TVD news

The bottom line is we need to run the ball more often...

Not running it for two straight series in the Clemson game is total BS!

Then you don't let him pass in the final drive.

Some serious bi polar play calling,.

Something was definitely off with the flow of the playcalling… I suspect either Dawson was being micromanaged or he felt he was under such close scrutiny that it threw him off.

Advertisement
Fair enough. Let me ask you something. Did you you even think that the team had a shot of winning vs Clemson’s top 5 defense without TVD??? If yes then cool but there was the majority of the TVD fan club talking about a for sure L. Now come the excuses of the defense playing lights out and everyone playing hard to get Emory a W practically saving him and not giving him his due credit. Sad and funny to see all these Canes fans so negative about a win because they feel TVD gives us the best chance to win SMDH. TVD was very healthy going into GTech and he made costly mistakes that eventually focked us! I remember last year’s Texas A&M game which I attended and tell me how those stats for TVD look compared to Emory vs Clemson. Enough said😤
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but it's not even comparable. It's like two kids riding bikes. One of them has training wheels on the back tire. People are saying the kid with training wheels rides his bike just as good as the kid without them. People are losing their mind because we won.

The stats of TVD and Emory are NOT comparable. 75% of Emory's passes were screen passes. Dawson was purposely limiting risk with Emory.

Emory did what was asked of him. If we put the cuffs on TVD limiting his throws and had him execute the same game plan, it would have been the same result. People would say he would have thrown multiple interceptions, etc. I disagree. Were they saying that before the GT game when he had 11 TDs and 1 INT? No.

I'm pragmatic and see it for what it is. We can win when our defense plays at a high level dominating the LoS, our offensive line dominates where we can run the ball 75% of the time for over 200 yards, and the QB makes a limited number throws without turning the ball over.

Emory has skills. I think he has a bright future, but he is not at a level you can hand him the keys and say, "Go win us the game." If we were down 17 instead of 10, the game might have had a completely different outcome. Emory would have had to throw the ball 75% of the time downfield into tight coverage which may have killed his confidence if he had thrown multiple interceptions in that situation.

Those upset with Mario for not being more aggressive at the end of the 4th quarter just don't get it. We don't know how much of a 2-minute drill Emory had practiced. Our game plan was to run the ball 75% of the time with a very conservative short passing game. Now, your asking a true freshman QB to drop back and pass 90% on a drive calling a bunch of plays and passing routes that he hasn't run and doesn't have the timing with his WRs. It's just a recipe to fail and Mario & Dawson were smart enough to know it even if our fans are not. They got a 1st down and then took way too much time getting off the next play. With 22 seconds left, there's no reason to risk a turnover when you have very little chance to get into FG range. You could argue that they should have at least ran a faster offense even if they were going to run the ball. That had risk as well. A quick 3 and out, then Clemson gets the ball back with a chance to win in regulation. It was better for Emory and the team to operate at the 25 in OT where we could continue to run the ball. We had the momentum and had shut down Clemson in the 4th Qtr. It was the smart thing to do.

The bottom line is that we won. We won with a very conservative game plan. Let's all be realistic about what we saw and the plays that were executed.

Last edited:
Something was definitely off with the flow of the playcalling… I suspect either Dawson was being micromanaged or he felt he was under such close scrutiny that it threw him off.
there's nothing to suspect, Dawson confirmed in the presser that Mario wanted to go into overtime and Mario said it was his call as well after the game and his presser today

Advertisement
Ready to go or not...I'm sure Dawson would give snaps with the ones as a precaution. They'll know by Wednesday if TVD will start. This isn't a gametime decision.
Personally, I tell TVD to suit up in case of an emergency.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but it's not even comparable. It's like two kids riding bikes. One of them has training wheels on the back tire. People are saying the kid with training wheels rides his bike just as good as the kid without them. People are losing their mind because we won.

The stats of TVD and Emory are NOT comparable. 75% of Emory's passes were screen passes. Dawson was purposely limiting risk with Emory.

Emory did what was asked of him. If we put the cuffs on TVD limiting his throws and had him execute the same game plan, it would have been the same result. People would say he would have thrown multiple interceptions, etc. I disagree. Were they saying that before the GT game when he had 11 TDs and 1 INT? No.

I'm pragmatic and see it for what it is. We can win when our defense plays at a high level dominating the LoS, our offensive line dominates where we can run the ball 75% of the time for over 200 yards, and the QB makes a limited number throws without turning the ball over.

Emory has skills. I think he has a bright future, but he is not at a level you can hand him the keys and say, "Go win us the game." If we were down 17 instead of 10, the game might have had a completely different outcome. Emory would have had to throw the ball 75% of the time downfield into tight coverage which may have killed his confidence if he had thrown multiple interceptions in that situation.

Those upset with Mario for not being more aggressive at the end of the 4th quarter just don't get it. We don't know how much of a 2-minute drill Emory had practiced. Our game plan was to run the ball 75% of the time with a very conservative short passing game. Now, your asking a true freshman QB to drop back and pass 90% on a drive calling a bunch of plays and passing routes that he hasn't run and doesn't have the timing with his WRs. It's just a recipe to fail and Mario & Dawson were smart enough to know it even if our fans are not. They got a 1st down and then took way too much time getting off the next play. With 22 seconds left, there's no reason to risk a turnover when you have very little chance to get into FG range. You could argue that they should have at least ran a faster offense even if they were going to run the ball. That had risk as well. A quick 3 and out, then Clemson gets the ball back with a chance to win in regulation. It was better for Emory and the team to operate at the 25 in OT where we could continue to run the ball. We had the momentum and had shut down Clemson in the 4th Qtr. It was the smart thing to do.

The bottom line is that we won. We won with a very conservative game plan. Let's all be realistic about what we saw and the plays that were executed.
Ok as a fan what was your take of last year’s Texas A&M game??? I ask because we controlled everything but the score board

Advertisement
This isn't rocket science! You'd think we just lost the game with all this second guessing the coaching decisions.

#1. Inside the Red Zone - it's more difficult throwing the ball as everything is tightening up. The Clemson QB was not that great throwing - so where do we want him? Inside the Red Zone.

#2. Inside the Red Zone - same thing - things are a bit tighter - and Clemson wasn't running against us - so where do we want their running game? Inside the Red Zone.

#3. Reverse. We WERE running against Clemson - and our coaches and our players KNEW their defense were worn down. Where do we want to be? Inside the Red Zone.

Coaches made the right decision. Our QB outside of the first quarter - didn't make any mistakes - so no use in putting more pressure on him to hurry up - and possibly make a mistake.

Decision was made. OT. And it paid off.

IF TVD isn't full ready to play - then we have to loosen the choker on our freshman QB - trot him out - and see how he runs. If he's throwing well - roll.

If he's NOT throwing well in coverage - we again start running while we adapt and put him in a position to take advantage of one-on-one coverages.

We now KNOW that we can run the ball. That's our safety net.

Let's get it done!

RedZone. We didn't finish drives. The RedZone play calling was horrendous. Our offensive line was good in that game, but not good enough to run against a stacked goal line defense.
I agree and we sure as **** seemed balanced last year’s A&M game but like you said we didn’t finish drives. We definitely should’ve won that game A&M because they were definitely not that impressive at all but they beat us and our defense played great but still lost. Now I say that because games stats are almost similar to what Emory and the running game produced Saturday even though he was restrained in the first half by Dawson. I’m glad we got ourselves a man that fears and gives Praise to The Almighty GOD! It’s worked for the Turds twice already with Weurfel in 96 and then of course The **** of all The GOTTDAMM Turds

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpeg
    IMG_2441.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 0
Legitimately said Williams did a good job managing the game.

Go watch our offense against Texas A & M and what it was against Clemson. Do you think we beat Texas A & M with Williams playing?

Why do you think they had a conservative game plan and vanilla passing concepts with Williams under center?

I’m really glad I don’t know most of you in real life.

Emory made plays when he had to though. Imagine not throwing all game and then doing what he did when it mattered most, in a game only a few diehard Hurricane fans gave them any chance to win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Y’all are unbelievable.

Emory threw for 65 yards on 5/8 IN THE FOURTH QUARTER DOWN 10 to the best defense in the ACC.

Yes the coaches handcuffed him the first three and I’m not here to litigate that coaching decision… and the offensive (literally) playcalling of the first 3 quarters has nothing to do with Emory leading a fourth quarter comeback down 10 against the best defense we have played all year.

Incredibly, the true freshman made no crippling mistakes (like we have seen TVD make multiple times this season). Yet somehow we have porsters dismissing and diminishing that performance to defend TVD’s throne. Weird.

They're defending their egos.

Mental midgets have been gleefully dismissing and downplaying Emory since the offer, but his ability to execute the offense under such challenging circumstances was nothing short of...elite.

Last edited:
Maybe some of the mopes will get their wish and Emory plays tonight. Be careful what you wish for. I hope TVD plays tonight as that is our best chance for a win
Nothing personal. But your was the first “TVD gives us the best chance to win” post I could find. How’s everyone feel about this now?

Advertisement
Nothing personal. But your was the first “TVD gives us the best chance to win” post I could find. How’s everyone feel about this now?
No doubt TVD sucked balls last night, but Dawson is downright terrible with his play calling. When you couple those together, well, we have no chance. I mean everyone knew what the play call was going to be on 4th down at the goal line. We need a CREATIVE OC and a QB that doesn't kill us with turnovers and missing open receivers. Not sure Emory is the answer either, but at this point let's roll with him. Bottomline, we're screwed until we get an above average QB and highly doubt Judd is the answer either

Advertisement
Back