TVD UVA Post Game Presser

Advertisement
20231028_191041.gif

I appreciate the media asking tough questions and I appreciate TVD taking them. He took responsibility. I honestly think he'll be fine. He can be a great QB and he's just in a little rough patch right now.

Contrast that with Mario. He "carefully" indirectly takes responsibility. The reporters are too scared to ask a man who's 50 tough questions. Tiptoeing around things.

He's a competitive kid. He's not "soft".

He's not in the same shape he was back at the beginning of September. But he NEVER talks about injuries unless asked directly - even then he never uses it as an excuse.

There's more that Dawson can do to put both TVD and the team in a position to succeed.

Advertisement
He's a competitive kid. He's not "soft".

He's not in the same shape he was back at the beginning of September. But he NEVER talks about injuries unless asked directly - even then he never uses it as an excuse.

There's more that Dawson can do to put both TVD and the team in a position to succeed.
He made no excuses and didn’t point fingers at others. I can’t recall him ever doing that. He simply said he’s gotta make better decisions.

great admission on his part, but the problems he by his own admission experienced v UVA (forcing the ball, not taking the checkdowns, etc.) have been the exact same issues the last 3-4 games. you cannot be an elite QB and continue committing the same mistakes repeatedly.

i said this in an earlier thread that i started, there is an irreparable disconnect between him and the team.

Advertisement
He makes it sound like his issues simply have to do with him forcing the ball and not taking what the defense is giving you. That’s certainly a significant part of his struggles; however, to my untrained eye there’s a physical issue impacting his play. Perhaps his injured finger prevents him from gripping the ball and throwing with velocity. Maybe his “little something” knee injury makes it hard to plant his foot. Maybe he can’t rotate with velocity.

Not sure exactly what’s going on but there is definitely a physical limitation at play.

great admission on his part, but the problems he by his own admission experienced v UVA (forcing the ball, not taking the checkdowns, etc.) have been the exact same issues the last 3-4 games. you cannot be an elite QB and continue committing the same mistakes repeatedly.

i said this in an earlier thread that i started, there is an irreparable disconnect between him and the team.
Quite frankly, he’s admitted the same issues a couple of times this season. Additionally, he participates in post game interviews every time he plays. I’ve watched **** near every post practice and post game player interview the last several years since TVD has been the starter and when asked about TVD, not once have I seen another player hesitate to praise TVD. Obviously, they’re not going to bash him publicly but from my perspective, they all seem to believe in him.

Other players also mention that he’s not a “rah rah” guy but leads in his own quiet way and has become more vocal as he’s gotten older. Don”t get me wrong. I too believe something’s off but I’m not convinced he’s “ Lost the team” - yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back