TVD news

I'm hearing Emory knows the playbook better than what was thrown his way Saturday. Sure it was nerve-wracking for him facing Clemson....but I have a feeling Dawson will open it up after Emory's performance Sat. His confidence has to be soaring as well.
That is all possible but far from a certainty. That game on Saturday was way harder than it needed to be and I for one dont think we need to tempt the tiger again. A few of those lucky bounces that haunted us vs UNC helped more than Emory's play.

Advertisement
You must have forgotten all the posts about how we need to go up tempo and pass heavy because TVD needs pace and a wide open downfield passing attack to be effective.

I actually think there’s some truth to both that and what you are saying… but they don’t/can’t coexist.
Everyone has their opinion, but i seen what TVD does when he has to throw the ball at will. He makes yards and turnovers. We cant win with turnovers especially 4 and 5 of them. Maybe a uptempo would suit him better in the passing. I dont like the pace of our game but i also want more runs. I feel like if we keep at it, eventually our OL starts wearing down teams.

It's Virginia....I'd start Emory and let TVD rest another week. I realize Virginia beat UNC, but no sense rushing TVD back...I think Emory will play very well.
You can essentially run the same ratio of plays this game and should come out with the win. Wild card being MC though, so it is a dicey proposition (kidding, sorta).

That is all possible but far from a certainty. That game on Saturday was way harder than it needed to be and I for one dont think we need to tempt the tiger again. A few of those lucky bounces that haunted us vs UNC helped more than Emory's play.
In my opinion I think they should've opened the playbook alittle more for Emory Sat. Nothing outlandish, but a few more downfield innovative plays. I for one cannot F-ing stand our TE play, or lack of. McCormick makes me want to pull my hair out.

Advertisement
I don’t know what it is about TVD but it’s like defenses figure out the play before it happens. TVD can’t sell water in the desert but yeah let’s keep giving this grown a ss man a pass because he is still young right? That’s that soft mentality that Miami fans have gotten used to due to losing. I recall one specific play that totally impressed me about Emory. He felt the pressure from the end and moved up in the pocket and avoided the sack. That was a veteran move by our freshman Qb! TVD takes a sack on that play. It’s crazy how stubborn some are, saying we win by 3 scores with TVD vs Clemson. Y’all go back and see the Texas A&M game and see how many plays the receivers made just off pure individual effort to save the game. Take your blinders off and but down the TVD Kool-Aid cup.
@cway313 knows am one of the biggest who was defending him since 2021. But u can only deny your eyes so long. He is not a terrible QB but u can lose your team games by playing the way he does. I dont think he is the guy to take us forward. Matter of fact we better get a portal QB, whether he comes back or not. I know plenty QBs who put up yardage but win nothing. He needs to have a controlled game plan , like a more expanded version of what they did with Emory.

Mario said on Joe, TVD should be good to go..

But I’m not sure why not give him an extra week. We’ve seen what happens when he doesn’t heal close to 100%

I’m in the boat we need to start show casing to WR recruits (mainly JS) what kind of QBs he may have throwing to him..
You believe that? He was limping on saturday. Until u see his blonde wig behind matt lee on saturday,dont put stock in Cristobal saying that

In my opinion I think they should've opened the playbook alittle more for Emory Sat. Nothing outlandish, but a few more downfield innovative plays. I for one cannot F-ing stand our TE play, or lack of. McCormick makes me want to pull my hair out.
They should have put him in the games earlier during the fluffy part of the season. I knew TVD would get hurt. Expecting anything from these coaches is wreckless. It took them 7 games to realize throwing to the 6'5 Wr in the redzone was good idea and playing your starting DL less than 50% of the game was stupid.

You believe that? He was limping on saturday. Until u see his blonde wig behind matt lee on saturday,dont put stock in Cristobal saying that

Exactly. Isn't it obvious by now that he's not going to give anyone an ounce of real information on anything injury related?

Advertisement
Everyone has their opinion, but i seen what TVD does when he has to throw the ball at will. He makes yards and turnovers. We cant win with turnovers especially 4 and 5 of them. Maybe a uptempo would suit him better in the passing. I dont like the pace of our game but i also want more runs. I feel like if we keep at it, eventually our OL starts wearing down teams.
Personally, I'd go Vice-versa.....I'd start Emory with TVD coming off the bench just in case. And if all goes well (which I think it will) it would not only mean a Healthy TVD vs FSU and Louisville, but much added experience for Emory.

Personally, I'd go Vice-versa.....I'd start Emory with TVD coming off the bench just in case. And if all goes well (which I think it will) it would not only mean a Healthy TVD vs FSU and Louisville, but much added experience for Emory.

Sneaky dog knows that if Emory gets a chance to run the full offense the coaches won’t be able to send him back to the bench in 2 games 🤣🤣🤣

Jk…. Maybe…

I know math is really tough for you, but 65 yards in a quarter is 260 yards for a game.

5/8 65yds 1td/0int is actually a great stat line for a single quarter - let alone fourth quarter down ten against a top 10 defense.
Bud, if your QB is completing only 5 passes for 65 yards in the fourth quarter you’re losing 90 percent of the time.

I’m going to pull up TVDs fourth quarter stats for you when I get home

he is 25 / 37 for 400 yards with four touchdowns and two picks. He’s played in 6 games but didn’t play in the fourth quarter really against BCU, Temple, and Miami Ohio.

On a three game average it’s 8.33 completions for 133.33 yards

On a four game average it’s 6.25 completions for 100 yards and half a pick.

On a five game average it’s 5 completions for 80 yards.

Williams did his job, but stop making him out to be something he’s not. He’s a game manager right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm hearing Emory knows the playbook better than what was thrown his way Saturday. Sure it was nerve-wracking for him facing Clemson....but I have a feeling Dawson will open it up after Emory's performance Sat. His confidence has to be soaring as well.
Sit TVD and build off the momentum with Emory.

Clemson did a great job confusing him and it showed. 2nd half the game slowed down for him with our running game clicking. Kid showed guts.

Advertisement
You think the Clemson game is evidence this team is better with Williams? Did you watch the same game I did?
I sure did! Start to finish🤣😂🤣😂

Attachments

• IMG_2409.jpeg
    IMG_2409.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back