TVD UVA Post Game Presser

Advertisement
I feel bad for TVD after watching that press conference. The young man either does not know that zone defenses befuddle him, or he knows it and wants to be better but does not know how. He is now left with talking points; check the ball, be better prepared, even run the ball. But those are things he may as well be reading on a message board.
I am certainly hoping he finds something but I feel he is lost and searching.

Advertisement
Love TVD and I am not one of these morons wanting to play Emory ( sure let's play the guy who basically assures we dont win again except against BC LMAO) but he is injured. We have seen TVD when he is not and he is a top 10 QB when he is he takes so long to get out the balland forces things. Its simple. Sit him all week and if he is still injured play Emory against NC St we MIGHT win with him there but we MUST have TVD to beat FSU with Emory they beat us by 30.

Part of the reason why I believe his struggles are not just bad decision-making, but partially due to physical limitations.
One would think if it was physical, it would show up in practice. It's easy to pull a wr aside and ask if his passes have the same velocity.

And if the zip is not there, the coaches have to decide if a TVD at, lets say, 80% is better than EW .

From what I've seen, I rather roll with a 100% EW.

And if its mental and TVD can't read a zone defense at this stage, it's time to move on.

I can't bash the kid for being out there injured, but you can blame the **** coaches. TVD just needs to take what the defense allows. WRs need to cut routes and sit in the zone pockets. Speed up the **** Ford tempo. Give him and the O a chance to succeed.

Well if he checked the ball down more vs UVA, we win that game going away. He mentioned "checkdown" at least 10 times for a reason. Dawson likely hammered him about the INTs because UVA was dropping 7 into deeper zones leaving the flats WIDE OPEN for 5+ yards. You keep throwing that until they stop dropping 7 into deep zones.

Advertisement
Well if he checked the ball down more vs UVA, we win that game going away. He mentioned "checkdown" at least 10 times for a reason. Dawson likely hammered him about the INTs because UVA was dropping 7 into deeper zones leaving the flats WIDE OPEN for 5+ yards. You keep throwing that until they stop dropping 7 into deep zones.
Even in the condensed TV real time view, wide open receivers can be seen. When the all 22 replay is shown, it’s even more obvious.

One that sticks out to me is the throw to Jacolby near the end zone that he broke up or was a pick. The all 22 shot shows WR’s on both sides in the flats wide open and no one within 10 yards of either one.

Guys are running open
Nowhere near as much as some people think. Teams are dropping 7 majority of the plays. We normally send out three wr’s, an Ol occasionally in McCormick and backs in the flats. 7 on 3-4 isn’t good odds. No creativity from the rb or te’s. No choice routes by the rb’s / te’s and no pressure on the seams. The O is very predictable.

Nowhere near as much as some people think. Teams are dropping 7 majority of the plays. We normally send out three wr’s, an Ol occasionally in McCormick and backs in the flats. 7 on 3-4 isn’t good odds. No creativity from the rb or te’s.
I don't have the expertise in Air Raid route trees to say, but do we simply not sit our guys down in zones? I know there's the "choice" concept and option routes, but I feel like our guys are running directly into zone defenders.

I don't have the expertise in Air Raid route trees to say, but do we simply not sit our guys down in zones? I know there's the "choice" concept and option routes, but I feel like our guys are running directly into zone defenders.
Because they are.

X runs choice routes. I wouldn’t want too many of the other guys having that responsibility, some guys can’t run the normal routes like they’re supposed to and have caused a few int’s themselves.

There’s no creativity the last few weeks, it’s literally drop backs with very little motion , movement or it’s run. There’s the occasional orbit motion to BS but he goes to the flats.

We go max protect even though teams aren’t even blitzing us lol. Sending out three wr’s into 7 men dropping. Nobody respects the te’s or rb’s because it’s the same ole sane ole.

When we keep our te’s or rb’s in to block lb’s automatically come because they know there’s zero chance we run a delay behind the Lb coming. Which is a HS level adjustment when you’re showing max protection on film. Btw when’s the last time we’ve ran an actual route to a rb? Like an angle route ? A choice route in man allowing the rb to run the route dictated by coverage? Have we seen any wheel routes to a te or rb? Lashlee used them every game and had rb’s / te’s running open.

It’s X, JG, and Colby going out majority of the plays with nothing from the backs and te’s. On top of that the formations are getting more and more congested. Just like last year.

Tvd hasn’t played well against GT and UVA but the offense and route concepts have left a lot to be desired. Opposing coaches have obviously found something in the film and we need to adjust.

Advertisement
Because they are.

X runs choice routes. I wouldn’t want too many of the other guys having that responsibility, some guys can’t run the normal routes like they’re supposed to and have caused a few int’s themselves.

There’s no creativity the last few weeks, it’s literally drop backs with very little motion , movement or it’s run. There’s the occasional orbit motion to BS but he goes to the flats.

We go max protect even though teams aren’t even blitzing us lol. Sending out three wr’s into 7 men dropping. Nobody respects the te’s or rb’s because it’s the same ole sane ole.

When we keep our te’s or rb’s in to block lb’s automatically come because they know there’s zero chance we run a delay behind the Lb coming. Which is a HS level adjustment when you’re showing max protection on film. Btw when’s the last time we’ve ran an actual route to a rb? Like an angle route ? A choice route in man allowing the rb to run the route dictated by coverage? Have we seen any wheel routes to a te or rb? Lashlee used them every game and had rb’s / te’s running open.

It’s X, JG, and Colby going out majority of the plays with nothing from the backs and te’s. On top of that the formations are getting more and more congested. Just like last year.

Tvd hasn’t played well against GT and UVA but the offense and route concepts have left a lot to be desired. Opposing coaches have obviously found something in the film and we need to adjust.
Any insight as to why Dawson has gone into a shell? Trying to protect TVD?

Because they are.

Would you credit the coaching philosophy change due to Mario being Mario or just an abundance of caution due to a TF making his first start and a banged up TVD?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back