TVD

In this offense, we need a QB that can make quick decisions and get the ball out accurately and take advantage of deep shots when they are there. With King starting and Perry hopefully maturing TVD should have more than enough time to learn the offense and mature before he is needed.

Advertisement
Snap judgment- would you take a QB with these stats?

5.28 40
8' 3" broad jump
24.5" vertical
4.38 shuttle

Figure out who it is yet?

image-placeholder-title.jpg

It’s telling that the shuttle is Brady’s only good testing number.

How many good testing numbers did Kosar have? He had it between the ears and that is as importent as any testing number if not more so

How do you like what you see and we haven’t even started spring ball yet? Beyond that point he does have the things you want your qb to have in a terms of size, arm strength and work ethic it appears
Duy, come on engage the brain. What on earth do you think he is basing it on???? Stay together man!

Advertisement
Being able to out-athlete players is an overrated trait in QBs.

5.28 40
8' 3" broad jump
24.5" vertical
4.38 shuttle

I'd bet Tyler is a Pats fan and has been watching Brady for years as opposed to our other QB's have watched garbage pro QB's here in Fl :cool:

Super important and an interesting notion in many ways. If the starter after King is TVD (god willing), it's that much more important for the OL to be much improved. You could have a guy who basically never played college ball behind a shaky OL out there looking like Kyle Wright in 2005.

If the starter is Perry or Tate (please god no), you might have a little more leeway with the development of the OL given the greater experience/mobility.

Regardless, we're never going to get back to elite status without very significant improvement and consistent OL play, and from what I see we're probably three years away at best.
It's dangerous to make sense on this board.

Advertisement
We’ve had so many misses but I like what I see. Love his size and the fact that he’s a two sport star - an athlete.
Throws a nice ball rolling left and his deep throws are accurate.
With King on board he’ll have time to acclimate and wait for that O-line to appear.
Lol let this kid get through spring , we have been excited for the last 5 Quarterbacks we got , jack Allison , Kosi, Jarren, Martell etc let’s see what he really about ww he gets in the game.

Being able to out-athlete players is an overrated trait in QBs.

5.28 40
8' 3" broad jump
24.5" vertical
4.38 shuttle

Absolutely correct.

Athletic ability is way over-rated at the QB position.

Where we have struggled is:

1) Slow making reads & decisions
2) Holds on the ball too long
3) Goes downhill fast after 1-2 TOs in quick succession
4) Not a great leader or team player on or off the field
5) Lack of real preparation (like Dorsey used to do)
6) Poor attitude
7) Doesn't throw a great deep ball
8) Doesn't hate to lose/refuse to lose
9) Doesn't have the respect of all of his teammates

How many of the above have to do with athletic ability?

If TVD is intelligent, makes great reads, good decisions, prepares thoroughly for each & every game, is a leader on & off the field and competes like heck on every down (and doesn't accept losing), he'll already have a major leg up on all of the other QBs (other than King) in all of those areas. He only lacks experience at this level. We've been missing a grinder, leader and gritty competitor at QB (until King's arrival). I think TVD will be in the same mold & will really benefit from watching King lead the team & prepare for games. I think this is far more important to the QB room at Miami than adding pure athleticism. It can be a major part of the culture shift.

I'd bet Tyler is a Pats fan and has been watching Brady for years as opposed to our other QB's have watched garbage pro QB's here in Fl :cool:
If you knew the kid at all, you would know how ridiculous this is. He is Fly Eagles Fly through and through.

Look, this kid is special. For those bashing the talent he played against, you should know it is one of the premier leagues in the North East. It is a league where every team recruits players and bring them in to play. There are PG's on every team to fill holes. I have watched almost every game he has played in HS. He has developed from raw talent into a smart QB with a gun. Does he have break away speed? No. Can he get 15 yards when he needs it? Time and time again, the answer is yes. He jumped from a below average high school league to the prep schools and grew without an issue. He will do so here. Also, look at what is happening now. 6 months with the S&C program and he will be a beast. King coming is great for him as it will let him learn and develop relationships to become the leader.

Advertisement
The best QB’s have a feel for the game and see things differently when things develop on the field (Break down). It’s a trait that really can only be coached up to a certain point. Thus, the numerous bust from one level to the next.

Advertisement
Back