Two star LB Khialil Mack from Ft Pearce 5th overall 1 round

Advertisement
Khalil Mack was a 2009 recruit. Randy opted for AJ Highsmith and Shayon Green instead.

I'm sure u were crying for mack in 09 since you had him pegged as a top 5 pick in the draft coming out of hs.

No, I was actually happy with that class until the NCAA realized that Nevin Shapiro paid for that class and it would cause years of NCAA probing, sanctions, and loss of scholarships. Then I started to cry.

You do realize that Nevin never paid for any classes or a single recruit, if he did, it would have been the first thing he told Yahoo.

It would have been the nail in the coffin for UM.

All that was proven was that he bought our players some meals and VIP access to clubs.

Even though he tried to sensationalize the story as much as possible by adding stuff about prostitutes and abortions that could never be proven.

He knew he could never out bid the $EC schools for top recruits.

He mainly paid for little things or gave money to players already on the team.

Clint Hurt got in trouble for letting Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye crash on his couch on an unofficial visit so they wouldn't have to pay for a hotel, it is an NCAA violation, but nothing compared to the **** that goes on in the $EC, F$U, Clem$on, O$U, U$C etc...

That ^^^ was probably our worst "recruiting violation" in the whole scandal.

Advertisement
If we would have signed this 2 star LB Mack back in 09, all these people talking **** about Golden(even though it was 100% on Shannon's watch) would have been b!tching like no other that we only take projects.

The "star whores" would have gone ape ****.

I know some are being sarcastic, that's fine, but some are actually blaming this **** and anything wrong in their lives on Golden.

This board has become unreadable at times, to many idiots on here that don't know a thing about college football or recruiting, yet act like they know everything.

This kid will be the rallying point for all the people rationalizing us losing out on five star caliber talent.

This mack guy is the exception. The number one recruit became the number one pick. Recruiting rankings aren't perfect but they are more often right than wrong.

We still can not miss out on top blue chippers

Advertisement
I was being sarcastic you all, calm down, just making fun of the "everything is golden fault" crowd

Last edited:
This kid will be the rallying point for all the people rationalizing us losing out on five star caliber talent.

This mack guy is the exception.

Of course Mack will be the rallying cry because they can't use any of our 2* players as an example. Any success the team has this year will be because of our 4 and 5 stars not because of our diamonds-in-the-rough that still looks like lumps of coal.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic you all, calm down, just making fun of the "everything is golden fault" crowd

Pretty bad joke. Sounds like something half the board would say, and the first 4 picks were all available to recruited by Golden at Miami. Mack was the first that wasn't.

This just shows how dumb this board is.

1. Golden wasn't the coach in 2009... So how could missing Mack be his fault?

2. Randy Shannon recruited Luther Robinson, Mack's teammate and from the same 2009 class. That means that randy saw tape of Mack as he played behind Luther and still missed to notice him.

Get your blame right morons.

Advertisement
didn't we take Luther Robinson who was from the same school as Mack....in the same class? So in all likelihood, we actually had coaches watch Mack on tape and evaluate him. Yet we settled on Robinson. That makes the sting even worse....what a joke we are.

2 star kid from South Florida goes to Buffalo, becomes top LB in draft.

2 star kid from Buffalo goes to Miami, becomes one of the worst senior starters in recent history.

We are being tormented for the glory of the 80's. Smfh.

didn't we take Luther Robinson who was from the same school as Mack....in the same class? So in all likelihood, we actually had coaches watch Mack on tape and evaluate him. Yet we settled on Robinson. That makes the sting even worse....what a joke we are.

Yes they went to the same school.

Here is a note from Mack's profile on the UBBulls site
High School: Played for head coach Waides Ashmon at Westwood High School...had 140 tackles, including eight for a loss and nine sacks his senior year (his only year of football)...named third-team All-State in football-rich Florida, as well as first-team All-Area...helped lead the Panthers to a district championship.

Maybe the coaches did not see enough of Mack on film to warrant an offer. Again its speculative at best. Robinson also had a FSU offer too, so in watching Robinson they (FSU) had to have seen Mack as well. 7 D1 schools in Florida and all of them passed on this kid. In hindsight its easy to say that they all missed, but there has to be more to the story. Grades, film, no camps, attitude, 1 year of football, etc. Plenty of factors as to why programs may have passed on offering Mack.

But **** I wished someone at Miami would have taken better look. From covering the middle of the field, to lack of tackling. All of those things plagued Miami linebackers for a number of seasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2 star kid from South Florida goes to Buffalo, becomes top LB in draft.

2 star kid from Buffalo goes to Miami, becomes one of the worst senior starters in recent history.

We are being tormented for the glory of the 80's. Smfh.

Mack is not from South Florida, but don't let that ruin your attempt at comedy.

Diamond in the Rough.

High School: Played for head coach Waides Ashmon at Westwood High School...had 140 tackles, including eight for a loss and nine sacks his senior year (his only year of football)...named third-team All-State in football-rich Florida, as well as first-team All-Area...helped lead the Panthers to a district championship.

This is why you don't fill out your class before Senior Year of high school football season finishes. How many scouts does UM have that watch games live?

Yes they went to the same school.

Here is a note from Mack's profile on the UBBulls site

Maybe the coaches did not see enough of Mack on film to warrant an offer. Again its speculative at best. Robinson also had a FSU offer too, so in watching Robinson they (FSU) had to have seen Mack as well. 7 D1 schools in Florida and all of them passed on this kid. In hindsight its easy to say that they all missed, but there has to be more to the story. Grades, film, no camps, attitude, 1 year of football, etc. Plenty of factors as to why programs may have passed on offering Mack.

But **** I wished someone at Miami would have taken better look. From covering the middle of the field, to lack of tackling. All of those things plagued Miami linebackers for a number of seasons.

And didn't every D1 school in Florida pass on Mike Williams as a WR. He might not have set the NFL on fire, but he was perhaps the best WR in the country at USC.

And what was the story with Derrick Thomas, who became an NFL star. What was his recruitment like when he was in HS in Miami. I don't remember, but I have a recollection that he wasn't all that sought after by the state schools. Sure, he went to a big program (Alabama) but Bama back then was not Bama now.

Advertisement
Back