TVD news

Advertisement
Advertisement
We pretty much had zero passing game. It was screens and jump balls to young. Emory did a good job managing the game.

Pretty obvious what TVD value is.

Emory made clutch throws to tie the game in the 4th. He was badly handcuffed the first 3 by playcalling.

Weird to not recognize Emory’s value to beating Clemson. Same team that lost to GT and UNC with TVD playing 🤯🤯

Edit: vomit all you want but every word of this post is inarguable fact.

Emory made clutch throws to tie the game in the 4th. He was badly handcuffed the first 3 by playcalling.

Weird to not recognize Emory’s value to beating Clemson. Same team that lost to GT and UNC with TVD playing 🤯🤯
Legitimately said Williams did a good job managing the game.

Go watch our offense against Texas A & M and what it was against Clemson. Do you think we beat Texas A & M with Williams playing?

Why do you think they had a conservative game plan and vanilla passing concepts with Williams under center?

I’m really glad I don’t know most of you in real life.

This board is amazing! How is it that so many people can't understand that more than one thing can be correct? Williams is the future, but TVD is the difference. If healthy, he has the ability to light UVA up and every other team we play. Williams on the other hand has not shown that ability...yet.
You don't have to pick a side.

Advertisement
Legitimately said Williams did a good job managing the game.

Go watch our offense against Texas A & M and what it was against Clemson. Do you think we beat Texas A & M with Williams playing?

Why do you think they had a conservative game plan and vanilla passing concepts with Williams under center?

I’m really glad I don’t know most of you in real life.

You sound emotional.

Emory made clutch throws to bring us back from down 10 in the fourth. I don’t call that “managing the game”… but you do you.

And I don’t have to go back and rewatch A&M… Tyler had a nice game.

Unfortunately, I also watched GT and UNC.

Glad that Emory was able to beat an ACC power. Maybe that will happen the first time for Tyler this year… really hope so.

We pretty much had zero passing game. It was screens and jump balls to young. Emory did a good job managing the game.

As the game plan unfolded, it was OBVIOUS Dawson was going to be ultra conservative so Williams’ confidence didn’t get crushed by making mistakes that could cost us the game. The plan fortunately worked.

As the game plan unfolded, it was OBVIOUS Dawson was going to be ultra conservative so Williams’ confidence didn’t get crushed by making mistakes that could cost us the game. The plan fortunately worked.
Correct, Mario mentioned on Joe rose today that they wanted to buy time for Williams to get used to the speed of CFB too.

They correctly never asked him to make tough throws into tight windows…his arm isn’t there yet.

He has all the intangibles you want in a QB, but anyone who thinks he should play over TVD needs to be evaluated for a concussion.

We won Saturday because of the O line, D line, running backs and Williams not making any massive mistakes.

Correct, Mario mentioned on Joe rose today that they wanted to buy time for Williams to get used to the speed of CFB too.

They correctly never asked him to make tough throws into tight windows…his arm isn’t there yet.

He has all the intangibles you want in a QB, but anyone who thinks he should play over TVD needs to be evaluated for a concussion.

We won Saturday because of the O line, D line, running backs and Williams not making any massive mistakes.

Same o-line, d-line and running backs we lost to GT and UNC with… except Parrish was hurt and not available.

You make a good argument for Emory.

Advertisement

Come on….That was on Dawson playing conservative. Now look at the most important stat against a top 5 defense. Just one turnover which I don’t blame on Emory that was on the receiver. After the first half Dawson loosened up the leash and the kid went 14-17 in the second half and even when down by 10 the kid stayed poised. TVD would have felt the pressure and gone back into his turtle shell. TVD sure didn’t look injured after win. Was he really injured??? Or was he just in his feelings having that b! !tch mentality of (let’s see how you do without me! 😒Meh!!!. I don’t know about you, but it’s definitely clear that he isn’t what the TVD fan club portrays him to be. He is a serviceable Qb and as a fan I appreciate his effort but he is not what we need the rest of the season. We need to get those recruits excited about having an opportunity to compete at every position including Qb. I bet you want TVD to come back next year and go through all this bullsh! !t again huh? SMDH…

Advertisement

Edit: vomit all you want but every word of this post is inarguable fact.
Hate to break it to you, but not every word is inarguable fact.

Emory himself admitted he needed those first three quarters for the game to slow down for him to be able to make the plays he made in the 4th qtr. Running our typical offense, with the lack of game experience could and likely would have spelled disaster. As much as I disagreed with the play calling while watching the game, I can admit I was wrong. Dawson threaded that needle perfectly and deserves credit. My only gripe was not trying to gain 30 yards with 1.5 minutes left before overtime.

Advertisement
Back