really there. I think they just don't have patience for someone that had to be promoted into that position and is failing miserably. As implausible as it was, the name Mike Tomlin came up during their hiring search as someone to target. Pretty sure there would have been no opposition to that hire at the time.

Last edited:

charlie had 1 yr under his belt at louisville when uf hired muschamp and it wasnt an overly impressive yr

not that muschamp had done much either he'd never even been a hc

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back