TVD starting?

They do need to be careful tho.

Those player interviews right after the game about TVD, and just the way the team responded to Garcia, it would seem the team just likes him better and think he should be the starter.

If he starts struggling and doesn’t get pulled.. this team will give up.

Advertisement
They do need to be careful tho.

Those player interviews right after the game about TVD, and just the way the team responded to Garcia, it would seem the team just likes him better and think he should be the starter.

If he starts struggling and doesn’t get pulled.. this team will give up.
Garcia looks like the far more natural reader. Guys respond to that. TVD has one opportunity left to keep his spot on this team. Hope that he responds well.

Advertisement
If only Garcia didn't come in and immediately start making throws downfield would I feel OK with this decision. The fact that TVD's first reads are 2 yard slant routes on 3rd and 8 makes me dreading having to see him again.

Ain't no bye week gonna solve what we've seen from him this year.

Garcia looks like the far more natural reader. Guys respond to that. TVD has one opportunity left to keep his spot on this team. Hope that he responds well.
Sounds like they are going to tailor the offense more to what he likes.

UNC has one of the worse secondary in all of football.. if he can’t get it done against them.. it’s on him.. and time to move on.

“You are very honest about the fact that Tyler played great football here for a long time and you don’t turn on your quarterback because you had a bad day for your program,” “You work to solve things, go with that. At the same time you recognize and acknowledge that Jake did a great job and has a super bright future at Miami.”

"Tyler has done a really good job making sure he does everything possible to get better and improve, and we’ve done a better job communicating, making sure we can do things that fit our personnel at the current time.”

“There’s no controversy to be starter, a narrative to create – the message is honesty. The message has always been real. We are here for real purposes and we have to go forward with real.”

“Competitors, what do they do, they’re resilient,” “He’s shown that and he’s ready to attack every opportunity that he has. You improve and move forward or you unravel and fall apart. That’s something we won’t allow in the program. Tyler has done a really good job making sure he does everything possible to get better and improve, and we’ve done a better job communicating, making sure we can do things that fit our personnel at the current time.”
This is a fair statement from Mario. It may be coach speak but there’s truth to fact TVD has played good to even great football as the QB here. The problem with throwing Garcia out there is if he struggles TVD would be practically useless at that point. It’s not going to be a popular opinion but keeping TVD in at QB for the time being is the right move.

Advertisement
It’s been bad everything play, it’s just easy to throw all of the mess on one guys back. He’s the new scape goat, the wr‘s being awful is so two weeks ago.

who let the WRs out of the doghouse? From what I can see on my TV screen, they should make themselves at home, gonna be there all season.

The WR problem is not talent, it's they don't have that dog in them. Not only don't they run good routes and catch the ball, they are very poor blockers. Who owns all of this? Gattis and Ponce. If they are going to put TVD on the bench, it's a horrible look. They need to figure this the F out, and if any team needed a bye, it's this one.

Advertisement
Where the F is the smash concept Van Dyke hit for big plays / TD's last year?
How do you come in as a staff, with 15 analysts / QC's / etc they brought in, and not pull up what plays worked in a cut-up and have your Q talk you through them?
"Nah we don't run that concept in this offense"

Said it after MTSU. Jake didn't do enough to take the job. He was ok but he still didn't look like he was ready to be the starter. Just because you guys are done with TVD doesn't mean the staff is. If Jake starts and struggles you guys will turn against him too. It's not the QBs, it's Gattis. Isn't it weird our OC isn't a QB guru? That's not the norm.
We need to hire a servicable QB coach.
Wonder if Ken Dorsey is available..

Advertisement
If only Garcia didn't come in and immediately start making throws downfield would I feel OK with this decision. The fact that TVD's first reads are 2 yard slant routes on 3rd and 8 makes me dreading having to see him again.

Ain't no bye week gonna solve what we've seen from him this year.
TVD’s biggest right now is confidence. Not sure if his plays is the yips or seeing ghosts or what. But something mentally is way off and it’s impacting every aspect of his game. For all the issues the offense has had, TVD hit a decent rhythm in the second half against TAMU. The offense was operating with easy throws close to the LOS. Again the offense didn’t produce the points needed but they moved the ball. I’d return to that and build his confidence before they start chucking the ball 15+ yards down field.

Advertisement
Back