TX to hire new AD for real coaching HC search; Strong's done

Advertisement
I don't think they want a black guy as their head coach, (UF didn't want an African American head coach either). Not everybody was on board with the hire of Charlie Strong in Texas. He can turn it around there, but I don't think he will have enough time.

charlie had 1 yr under his belt at louisville when uf hired muschamp and it wasnt an impressive yr

So they hire a guy with No years of HCing experience instead?

I don't think they want a black guy as their head coach, (UF didn't want an African American head coach either). Not everybody was on board with the hire of Charlie Strong in Texas. He can turn it around there, but I don't think he will have enough time.

charlie had 1 yr under his belt at louisville when uf hired muschamp and it wasnt an impressive yr

So they hire a guy with No years of HCing experience instead?

ehh he was HC in waiting at UT and they all loved him there wanted him to take over for mack

was on the lsu national title team with saban and jimbo

our dumbass AD was trying to copy fsu/bama or something i dont know

but point still remains charlie hadnt gotten teddy or had any of 10 win seasons yet

at the time muschamp was hired we didnt know his offense was gonna be so conservative and ****** i think alot of people thought he'd hire somebody like dana holgerson or mike leach or somebody with big 12 exp that put out some really offenses but we were all very wrong lol

Last edited:

charlie had 1 yr under his belt at louisville when uf hired muschamp and it wasnt an overly impressive yr

not that muschamp had done much either he'd never even been a hc

He was the DC at UF for 7 years. Interim head coach after Ron Zook got fired and coached the peach bowl against Miami. He was the only coach retained by Urban Meyer.... He believes he didn't get the job, after Urban Meyer stepped down, at UF because he was black.

I really hope Texas isn't looking for a new coach in the same year that we are.
I really wish competing with Texas for a hire was something that Miami would actually do. All Texas looking for a coach in the same year does is justify why we don't go after the chip kelly type hire that we were never truly pursuing financially.

Advertisement
I look at Strong at Texas the same way I look at Rich Rodriguez at Michigan. There's something to be said about how well a head coach fits at that school and in both situations, they are awful fits. I don't think there's anything Strong can do at Texas that will lead him to wins.

Not that I'm on the Strong bandwagon, I just don't think his time at Texas is the best representation of what he can do as a coach.

Advertisement
Back