TVD

joeyhh

Recruit
We’ve had so many misses but I like what I see. Love his size and the fact that he’s a two sport star - an athlete.
Throws a nice ball rolling left and his deep throws are accurate.
With King on board he’ll have time to acclimate and wait for that O-line to appear.

Advertisement
How do you like what you see and we haven’t even started spring ball yet? Beyond that point he does have the things you want your qb to have in a terms of size, arm strength and work ethic it appears

Last edited:
We’ve had so many misses but I like what I see. Love his size and the fact that he’s a two sport star - an athlete.
With King on board he’ll have time to acclimate and wait for that O-line to appear.

This is the key for whoever is supposed to be next.

Advertisement
This is the key for whoever is supposed to be next.

Super important and an interesting notion in many ways. If the starter after King is TVD (god willing), it's that much more important for the OL to be much improved. You could have a guy who basically never played college ball behind a shaky OL out there looking like Kyle Wright in 2005.

If the starter is Perry or Tate (please god no), you might have a little more leeway with the development of the OL given the greater experience/mobility.

Regardless, we're never going to get back to elite status without very significant improvement and consistent OL play, and from what I see we're probably three years away at best.

Advertisement
I get the value of a dual threat quarterback, but I much prefer a quarterback who can feel pressure and throw on the run. The last thing I want to see is my QB out with an injury because he ran for a two yard gain.

Based on those highlights only, it seems like TVD has a good sense of where the line if scrimmage is. That's a plus to me.

I get the value of a dual threat quarterback, but I much prefer a quarterback who can feel pressure and throw on the run. The last thing I want to see is my QB out with an injury because he ran for a two yard gain.

Based on those highlights only, it seems like TVD has a good sense of where the line if scrimmage is. That's a plus to me.

TVD has all the physical traits to be successful. With him it’s going to be upstairs. It’s proven last year we had some of the dumbest qb IQ in the country.

Van Dyke isn’t quite the athlete many of you on this site are making him out to be. He’s mobile enough.....he’s not Brad Kaaya....but he’s really not Jarren Williams or Kosi Perry either.

If he pans out, it’s gonna be based off his arm strength (which is above average but not phenomenal). Not his ability to out-athlete P5 kids.

Advertisement
Not being a naysayer. I want TVD to be the goods like we all do. When I see his highlights, which do indeed show some good traits, I'm left to ponder the level of competition he played against. Maybe it's great, but the game seems pretty slow to me with marginal competition. The skilled position guys look slow. May or may not matter. You line up and play against whoever is on your schedule.
Hoping for the best for King and the others including TVD

Van Dyke isn’t quite the athlete many of you on this site are making him out to be. He’s mobile enough.....he’s not Brad Kaaya....but he’s really not Jarren Williams or Kosi Perry either.

If he pans out, it’s gonna be based off his arm strength (which is above average but not phenomenal). Not his ability to out-athlete P5 kids.
He's a way better runner then Perry or Kosi. His problem was his competition was suspect - Connecticut level competition.

Advertisement

Many successful Qbs aren't runners...

Advertisement
Back