TVD or Dawson

My thing is...

Unless you have an elite TE, why the **** is he on the field all game instead of kids like RayRay, Brashard and CJ when those are the players who give you an advantage.

You're doing DC's a favor by having all that speed on the bench in favor of multiple TE's.
Mario

Advertisement
Data point? The proof is in the pudding.

Mario’s offenses (notwithstanding Herbert) have always been mediocre to bad.
Wasn’t defending the offense as a whole. You were talking specifically about Brown. Don’t act like you don’t know that.

Something ain't right, and I'm worried that it's micromanaging from Mario. This isn't the Dawson offense I've seen in the past.

I understand TVD is booty right now but there hasn't been any effort to mitigate his issues. Most of the routes are vertical and outside the hashes. (harder throws) The RB check-downs are all on the outside where (1) they're harder to execute and (2) they don't influence middle-field defenders.

(and this is where I think it's Mario...)

There's a clear obsession with having TE's on the field, sometimes multiple. It's annoying at this point. Our TE's are mediocre pass catchers. They're only in there to block basically. Meanwhile you have athletes like Brashard and Ray-Ray sitting on the bench. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!! Fvck that tough guy "identity" bullsh!t.

Going with 10 personnel not only gives this particular offense the best chance to score, but it'll empty the box and actually allow us to run the ball better.
We're not making any effort to get our best athletes in space.

Gonna be hard to recruit elite WR's with this ****.

I don't think this is on Dawson though.
Ding, dind, ding…. We have a winner! No more telephone calls please! Something is amiss here. We’ve somehow managed to become the 2023 New England Patriots. How did we get here? I’m in agreement with you. After this season we will have our answers. If Dawson is still here, then the issue was with TVD, so he scaled the offense back cause he was struggling. If Dawson leaves it’s because Mario and his “fizical bro” mentality was micromanaging the offense. Nobody wants to be micromanaged. “Let me do the job I was hired to do. If I can’t succeed, then fire me. But don’t be looking over my shoulders telling me what I need to do”

Advertisement
Who tf was most responsible for that offensive abortion that we witnessed tonight? That display was fuccin awful!. What say you? TVD has been straight *** for the last few weeks.

Both. TVD can’t be trusted, & Dawson does trust him anymore. So the offense has just completely grind to a halt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Something ain't right, and I'm worried that it's micromanaging from Mario. This isn't the Dawson offense I've seen in the past.

I understand TVD is booty right now but there hasn't been any effort to mitigate his issues. Most of the routes are vertical and outside the hashes. (harder throws) The RB check-downs are all on the outside where (1) they're harder to execute and (2) they don't influence middle-field defenders.

(and this is where I think it's Mario...)

There's a clear obsession with having TE's on the field, sometimes multiple. It's annoying at this point. Our TE's are mediocre pass catchers. They're only in there to block basically. Meanwhile you have athletes like Brashard and Ray-Ray sitting on the bench. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!! Fvck that tough guy "identity" bullsh!t.

Going with 10 personnel not only gives this particular offense the best chance to score, but it'll empty the box and actually allow us to run the ball better.
We're not making any effort to get our best athletes in space.

Gonna be hard to recruit elite WR's with this ****.

I don't think this is on Dawson though.
It's so weird against Clemson we put BSmith at RB, finding a way to get him on the field with X. Haven't seen that sense. I don't get it. Different QB but how that change how we use one of our best players with the ball in his hands?

Then this past game we basically use X (our leading receiver) as a blocking TE 75% of the game. What in the actual ****?

show the clip at the mesh point if you want to have a real discussion
1699308854180.png

Safety is coming down

Who tf was most responsible for that offensive abortion that we witnessed tonight? That display was fuccin awful!. What say you? TVD has been straight *** for the last few weeks.
It’s TVD man. I’m not saying Dawson is some world beater but we saw what the offense can look like when the QB play is good

Advertisement
Ding, dind, ding…. We have a winner! No more telephone calls please! Something is amiss here. We’ve somehow managed to become the 2023 New England Patriots. How did we get here? I’m in agreement with you. After this season we will have our answers. If Dawson is still here, then the issue was with TVD, so he scaled the offense back cause he was struggling. If Dawson leaves it’s because Mario and his “fizical bro” mentality was micromanaging the offense. Nobody wants to be micromanaged. “Let me do the job I was hired to do. If I can’t succeed, then fire me. But don’t be looking over my shoulders telling me what I need to do”
We’ll see but I dont think Dawson will look at his options that way.

He joked about what is being said about him on social media today.

Personally, I think TVD is a bit frustrated with the offense too.

it would have been a bang/bang throw since we didn't account for the defender on play side edge, but even so ......

4 has to be shallow towards the corner (think "hook to curl") immediately. he's out of position and doesn't react until the safety is filling past him ... (your first screen shot).

once 4 he sees he has absolute leverage he needs to slide towards the corner and show TVD he's read the defense correctly. (make eye contact with the QB!)

he can't move too far west because the edge player will be in a position to affect the throwing lane.

this disaster combined a suboptimal call with suboptimal execution.

Advertisement
Back