TVD is practicing

Advertisement
Emory has far more skills than people think.
I'd like to see more. Obviously for him to come in and pass Jacurri right away means the coaches trust him and he has shown plenty at practice. But he did just enough to win against Clemson and that was with nearly flawless OL and defense. Can't expect that again. There was good and bad. He was hesitant and pumped a lot, had a bunch of balls batted down (we're lucky none were picked), and threw a few bad passes. He also didn't make the backbreaking turnover and threw some nice balls at crucial times.

He'll have to do more to win against UVA.

Advertisement
I was told he was starting a few days ago but it’s more of a game time decision now. It’s not a guarantee he starts.
Mario told the whole world he was starting 😂.

Not sure why the need for definitives if there's still a question. Just say "he's still banged up but we're optimistic he'll play Saturday but not certain." Seems very odd the way TVD is being handled.

But Mario will Mario when it comes to injuries.

I'd like to see more. Obviously for him to come in and pass Jacurri right away means the coaches trust him and he has shown plenty at practice. But he did just enough to win against Clemson and that was with nearly flawless OL and defense. Can't expect that again. There was good and bad. He was hesitant and pumped a lot, had a bunch of balls batted down (we're lucky none were picked), and threw a few bad passes. He also didn't make the backbreaking turnover and threw some nice balls at crucial times.

He'll have to do more to win against UVA.
Not Emory's fault in the Clemson game that he wasn't allowed to open it up more. He's more than capable to Air it out more if needed.

Advertisement
Not Emory's fault in the Clemson game that he wasn't allowed to open it up more. He's more than capable to Air it out more if needed.
I agree it's not his fault. Just saying nobody has seen him in a GAME with a green light to air it out.
He said post game interview "it's been a long time since I've been hit like that" when he was barely touched all game long.

Hopefully the Clemson game got the cobwebs off and we get to see Emory with a more opened up playbook if he starts and we get to see what everybody sees in practice.

But knowing Mario and his conservative mindset, I have my doubts. And last week may have only emboldened and reinforced Mario's conservative mindset/strategy.

We need tvd. Either that or we need to actually have a playbook with Emory. Even bad teams will likely give us **** if we run a similar gameplan- imagine it’ll expand since Clemson is Clemson

I agree it's not his fault. Just saying nobody has seen him in a GAME with a green light to air it out.
He said post game interview "it's been a long time since I've been hit like that" when he was barely touched all game long.

Hopefully the Clemson game got the cobwebs off and we get to see Emory with a more opened up playbook if he starts and we get to see what everybody sees in practice.

But knowing Mario and his conservative mindset, I have my doubts. And last week may have only emboldened and reinforced Mario's conservative mindset/strategy.
Emory was hit plenty....one time he was hit hard, and the Defender hurt himself. If Emory starts, I guarantee you'll see plenty of play-action.

Advertisement
We need tvd. Either that or we need to actually have a playbook with Emory. Even bad teams will likely give us **** if we run a similar gameplan- imagine it’ll expand since Clemson is Clemson

The risk with throwing it more is turnovers. Miami wins if they don’t turn it over. Run the **** ball and make smart passes when needed. Defense and running wins the game. Survive and advance in conference play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back