TVD is practicing

Advertisement
I was told he was starting a few days ago but it’s more of a game time decision now. It’s not a guarantee he starts.
Over It Ugh GIF by Tony Awards

I was told he was starting a few days ago but it’s more of a game time decision now. It’s not a guarantee he starts.

**** not the news I wanted to hear. We might as well rest him up another week.

If Skinner transfers it will be because of his own doing and nothing else. His lack of success has nothing to do with with the scheme or this false narrative that our TE are asked to only block. Our TE room has been banged up and the only one playing consistently can only block and do nothing else. I expect Arroyo to see more targets as the season goes but even his health is questionable.

Arroyo won’t be fully healthy till 2024 and that’s if he doesn’t get injured again. Lofton has a great opportunity to play next year.

Advertisement
So as of 8am TVD might not play, RB room is beat up, multiple starters out cause of the flu.

Miami is playing 1 win Virginia at home in the hot sun. It should matter. Should be able to run the ball and win the game. No excuses

Folks wanting Emory to play should realize that VA now has far more video on him than Clemson had.
And they've seen our 3-3-5 defense/bear front now as well.

2 elements of surprise that helped us barely eek out a win against Clemson (along with plenty of turnover luck) that we don't have vs a thorn in our side UVA team.

Unless they dramatically change the scheme with Emory to guns blazing, I would not feel confident beating UVA with him. His 2 big throws against Clemson were basically jump balls to Young besides the deep slant to George on a 3rd down in between 3 defenders.

2 elements of surprise that helped us barely eek out a win against Clemson (along with plenty of turnover luck) that we don't have vs a thorn in our side UVA team.

Unless they dramatically change the scheme with Emory to guns blazing, I would not feel confident beating UVA with him. His 2 big throws against Clemson were basically jump balls to Young besides the deep slant to George on a 3rd down in between 3 defenders.
What has TVD done here except melt in big spots? Give me the kid all day.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Emory‘s longest pass play a woefully underthrown ball that the CY made a great comeback/catch for?

Those are the kind of passes that get intercepted all the time. That ball gets intercepted and we lose the game. Not putting Emory down, I think he’s done a great job, considering he’s a TF, but let’s get real about who the better quarterback is.

You start TVD all day long if he can go. And if he can get injured this week, he can get injured next week.

This “lets start him so he doesn’t go back in and get injured this week” is pure nonsense. You could hold him out this week and in one more week he could get just as injured. It makes no difference. Faulty logic.
If your goal is to play in a certain game the logic is correct. The more you hold him the better his chances of playing.

If Skinner transfers it will be because of his own doing and nothing else. His lack of success has nothing to do with with the scheme or this false narrative that our TE are asked to only block. Our TE room has been banged up and the only one playing consistently can only block and do nothing else. I expect Arroyo to see more targets as the season goes but even his health is questionable.

Please sir, let them have their moment.

So as of 8am TVD might not play, RB room is beat up, multiple starters out cause of the flu.

Miami is playing 1 win Virginia at home in the hot sun. It should matter. Should be able to run the ball and win the game. No excuses
Well they are a 2 win team but we should be able to run on them all game. I think Colbie Young will have a big game.

Advertisement

.....And the beautiful pass Colbie dropped. The TD Pass wasn't a jump ball....he put it where Colbie's size was an advantage.

Advertisement
.....And the beautiful pass Colbie dropped. The TD Pass wasn't a jump ball....he put it where Colbie's size was an advantage.
They need to open it up if they want to win with Emory. I don't think we'll be able to run it again like we did against Clemson (which doesn't make sense because Clemson has a better front than UVA but just feels like they'll be able to stop the run if that's what they know we're doing).

Let Emory play ball and if the lights are too bright and he makes too many mistakes, then try and go conservative with him again. If we still can't win that way, then bring TVD in 2nd half and let him play his way with max protect.

They need to open it up if they want to win with Emory. I don't think we'll be able to run it again like we did against Clemson (which doesn't make sense because Clemson has a better front than UVA but just feels like they'll be able to stop the run if that's what they know we're doing).

Let Emory play ball and if the lights are too bright and he makes too many mistakes, then try and go conservative with him again. If we still can't win that way, then bring TVD in 2nd half and let him play his way with max protect.
Emory has far more skills than people think.

He threw it to Colbie's outside shoulder, away from the defender. It's such a simple concept of a pass but we've seen plenty of UM QBs throw it where the WR has to fight through the DB to even make a play. It was a nice throw.

Advertisement
Back