Twins to the U?

Hanna shoots 37% from 3 while Haley was 37% from 3.
Not bad but not great either.
About average honestly.
Both are 5'6 so let's see how this works out.
Some of the motivation behind this move is beyond basketball and when basketball is not your first priority, it is probably not going to work out well.
I hope we get to basketball soon and they produce on the court.
Winning games and reaching the NCAA tournament is all that matters.
Keep the first thing first.
I was waiting on the bolded to be brought up. Im fairly certain if a football player coming in was involved with social media as much, there would be a lot of concern show (e.g., Al Blades). But like you, I hope they produce and can help us make run in the tourny.

Advertisement
I was waiting on the bolded to be brought up. Im fairly certain if a football player coming in was involved with social media as much, there would be a lot of concern show (e.g., Al Blades). But like you, I hope they produce and can help us make run in the tourny.
They’ve been involved in social media for quite a bit and it didn’t stop Haley from being the conference player of the year in 2021. So IF the football team got a player to transfer who was the conference player of the year the board would be ok with it. Clearly the social media stuff is a bigger problem for the people on this board than the girls. They’ve dealt with it and performed.

They’ve been involved in social media for quite a bit and it didn’t stop Haley from being the conference player of the year in 2021. So IF the football team got a player to transfer who was the conference player of the year the board would be ok with it. Clearly the social media stuff is a bigger problem for the people on this board than the girls. They’ve dealt with it and performed.
If it sells tickets, puts eyes on the program AND translates to success on the court, it's a win for everyone.

If it sells tickets, puts eyes on the program AND translates to success on the court, it's a win for everyone.
One twin is a three-time all conference player and the other is a two-time all conference player and people are talking social media concerns. The more valid concern is whether their production will translate to the ACC. They’ve shown they can handle playing ball and other ventures.

Advertisement
I hear you. You are right that the social media angle is probably a bigger issue here because most dont follow womens basketball and have never heard of them (including me). Dont get me wrong though, Im with these student-athletes having a life outside of their sport and building their brand.

Its just that I have seen it so many times with one of our football players. As soon as a players interest/hobby outside of football shows, all the "if he spent more time on football............" type posts starts. Chad Thomas (music) is another that comes to mind that took a little flack here for not being "fully invested" in football .

I hear you. You are right that the social media angle is probably a bigger issue here because most dont follow womens basketball and have never heard of them (including me). Dont get me wrong though, Im with these student-athletes having a life outside of their sport and building their brand.

Its just that I have seen it so many times with one of our football players. As soon as a players interest/hobby outside of football shows, all the "if he spent more time on football............" type posts starts. Chad Thomas (music) is another that comes to mind that took a little flack here for not being "fully invested" in football .

Apples and oranges my friend. Women's sports at the U (and certain men's sports too) need all of the media attention they can get. This is an absolutely brilliant move by Katie/Ruiz, etc.

Apples and oranges my friend. Women's sports at the U (and certain men's sports too) need all of the media attention they can get. This is an absolutely brilliant move by Katie/Ruiz, etc.
Got ya. I didnt look at it from that view but I agree with that.

Hanna shoots 37% from 3 while Haley was 37% from 3.
Not bad but not great either.
About average honestly.
Both are 5'6 so let's see how this works out.
Some of the motivation behind this move is beyond basketball and when basketball is not your first priority, it is probably not going to work out well.
I hope we get to basketball soon and they produce on the court.
Winning games and reaching the NCAA tournament is all that matters.
Keep the first thing first.
Which would give them the team lead for 3-point shooting against Miami's 2021-2022 starting lineup. Marshall shot .340. Nobody can touch Haley Cavinder's FT which was 109 of 112 for .973. Hanna was .805.

Advertisement
Bring us in a linebacker with 100 total tackles, 10 TFLs and 4 sacks and nobody would care if the kid was a Twitter warrior.

Both these women are all-conference performers with terrific numbers. What's the problem here? Yes, they are attractive but they can play.

Last edited:
Which would give them the team lead for 3-point shooting against Miami's 2021-2022 starting lineup. Marshall shot .340. Nobody can touch Haley Cavinder's FT which was 109 of 112 for .973. Hanna was .805.

Why did you have to say exactly what I said on the prior page, but with far fewer words?

KIDDING.

Yes, I agree completely. The "social media" stuff is obvious and big and oxygen-sucking.

But the "scores buckets" part is sorely overlooked.

Why did you have to say exactly what I said on the prior page, but with far fewer words?

KIDDING.

Yes, I agree completely. The "social media" stuff is obvious and big and oxygen-sucking.

You're an attorney. You cannot help yourself. Teasing.
Short and sweet. Years of working with air traffic control...haha.

KIDDING.

Hey if it gets another 500 to 1,000 in the stands then hear, hear to social media.

Advertisement

KIDDING.

Jimmy Fallon Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back