TVD is practicing

I think the solution is to start TVD AND Emory while sitting Restrepo…

stones throw beer GIF by Keystone Light

Advertisement
People mistaking passion with emotion is the dumbest thing ever.

TVD has played with a multitude of injuries on his hand and knee and shoulder throughout his career. I'd say his pretty passionate about what he does simply based on his willingness to play with injuries.
I disagree.

This was TE U. Just look at how Clemson used their TE. I'll remind you we have TEs who made plays last year are getting zero touches.

On top of that, we are recruiting top TEs. Why? I have no idea because why would they want to come here just to block.

I absolutely dislike how you're trying to discount our TEs. They all have skillsets to be used in the passing game. Skinner, Riley, and Arroyo would kill it if used properly. Skinner is not a "in-line" TE. He is a weapon. He's a mismatch. So is Arroyo, and Riley.

We literally saw GT ignore the TE on a passing route to undercut a pass from TVD to WR for an INT. Teams are scheming from our lack of use of the TE in the passing game. That gives the defense and extra defender to help on someone else plus makes the overall coverage tighter.

To say we don't need them is extremely short sided.

I expect Skinner to transfer out which is a shame. He chose Miami over Alabama. He's going to do well wherever he goes. I just hope he didn't burn an entire year for the few snaps he's gotten.
If Skinner transfers it will be because of his own doing and nothing else. His lack of success has nothing to do with with the scheme or this false narrative that our TE are asked to only block. Our TE room has been banged up and the only one playing consistently can only block and do nothing else. I expect Arroyo to see more targets as the season goes but even his health is questionable.

For the Canes coaches, it may have been a blessing in disguise to have TVD watch Emory face the best defense on our schedule and the Canes pull out the win. It lets TVD know that the team can win without him, and that TVD needs to focus more on the little things and leadership traits that Coaches want.

i do not doubt TVD is a much better QB at this stage on 95% of his throws. But it’s those 5% of the throws and the fumbles which makes the difference in winning and losing. Plus, Emory has good leadership traits and his teammates rally around him, show him lots of love and support him during the game. Emory seems to care about winning and he shows the world how happy and proud he is when his teammates shine.

We all are never too old to learn something new that will make us better at what we do. Hopefully, TVD learned something from Emory that will help TVD go from being a talented QB with just great stats, to a healthy QB capable of consistently beating ACC conference opponents

It can't be said nor typed better than this. This is precisely the sentiment.

To not understand this perspective is just being an A??hole

Advertisement
Was the ball knocked out of his hands? If so , it’s considered a drop regardless of how the fans or coaches want to sugar coat it.

Was it a great play by the defender? Absolutely!! With that said, I’d be willing to bet that CY would want that play back.
Man that was a flat out drop and Colbie would say it's a drop.

Advertisement
Even after the last two games, one of the best in the country in big time throws / turnover worthy plays

Yet I've so many are clamoring to stay with emory...makes no sense to me whatsoever. Emory will have his shot next season

No ****? I didn't even know that.

Don't get it twisted. DAWSON has a few plays that will catch you slipping for keying too hard on Old man Cam. As you can see, Trotter took himself right out of the play expecting the screen.

We need more plays like this and Cam ABSOLUTELY HAS to catch EVERY pass to him. A pass bouncing off his chest in the Clemson game? Inexcusable.

Teams know that he's a non factor as a receiver and we run to his side of the field A lot, imo.

So when he lined up outside its like DCs say", ok that guy ain't getting the ball.. if they're in trips or motion to trips and he's flexed out? It's a screen. On the off chance it isn't he's 4th progression at best".

If he could be consistent catching the ball and getting at least positive yards consistently it would make this offense unstoppable.

But teams are clearly keying some of our plays because of him and stifling the offense a SMIDGE more than I like.

Advertisement
It was 2017. Rosier was on fire in the first half of that game.

GTech is a win with Rosier under center! Rosier wasn’t better than TVD but he was a true leader and was all heart/passion for the team. Though many don’t think that being a vocal and passionate/inspiring leader doesn’t make a difference it really does. A leader that is engaged/talking to his team keeps a team believing and fighting to the end, simple. I really do hope TVD comes back with a fire 🔥 if he starts on Sat. I will be there with my Semenhole loving wife so I really hope for a win because if not😤I won’t hear the end of it. Please 🙏🏾a win GOTTDAMMIT!!!

Don't get it twisted. DAWSON has a few plays that will catch you slipping for keying too hard on Old man Cam. As you can see, Trotter took himself right out of the play expecting the screen.

We need more plays like this and Cam ABSOLUTELY HAS to catch EVERY pass to him. A pass bouncing off his chest in the Clemson game? Inexcusable.

Teams know that he's a non factor as a receiver and we run to his side of the field A lot, imo.

So when he lined up outside its like DCs say", ok that guy ain't getting the ball.. if they're in trips or motion to trips and he's flexed out? It's a screen. On the off chance it isn't he's 4th progression at best".

If he could be consistent catching the ball and getting at least positive yards consistently it would make this offense unstoppable.

But teams are clearly keying some of our plays because of him and stifling the offense a SMIDGE more than I like.

Gotcha. Whenever he's not inline it's almost always going to be some kind of screen to his side. I hear you. They've got to call his number as a receiver every once in a while or it's just too obvious.

Advertisement
Gotcha. Whenever he's not inline it's almost always going to be some kind of screen to his side. I hear you. They've got to call his number as a receiver every once in a while or it's just too obvious.

This!

Not just that, and this may sound crazy, he absolutely has to catch the balls thrown his way. Of all the eligible receivers he is the one we absolutely CAN NOT afford a drop from. He has to show, ON FILM, that he's a viable option to get yards. Yards = first downs and/or TDs.

As long as he can get yards he will have to be respected.

Drops and having balls smack him in the chest(no pause 😏) just won't cut it and its already shown detriment to the offense.

We need TVD healthy for our matchup with FSU.

Imho, we should start Emory the next two games to make sure that TVD is 100% ready to go in a few weeks and since Emory and our run game are good enough to beat UVA and NCST. TVD not playing against UVA or NCST isn't optimal, but we can scheme around that. TVD not playing against FSU would be a disaster, and would foreclose any chance of beating them.

Advertisement
Back