Tvd is done

Idk if the routes or how we’re attacking is different but **** the offense feels so much different In a bad way

Honestly since we stopped attacking deep/to the middle with Colbie it feels like our offense has really stalled vertically

Too much short stuff to X, George, and the blocking TEs
Seriously. What happened? We went from a team that said, "Give me the ball back with a minute left and we'll scare a TD!", to "Give us the ball back with a minute left, and you'll have just as much chance of scoring as we do." Just bizarre. No one can convince me Virginia has a tougher D than Texas A&M.

Advertisement
Bingo.

It’s 90% on TVD (today at least), but Dawson has had some stinkers of drives…and usually in chunks. Drop 8 in coverage, and TVD freaks out. Dawson hasn’t adjusted to it either.

Regardless, needs to be an open competition at QB simply to create more urgency in the room. TVD hasn’t earned back. Dawson needs to utilize tempo and motion again, it’s been more stagnant and slow…heck we’re trailing in the 4Q and we’re milking the play clock down to 5…

He’s just saving it lol

Seriously. What happened? We went from a team that said, "Give me the ball back with a minute left and we'll scare a TD!", to "Give us the ball back with a minute left, and you'll have just as much chance of scoring as we do." Just bizarre. No one can convince me Virginia has a tougher D than Texas A&M.
They don’t… its been talked about now but he has to have the yips.

Honestly its like he’s scared in the beginning of the mistakes which leads to short predicable throws… and sometime in the 2nd/3rd quarter he has a random realization of his mediocre stats and just absolutely forces crap causing turnovers. He’s playing as if his first round draft pick status is on the line.. news flash Tyler you blew it already

Turnovers lose trust.

Advertisement
1) we are definitely attacking teams differently than we were at times
2) tvd I truly think will be benched due to “injury” for next week
3) we really don’t ask the defense to do anything short to intermediate middle of the field by play design we leave so much meat on the bone for playmakers we have. Blueprint is out we need to adjust

Then you have games like Texas A&M. That's just it. Lights out some games. Can't do a **** thing right others. It's the weirdest Jekyll and Hyde show I have seen from a QB here.
Cuz am played a lot of man to man with us
That also one of the reasons he’s better against the more talented teams that play more man
The jag teams that play more zone he struggles more with like uva and gt
That’s why it’s more frustrating
And that’s why he plays good against nc state cuz they run a lot of man

Bingo.

It’s 90% on TVD (today at least), but Dawson has had some stinkers of drives…and usually in chunks. Drop 8 in coverage, and TVD freaks out. Dawson hasn’t adjusted to it either.

Regardless, needs to be an open competition at QB simply to create more urgency in the room. TVD hasn’t earned jack. Dawson needs to utilize tempo and motion again, it’s been more stagnant and slow…heck we’re trailing in the 4Q and we’re milking the play clock down to 5…
this right here. Van dyke thrived with tempo with lash Lee. The one time we really had a sustaining drive was with tempo but for some reason we decided to kill it mid field.

Advertisement
Not defending him today because he was awful but we need to play at a faster tempo so he has a chance to get in rhythm. It clearly looks like he's overthinking things out there when we're in this slow, methodical, check with me, bleed the clock, snails pace offense. Just run the Lashlee tempo offense for now and let him try and get some confidence back.

This times a mutha****in million! I literally found myself looking at what UVA was doing thinking "why the **** aren't we doing the same ****?" Don't give the defense time to get set or TVD time to **** himself.

And they won the TOP battle. No reason not to play in rhythm. Going tempo with this offensive line would be stealing 4yds minimum every run play.

Advertisement
Not defending him today because he was awful but we need to play at a faster tempo so he has a chance to get in rhythm. It clearly looks like he's overthinking things out there when we're in this slow, methodical, check with me, bleed the clock, snails pace offense. Just run the Lashlee tempo offense for now and let him try and get some confidence back.

Agree we need tempo for TVD to play better.

Bingo.

Regardless, needs to be an open competition at QB simply to create more urgency in the room. TVD hasn’t earned jack. Dawson needs to utilize tempo and motion again, it’s been more stagnant and slow…heck we’re trailing in the 4Q and we’re milking the play clock down to 5…
I thought Dawson dialed up some decent plays but TVD was so awful, they lost all confidence and ran more. TVDs first pick came on a pass play (I think he play actioned to Breshard) where X was open for six. He underthrew it by 5 yards. 100% on TVD. That play was called after we had been pounding it a bit. I don’t disagree just think that the loss of confidence dictated a conservative approach. And Mario.

Advertisement
Idk if the routes or how we’re attacking is different but **** the offense feels so much different In a bad way

Honestly since we stopped attacking deep/to the middle with Colbie it feels like our offense has really stalled vertically

Too much short stuff to X, George, and the blocking TEs
TAMU game feels like a fever dream right now. Offense looked light years better, and then that was it. Nothing since then really

Bingo.

50/50 reps. Open competition this week. Best man plays.

Advertisement
Back