*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

That's a fact!

He's going to help our Safeties immensely with film study.

I still hope this leads to him getting a full time on field position coaching job.

he’s already had some coaching experience in the NFL with the Buffalo Bills. At least I recall something about that

Advertisement
Love it. Like I said before, call him whatever title you want I don’t care. Get his *** back in the program. Glad that’s done.

Not sure what his role will be, but at a minimum I know he can sniff out the bull****. And that place is brimming with it, has been for a long time.

I feel like everyone criticizing this hire misses the point. Ed Reed can come in and help with accountability, recruiting, practice, guidance for coaches. Everyone wanted Zo, but Zo wouldn't have done managerial things... A GM is not really a COS. I feel like while this won't change all the bad things that are going on, there is no way this can hurt.

Now kids come to visit and Ed Reed is there and can tell parents he will mentor their kids on a daily basis. I hope our DBs soak up everything they can

I'm not saying jump on the Flake-Diaz bandwagon, but let's be open to what this could mean

Great day.
Player evaluation
@
Player Accountability

AND COACHING ACCOUNTABILITY...

Ed is going to set Manny straight because he's played for amazing Miami and NFL coaching staffs

The wisdom and experience he's goint to bring is INVALUABLE for the program...

Advertisement
I have students follow me all the time at work.
the sht they ask me is stuff I would never ask when I was training. I would wright it down and look for it when I got home in an actuall book. Now these mfers are so used to instant gratification they want the answers now. The funny part is they can look that sht up on their phone right away. But nahh that would take to fckng long.
Kids now a days especially talented ones have worked but their natural talent has taken them farther than anything they’ve ever worked hard for.
That’s why so many legends were not these highly rated kids. And even if they were, everyone saw and was amazed at the work ethic and discipline they put in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This only ends with Ed sitting in DCJ awaiting bond after Blake secretly calls Gables police to report someone smoking in Hecht.

Jokes aside, this is a big deal. Even if you're a 100% mope and want to ignore any of the immediate benefits Ed brings you gotta understand that an independent voice and an independently wealthy man was just thrown into the mix with an official title. So if mediocrity ensues this year there won't be a unified front coming from Hecht to protect the status quo for just one more year.

Goat talk 🐐 I🐐
1580421885963.gif

I don't care what this position entails, just getting ER20 around these 18-22 year olds is exactly what the doctor ordered. Shout out to all you young bucks, Miami has the best Safeties, Linebackers, Dlineman, to ever play the game, and arguably WR'S, TE'S and RB'S... Come learn from one of the greatest to ever suit up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just want to see job description for Ed Reed at Miami. If it isn't meaningful then it is just a marketing tool.
As chief of staff, Reed will serve in an advisory role to Diaz in all aspects of the football program, including strategic planning, quality control, operations, player evaluation and player development according to the university's release. Reed will also provide assistance in team building, student-athlete mentorship and recruiting, as permissible under NCAA rules.

Can a Chief of Staff go on the recruiting trail at all? He'd be a good one to send with Rumph looking for DBs.

I agree...it's a great hire.
Even if they can't, break the rules & take him anyway.

If I'm Diaz, Ed Reed is recruiting every single Defensive player on our board, Idgaf what the rules or stipulations are, he's calling, texting & visiting every single one of'em.

Fúck the NCAA, if LSU, UGA, Clemson, Bama & TAMU can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year cheating & bagging up recruits, then damnit we can let Ed Reed assist on the trail even if he's not an on field position coach.

Advertisement
Back