TVD transferring from whisky?

If he waited for the portal to close before flirting with Bama, he wouldn’t have been able to go there. The portal opens and closes for everyone.
Yeah, now I’m second guessing my recollection of the details. I just recall that it was super late in the process, Garcia had transferred, UM was all in supporting Tyler, and he played games for more coin. It was a BS move, and what goes around comes around.

Advertisement
I won’t get too much into it but the Bama incident alone is enough to say **** this kid. Plus, he took his subtle shots at our staff, recently. I am not surprised this kid isn’t earning the top spot at Wisconsin. Who is he going to blame now?
I blame racism.

We know.

You know.

It's purely social agenda-driven criteria to get xx1 slot on the field.

Mario held TVD back because he's from CT and now Fickell is pulling the same ****.

Nothing to do with he can't read defenses and throws to the defensive backs as much as he throws to the wide recievers. Mario didn't develop him and neither is Fickell.

Oh wait, wrong thread...my bad...

#IJustMakeObservations

He waited until the portal closed, staff had no options, then pulled his Bama flirtation BS. QB is a leadership position, face of the program, those “hold a gun to your head” negotiation tactics are not okay for QB1. Mario’s didn’t recruit a backup, huge mistake, that’s on him, and we paid the price last season. Wisconsin is figuring out TVD is an over-rated I-guy now, not a QB1, but they are smart enough to have alternatives. Reality is settling in.

Many issues with TVD but the Bama stuff didn't bother me. He did not hold a gun to UMs head, UM put the gun to its own head by ****ty QB recruiting and bad QB evals. He had leverage because UM had no plan B and he used it. He's under no obligation to do UM a favor. He had almost 2 seasons of film, it wasn't a secret that he is a one read QB that wasn't a very good leader. UM should have brought in a capable backup like it did this year with Poff. If TVD had gone down in game one, season was basically over. That is terrible roster management. Proper response when TVD flirted with Bama would have been to say, "Good luck to you" and laughed at Saban for getting the wool pulled over his eyes. The irony is that Emory was actually a capable backup. The Clemson game showed that he could manage a game well. All he had to do was take care of the ball, let the D do it's thing and make a pass on occasion. TVD was a turnover machine. I think if Emory had played the whole season, we end up with 9 wins, possibly 10 if Emory goes into the FSU game with more experience.

Miami Ohio - W
TAMU - L
BCU - W
Temple - W
GT - W
UNC - L
Clemson - W
UVA - W
NC St -W
FSU - L
UL - L
BC - W
Rutgers - W

Bottom line is TVDs shortcomings were not a surprise to anyone who watched him in 2022, and UM likely wins more games with our backup, who was better at taking care of the ball and leadership. For whatever reason, Cristobal/Dawson didn't see it and allowed themselves to be put in a position where TVD could maximize his leverage.

He's not a NFL QB and he probably knew that, so he only had one chance to get enough NIL to have a nice nest egg. I've got no problem with any player holding out for more money or strong arming the coaching staff. It's just business. If Cristobal had done his job well, TVD isn't in a position to negotiate.

Advertisement
I will choose free will!

Last year's team had subdivisions. No grace under pressure. They couldn't hold their fire. We saw the signals. Felt like we were going to lose every game 21-12. I really thought TVD would be able to roll the bones, but then presto, we were exiting stage left.

I won’t get too much into it but the Bama incident alone is enough to say **** this kid. Plus, he took his subtle shots at our staff, recently. I am not surprised this kid isn’t earning the top spot at Wisconsin. Who is he going to blame now?
I mean, I’m not really here to defend him, but if taking shots at the staff was an automatic you’re out this website would close

Advertisement
Bruh… You’ve got to update your pronouns for the “woke” crowd on here. You don’t want @305to954 to get his pantie$ in a wad.

Gender neutral pronouns are pronouns that don't follow the gender binary. Some common examples include:
  • They/them/theirs: A common gender-neutral pronoun that can be used in the singular
  • Ze/hir/hirs: Pronounced like "zee", this replaces she/he/they
  • Per/per/pers: A shortened version of "person"
  • It/it/its:
That list is AIDS

run away go go go GIF

Advertisement
Bruh… You’ve got to update your pronouns for the “woke” crowd on here. You don’t want @305to954 to get his pantie$ in a wad.

Gender neutral pronouns are pronouns that don't follow the gender binary. Some common examples include:
  • They/them/theirs: A common gender-neutral pronoun that can be used in the singular
  • Ze/hir/hirs: Pronounced like "zee", this replaces she/he/they
  • Per/per/pers: A shortened version of "person"
  • It/it/its:
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Weird take. No relation to this thread. I charge for rent BAN

Advertisement
Yeah, now I’m second guessing my recollection of the details. I just recall that it was super late in the process, Garcia had transferred, UM was all in supporting Tyler, and he played games for more coin. It was a BS move, and what goes around comes around.
I'm sorry, it's not a BS move. It's business move that his agent did on his behalf and was likey his idea to shop around. I think his agent is/was Drew Rosen. So, it's just a free agency move when you have the leverage.

Nobody calls the coach a BS move when he cuts bait with players. It's just the nature of the business. It's an NFL model with no limits because every player is a free agent able to move. The player has the leverage. Especially, if he is good or perceived to be good. Classic supply vs demand.

If TVD killed it last year leading UM to its first ever ACC title, then the narrative would be completely different. Everyone would be so happy beating their chest that UM fended off Bama to keep their guy.

The same thing could happen to Ward, but we all know it won't because his play and leadership are proven. TVD road his own coat tail on his rsh sophomore performance under Lashley. He didn't adapt well under Gaddis then got injured. Everyone blamed Gaddis as the problem and TVD got a pass. Under Dawson, he looked good early, but once the defense figured him out, he was cooked. I also believe the injuries to his leg and finger played a huge roll as he couldn't execute the throws he wanted to make and didn't adapt. He looked much better against Louisville and BC. I believe his early season injuries had to play a role in his bad performances.

The real blame is on the coaching staff for not creating competition at the position. They corrected themselves this year and are poised to have a solid QB room moving forward. The more winning we do, the better QBs we'll attract. Cam Ward is going to pay dividends in recruiting. When he lights it up this year, Dawson can point to how elite QBs can excel in his offense. It will help with WR recruiting as well which has already improved.

Advertisement
Back