TVD or Dawson

Advertisement
They all deserve blame but the way we play offense is 100% Mario. TVD sucks but he seemed to thrive in an up-tempo spread offense. Now our pace is slower than molasses and we have 6 OL every play and more often than not in condensed formations. ******* thing sucks.

everyone GIF

Advertisement
What? No, no, no. That is way off. He was abominable at Oregon. That fanbase went after him hard, and Wario called out the fanbase for booing him after one particularly horrible loss.

We’ve seen the same with TVD here.

How much more evidence do you need before you admit that our HC is an all-time terrible game day corch, and a destroyer of QB’s?
Find one statistical shred of evidence Brown was worse at Oregon. He had his best year in 2021.

I get trying to find ways to hate but I’m tired of Oregon fans throwing **** at the wall to the point that it’s become canon with everyone. They say Herbert regressed, but can’t show you where or how. They say Mario killed Brown, he just wasn’t that ******* good but still had his best season there.

I think it’s primarily Van Dyke. He’s cost us a ton of points with bad throws in scoring position this year. It seemed pretty clear that our offense was far more conservative in the 2nd half compared to the beginning of the year because TVD keeps taking sacks and turning it over.
Has he successfully completed a pass longer than 15 yards during this stretch?

Find one statistical shred of evidence Brown was worse at Oregon. He had his best year in 2021.

I get trying to find ways to hate but I’m tired of Oregon fans throwing **** at the wall to the point that it’s become canon with everyone. They say Herbert regressed, but can’t show you where or how. They say Mario killed Brown, he just wasn’t that ******* good but still had his best season there.
It’s obvious that you’re going to die on this hill, no matter how much the evidence shows otherwise.

Advertisement
This was a walk in TD. Rivers, Cohen and Lee are walking those boys into the endzone. McCormick flat out whiffs on his block and gets beat across his face. 1 guy blew it
the kid was have still got to him. Problem is TVD cant play under center.

was is stirking to me is Dawson was more aggressive on the goaline against Clemson with Emory than he is with TVD. he just doesnt trust him.

Advertisement
Something ain't right, and I'm worried that it's micromanaging from Mario. This isn't the Dawson offense I've seen in the past.

I understand TVD is booty right now but there hasn't been any effort to mitigate his issues. Most of the routes are vertical and outside the hashes. (harder throws) The RB check-downs are all on the outside where (1) they're harder to execute and (2) they don't influence middle-field defenders.

(and this is where I think it's Mario...)

There's a clear obsession with having TE's on the field, sometimes multiple. It's annoying at this point. Our TE's are mediocre pass catchers. They're only in there to block basically. Meanwhile you have athletes like Brashard and Ray-Ray sitting on the bench. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!! Fvck that tough guy "identity" bullsh!t.

Going with 10 personnel not only gives this particular offense the best chance to score, but it'll empty the box and actually allow us to run the ball better.
We're not making any effort to get our best athletes in space.

Gonna be hard to recruit elite WR's with this ****.

I don't think this is on Dawson though.

Something ain't right, and I'm worried that it's micromanaging from Mario. This isn't the Dawson offense I've seen in the past.

I understand TVD is booty right now but there hasn't been any effort to mitigate his issues. Most of the routes are vertical and outside the hashes. (harder throws) The RB check-downs are all on the outside where (1) they're harder to execute and (2) they don't influence middle-field defenders.

(and this is where I think it's Mario...)

There's a clear obsession with having TE's on the field, sometimes multiple. It's annoying at this point. Our TE's are mediocre pass catchers. They're only in there to block basically. Meanwhile you have athletes like Brashard and Ray-Ray sitting on the bench. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!! Fvck that tough guy "identity" bullsh!t.

Going with 10 personnel not only gives this particular offense the best chance to score, but it'll empty the box and actually allow us to run the ball better.
We're not making any effort to get our best athletes in space.

Gonna be hard to recruit elite WR's with this ****.

I don't think this is on Dawson though.
you see the light. the offense is basically forced to open up it seems when were down multiple scores otherwise its tough guy mindset. idk if another OC makes a real difference if the mentality doesn't change up top

Ray Ray B smith CJ Jr all dont see time on the field when theyre our most explosive players on the roster. get creative and get them out there.

Advertisement
TVD is but Dawson sucks as well. I mean LOL watching NC state get Concepcion the balls is hind hands 10-15x and we get the ball to B Smith.1 time. Play calls are predictable (run up middle, WR tunnel screen, etc.), routes are the same, no creativity or trick plays, throwing to Cam at TE lol. Cmon
So I will say TVD! I think he forces Dawson to call vanilla pass plays because honestly he has shown 0 ability to throw the required passes consistently! He showed no vision last night. The RPO at the goal line should have been a pass to the wide open receiver in the end zone. I’m honestly surprised we are able to run the ball at all, no D in the ACC is even remotely worried about TVD, stacking the box has become the norm against us and will continue until someone, anyone, shows they can consistently throw a pass to a receiver.

you see the light. the offense is basically forced to open up it seems when were down multiple scores otherwise its tough guy mindset. idk if another OC makes a real difference if the mentality doesn't change up top

Ray Ray B smith CJ Jr all dont see time on the field when theyre our most explosive players on the roster. get creative and get them out there.
My thing is...

Unless you have an elite TE, why the **** is he on the field all game instead of kids like RayRay, Brashard and CJ when those are the players who give you an advantage.

You're doing DC's a favor by having all that speed on the bench in favor of multiple TE's.

My thing is...

Unless you have an elite TE, why the **** is he on the field all game instead of kids like RayRay, Brashard and CJ when those are the players who give you an advantage.

You're doing DC's a favor by having all that speed on the bench in favor of multiple TE's.
been asking that for weeks now. no one could find An answer other than he can't pass block well enough yet lol. we run max protect for no ******* reason tbh w this OL. were allergic to speed

Until I see an entire drive of a spread out offense without 2 TEs and Wrs bunched up, and see them play with pace and rpos, and creative run plays....

I'm going to blame the coaching staff more.

We went spread out for a few plays last game and the result was great. Same drive we reverted to the bull**** and didn't score.

Advertisement
Back