TVD transferring from whisky?

Advertisement
Other than the kneeling the **** ball game vs GT it is obvious why Miami wasn’t very good last year with TVD playing QB. He is a one read QB who had plenty of time to pass the ball with our OL and he was greedy too often. TVD loved to throw into double and triple coverage. He was greedy impatient and often chose to throw into coverage vs settling for second and third options which would have kept drives going. Zero leadership skills on top of it all! Now a second staff has pointed out his lack of leadership.

No sympathy from me after the bs he pulled last year.
Agreed. Admittedly, I don't know the full story but reportedly last year, he holds us hostage with a potential transfer to Bama. We convince him to stay, then he comes back here and plays lackluster with poor leadership and seeming lack of effort. He was given every opportunity and benefit of the doubt here. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I can understand why fans don't love him.

Advertisement
Other than the kneeling the **** ball game vs GT it is obvious why Miami wasn’t very good last year with TVD playing QB. He is a one read QB who had plenty of time to pass the ball with our OL and he was greedy too often. TVD loved to throw into double and triple coverage. He was greedy impatient and often chose to throw into coverage vs settling for second and third options which would have kept drives going. Zero leadership skills on top of it all! Now a second staff has pointed out his lack of leadership.
TVD was not greedy. Being locked into one read and throwing regardless of coverage is not greedy. You have to be winning to be considered greedy.

Advertisement
Seriously you guys need to find something else to talk about. He’s gone….now move on.

The continued obsession and negativity over TVD is an interesting phenomena.

Some people want to see TVD fail elsewhere because they blame him for last season's failures.
Some people want to see TVD fail elsewhere because they believe it will support their opinion he was never that good and/or didn't put the work in to be great.
Some people want to see TVD fail because they believe his failure elsewhere somehow reflects well on UM, Mario, and Dawson.

I just don't get it. He’s not here anymore, and we have Cam Ward at QB. Maybe focus on the present QB situation, and what that could mean for the future?

Agreed. Admittedly, I don't know the full story but reportedly last year, he holds us hostage with a potential transfer to Bama. We convince him to stay, then he comes back here and plays lackluster with poor leadership and seeming lack of effort. He was given every opportunity and benefit of the doubt here. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I can understand why fans don't love him.
I won’t get too much into it but the Bama incident alone is enough to say **** this kid. Plus, he took his subtle shots at our staff, recently. I am not surprised this kid isn’t earning the top spot at Wisconsin. Who is he going to blame now?

Advertisement
I won’t get too much into it but the Bama incident alone is enough to say **** this kid. Plus, he took his subtle shots at our staff, recently. I am not surprised this kid isn’t earning the top spot at Wisconsin. Who is he going to blame now?
X, for not riding with him to Whisky.

Advertisement
lol. I remember when some posters were saying "please bring him back"
I remember when some porsters said Miami "beat out" Bama by getting him to "stay".

Same thing when Golden "stayed" instead of "leaving for" Pedo St.

WJjLyXCVvro2I.gif

He waited until the portal closed, staff had no options, then pulled his Bama flirtation BS. QB is a leadership position, face of the program, those “hold a gun to your head” negotiation tactics are not okay for QB1. Mario’s didn’t recruit a backup, huge mistake, that’s on him, and we paid the price last season. Wisconsin is figuring out TVD is an over-rated I-guy now, not a QB1, but they are smart enough to have alternatives. Reality is settling in.

He waited until the portal closed, staff had no options, then pulled his Bama flirtation BS. QB is a leadership position, face of the program, those “hold a gun to your head” negotiation tactics are not okay for QB1. Mario’s didn’t recruit a backup, huge mistake, that’s on him, and we paid the price last season. Wisconsin is figuring out TVD is an over-rated I-guy now, not a QB1, but they are smart enough to have alternatives. Reality is settling in.
If he waited for the portal to close before flirting with Bama, he wouldn’t have been able to go there. The portal opens and closes for everyone.

Advertisement
Back