TVD

I get the value of a dual threat quarterback, but I much prefer a quarterback who can feel pressure and throw on the run. The last thing I want to see is my QB out with an injury because he ran for a two yard gain.

Based on those highlights only, it seems like TVD has a good sense of where the line if scrimmage is. That's a plus to me.
Seems like I remember him rolling out, looking like he was going to run, then stopping short of the LOS to throw the ball. I haven't watched his film in a couple months, but I remember being very impressed with his football IQ. Once a QB rolls out, if they can sell the run to the D, it WILL open up WRs. If he brings that feel for the game to this level, he'll be darn good in this O. Deadly, even.

I saw King do this a fair bit as well. I simply love QBs that know where the LOS it, and how to use it to their advantage when it comes to drawing defenders away from potential targets.

Advertisement
Seems like I remember him rolling out, looking like he was going to run, then stopping short of the LOS to throw the ball. I haven't watched his film in a couple months, but I remember being very impressed with his football IQ. Once a QB rolls out, if they can sell the run to the D, it WILL open up WRs. If he brings that feel for the game to this level, he'll be darn good in this O. Deadly, even.

I saw King do this a fair bit as well. I simply love QBs that know where the LOS it, and how to use it to their advantage when it comes to drawing defenders away from potential targets.
Excellent analysis. Much appreciated....

Stop with the Connecticut competition bull ****. He goes to a boarding school and he plays teams out of state and goes against division 1 talent. He played better competition than Perry and Williams did
I'm very high on him. Only concern is he wasn't going up against top level competition all the time.

Advertisement
I’ve said it a million times, but you have no real idea how a QB will do at this level. You can make educated guesses based on some traits you’ve observed, but it’s the ultimate mentally taxing position in sports.

It always boils down to whether or not the guy can process information quickly under tremendous duress and in front of an audience. It’s easy for these guys to look good in gym shorts or to do well in some HS game that no one is watching where your talent is better than the guys you’re playing against.

Playing in a P5 game with monsters looking to decapitate you on every play in front of a national audience with fanbases criticizing your every move and coaches with multi-million dollar gigs resting on your shoulders is a completely different animal.

I'm very high on him. Only concern is he wasn't going up against top level competition all the time.
You realize he played with and against a lot of division 1 talent. Both of his wide receivers went to a power 5 division one school (Syracuse and Penn State). Their is a defensive back on his team going to Arkansas. In their championship game against Avon, he played guys going to Elon, Cal, Brown, Lehigh (all class of 2020). There are three guys in the class of 2021 and 2022 who are getting offers from power 5 schools.

Last edited:
I’ve said it a million times, but you have no real idea how a QB will do at this level. You can make educated guesses based on some traits you’ve observed, but it’s the ultimate mentally taxing position in sports.

It always boils down to whether or not the guy can process information quickly under tremendous duress and in front of an audience. It’s easy for these guys to look good in gym shorts or to do well in some HS game that no one is watching where your talent is better than the guys you’re playing against.

Playing in a P5 game with monsters looking to decapitate you on every play in front of a national audience with fanbases criticizing your every move and coaches with multi-million dollar gigs resting on your shoulders is a completely different animal.

Cotdam, amen

I pray and hope this kid is the goods. Because the proven quantity we have, King, we have only for a year.

But there is no high school quarterback, no matter who he is, and no matter what kind of competition he's had, that you can project to be a sure fire even decent P5 college quarterback.

There are just way too many unknowns, including how he will react to competition that is much much better than what he has gone up against in the HS. The difference between high school competition and college competition is night and day.

No high school quarterback is a sure thing for college. Not even the small handful of five star quarterbacks. And he’s not even one of those.

No he didn't

Yea, no talent in the NEPSAC....guess all the players below don't count...Do some research. TVD did not play in an ordinary league.

Josh Jobe CB 2018 Alabama
Tre William DL 2020 Clemson
Tyler Rudolph CB 2018 Penn State
Lamar Goods DL 2020 Florida
Kenny Mestidor 2020 UCLA
Willfredo Aybar DE 2022 #4 ranked player in country by 247
Jaedon Roberts DL 2020 California
Tarik Black 2017 Michigan (Miami in 2020 ??????)
Brad Hawkins 2017 Michigan
Christian Wilkins 2015 Clemson
Tobias Braun 2020 Ole Miss
Diante Vines 2020 Iowa
Parker McQuarrier 2020 UCLA
Kalel Mullings 2020 Michigan
Cam Large 2020 Wisconsin
Jay Brunelle 2020 Notre Dame
Justin Barron 2020 Syracuse
Khari Johnson 2020 Arkansas
Jadden Dottin 2020 Penn State
Maurice Gaines 2019 Arizona
Anthony Red 2019 Syracuse
Spencer Witter - 2019 Boston College
Zukudo Igwenagu 2019 Rutgers
Kevin Lemieux 2020 Syracuse
Bryce Gallagher 2019 North Western
Zach Vaughan 2020 Wake Forest
Zak Zinter 2020 - Michigan
AJ Dillon 2017 - Boston College
Jay Symonds 2018 Stamford
Jake Bobo 2018 Duke
Eamonn Dennis 2020 Michigan
Hunter Long 2017 Boston College
Cornelius Johnson 2019 - Michigan
Noah Gray 2017 Duke
Dallas Hobbs 2017 Washington State
Jake Byczko 2017 Umass
Blake Gallegher 2017 Northwestern
Taisun Phommachanh 2019 - Clemson
Finn Dirstine 2018 Boston College
Joey Luchetti 2018 Boston College
Ryan Betro 2018 Boston College
Charles Thomas 2019 Michigan
CJ Holmes 2017 - Notre Dame
CJ Lewis 2017 - Boston College
Brandon Sebastian 2017 - Boston College
Bryce Sebastian 2019 - Boston College
Luke Shoonmaker 2018 Michigan
Casey Rogers 2018 Nebraska
Nick Ragaini 2017 Iowa
Gerrik Vollmer 2017 Virginia
Elliott Brown 2017 Virginia
Johne Tessitore 2017 Boston College
Jeremy Lucien 2017 Uconn
Eric Rooks 2017 Hawaii
Winston Jules 2019 Uconn
Tanner Davis - 2018 Umass
Dillon Harris - 2017 Uconn
Jared Martino - 2019 Umass
Samuel Vretman - 2017 Rutgers
Cletus Mathurin - 2019 Umass
Max Mazzella - 2019 Marist
Andre Carter - 2019 Army
Malachi Burby - 2019 Rutgers
Jessie Polansky - 2020 Uconn

Advertisement
Cotdam, amen

I pray and hope this kid is the goods. Because the proven quantity we have, King, we have only for a year.

But there is no high school quarterback, no matter who he is, and no matter what kind of competition he's had, that you can project to be a sure fire even decent P5 college quarterback.

There are just way too many unknowns, including how he will react to competition that is much much better than what he has gone up against in the HS. The difference between high school competition and college competition is night and day.

No high school quarterback is a sure thing for college. Not even the small handful of five star quarterbacks. And he’s not even one of those.
Two of the all time BEST right here , so true gentlemen, what a ride it will be hopefully we can **** off some teams along the way in WTF were those dudes that whipped our butts

We have to hit though right...RIGHT! Lol it's about time we got a high level QB

You realize he played with and against a lot of division 1 talent. Both of his wide receivers went to a power 5 division one school (Syracuse and Penn State). Their is a defensive back on his team going to Arkansas. In their championship game against Avon, he played guys going to Elon, Cal, Brown, Lehigh (all class of 2020). There are three guys in the class of 2021 and 2022 who are getting offers from power 5 schools.
Are you doing a lttle trolling here. You're backing up my statement.

Yea, no talent in the NEPSAC....guess all the players below don't count...Do some research. TVD did not play in an ordinary league.

Kenny Mestidor 2020 UCLA
Diante Vines 2020 Iowa
Cam Large 2020 Wisconsin
Jake Bobo 2018 Duke
Noah Gray 2017 Duke
Jake Byczko 2017 Umass
Nick Ragaini 2017 Iowa
Jeremy Lucien 2017 Uconn
Eric Rooks 2017 Hawaii
Winston Jules 2019 Uconn
Andre Carter - 2019 Army
Thank you for posting this!! I have been saying the same thing as you. People don’t realize that TVD went against a lot of good talent.

Advertisement
Picture this young QB 4-5 star arrives after tearing it up in high school with duo tang holding his plays type playbook just winging it on pure talent.

Arrives at a P5 college and a laptop with scheme and multiple size type phone books expanding on coverages and reads .

The mind Fuuk of complexity is beyond his WOW factor dreams.

Kind of like JW type FREAK

Stop with the Connecticut competition bull ****. He goes to a boarding school and he plays teams out of state and goes against division 1 talent. He played better competition than Perry and Williams did
Big facts... Check the 247 2022 ranks let me know if you see anyone 😅😅

Advertisement
He's a way better runner then Perry or Kosi. His problem was his competition was suspect - Connecticut level competition.

Super incorrect. And I never said he wasn’t going to be good. It’s funny, if you have even a hint of apprehension about a kid that’s at Miami or even considering Miami, you’re an ******* and clueless. Yet we’ve won 10 games once in the past 15 years. So maybe not every kid is an all-American?

Anyway, I’m not going to try to project TVD at the next level. People who make a ton of money to project QBs can’t get it right. But he’s not an elite athlete. These are facts. He can still be a great QB. But he’s not a great athletic specimen.

Big facts... Check the 247 2022 ranks let me know if you see anyone 😅😅
Here is all the talent in his league:

Kenny Mestidor 2020 UCLA
Diante Vines 2020 Iowa
Cam Large 2020 Wisconsin
Jake Bobo 2018 Duke
Noah Gray 2017 Duke
Jake Byczko 2017 Umass
Nick Ragaini 2017 Iowa
Jeremy Lucien 2017 Uconn
Eric Rooks 2017 Hawaii
Winston Jules 2019 Uconn
Andre Carter - 2019 Army

Van Dyke isn’t quite the athlete many of you on this site are making him out to be. He’s mobile enough.....he’s not Brad Kaaya....but he’s really not Jarren Williams or Kosi Perry either.

If he pans out, it’s gonna be based off his arm strength (which is above average but not phenomenal). Not his ability to out-athlete P5 kids.
If he plays basketball, and assuming he starts or get regular playing time, then he’s more mobile than Williams. basketball demands mobility. No other way to play unless your 6’10” or bigger

Advertisement
Back