TVD starting?

So what happens if Miami goes down 21-0 early? You'd still play him for the rest of the half?
Depends on how the 21 points were scored.
Also, let TVD dig himself out of the hole.
If he can't, End of QB controversy..

Advertisement
If I'm Gattis, I'm giving him screen passes or some of those designed roll-outs with the TE as an easy option. And if we have some RB screens in our playbook, it'd be nice to finally see them. Some completions might give TVD some confidence and see if he can ride it. But we need to score Saturday. UNC can score. We can't win this game scoring in the 20s IMO.

Depends on how the 21 points were scored.
Also, let TVD dig himself out of the hole.
If he can't, End of QB controversy..
Basically if you can't score against this UNC defense the first few drives of the game then TVD and Gattis need to be on the first bus out of Coral Gables.

After 6 quarters of offensive anemia--you know that Garcia to Mallory lob felt pretty damned good. I know the saying, put hope in one hand and **** in the other and see what fills up faster. I hope TVD finds his nuts again. He balled when he balled--this latest collapse is all mental.

If you Start Garcia you cant go back to TVD. So the move makes sense for 1-2 more games. Because if Garcia goes in and looks like TVD you cant go back. So when you move on you have to move on 100%. If Garcia bombs you just suck it up the rest of the way or put Brown in and really brace for who knows what.

A lot to monitor the next few weeks. Esp since this fan base is so locked in on this with the other issues still there.
I agree, it’s the right call start TVD right now.
However, I’m still don’t see TVD bouncing back, I have no idea what is going on with him, it appears to be some kinda of mental block and/or confidence issue. As accurate as he was last year, he can’t make simple throw consistently anymore. He mechanics looks terrible. I’m just not sure how you can fix that in a bye week. But we need to give him a chance, he has shown he has the tools and it’s not like Jake hasn’t had his own issues when given the chance to play.

Advertisement
Those four big passing games (we went 3-1, and barely beat GT) last year were all against relatively weak opponents. He still has never played well against a real quality team.
And let's not forget, he lost to fsu

I kinda dislike TVD for the simple fact he couldn't do something that Rosier, Williams, Perry and King did........ and that was beat the seminholes.

He messed up our streak of beating them 5x in a row with a different QB each time.

Im not making excuses for everyone because everything has issues right now and its Mario's job to figure out what can be changed to make everything better.

But with TVD just to think a bit outside of the norm just imagine coming off what he did he did last year, the hype all off season for him, for the program, the NFL, the Heisman. The NIL deals. Then we blow the doors off and FCS school, and then play an ok game vs Southern Miss, where some people started asking what was off. Then A&M the wheels started to come off...then MTSU 2 passes in it was pure chaos. I get they are being paid now and if he is NFL worthy he needs to step up but he is still a young man. Its a lot to throw at a 20-21 yr old who has never dealt with it. 5 weeks ago everyone wanted a piece of him and now a ton of people want to run him off.

my only red flag was regarding not having his WR's numbers. I mean we hear how smart he is in the film room and how all off season he was taking charge at workouts. I'm shocked he wasnt trying to get WR's to come workout everyday all day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
HOT TAKE:

Sagapolu starts over Oluwaseun at RG this week
This should be the first personnel change they make. Sick of seeing him get his lunch taken every other play against G5 DLs.
Next is to sit Mallory, he CAN’T block and is going to give you 30 yards a game in holding penalties.
Then is to sit Ivey, or stop having Ivey play man one on one. He CAN’T do it and we have huge sample size that shows he can’t do it. Just stop it already.
Reduce Redding’s snaps. He’s just not very good and can’t be counted on to make the catch.

If he didn't play like complete **** for half of that game, would we be in that situation?
You aren’t allowed to say that here. First half’s don’t matter.

Last year I compared TVD to a starting pitcher who gives up 5 in the 1st and then faces the minimum the next 6 innings.

Advertisement
TVD has been in a funk. If the coaches do their job coaching him, both, psychologically and technically, he can be the difference this weekend. He’s been there with this opponent, knows who they are. Our staff hasn’t.

Advertisement
Back