TVD Injury

I kept posting if people knew his injuries they be a tad more understanding. A tad lol.
Like clockwork
IMG_9076.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You’re legitimately the worst poster on this board. I gotta put you on mute because I can’t handle the way you ride waves for attention.

You have zero idea what goes into throwing a pass or what goes into in an offense. If your right leg is dead you can’t step into ****. If you can’t grip a football your accuracy is gone.
Is that Dan Morgan in your avi? I don’t have him for a poster yet. Yeah… we can work with that.

axQBP5uX.gif

What is there to talk about? Elite recruiting guy Mario, has a QB room that is so fycked that he had to play a guy who has his muscle separated from the bone or whatever the ****.
This. TVD is a tough kid, he took a ton of punishment today and played well.

The fact Mario destroyed this kids career sucks. And his replacement in Oregon resurrected Nix is the cherry on top.

Mario was an awful hire, paying him 80m is peak Miami

Plenty of people were telling you he was really injured. No one on here was going into detail. But you, like many, called it an excuse.
Lol go find the receipt where I said that was an excuse? Pls.

He should have sat, irregardless of the reason his play was so poor. The why doesn’t really matter, and if anything the degree of injury is even *more* reason not to play him as he’s not going to suddenly do a 180 if he’s not healed, and is liable to just get worse.

This was and continues to be about how bad this coaching staff is on basic decision making.

I kept posting if people knew his injuries they be a tad more understanding. A tad lol.

I commented in a past thread, basically that I had no idea what it was, but if it was as bad as you’ve said, why was he even playing? He should’ve been held out to heal.

Advertisement
I commented in a past thread, basically that I had no idea what it was, but if it was as bad as you’ve eluded to, why was he even playing? He should’ve been held out to heal.
That’s a question for you know who. As I said back when it all started “ Tvd was in an awful position“. He plays injured and struggles “he’s a bum , get him out of here”. If he sits he’s ” a quitter and a horrible leader“.

He definitely has tougher it out and for that I give him credit. However if it is mostly a pain issue, that doesn’t explain the massive leap backwards that happened mentally. Maybe you can say the injury ****ed up his confidence, but idk bout that. Whatever the reason the result is the result - and his turnovers were game killers.

Again he showed a lot of toughness. And even the last few weeks that wasn’t what I was questioning. He had a known leg, rib, and finger injury that we knew about…wasn’t saying he wasn’t a tough competitor
His plant leg that produces all of the drive and loft and the most important finger on his throwing hand. Try to be a QB with bad I buried to those two things

Rumor has it that because of Fizical Mario bro boy his finger was hurt again during the bye week. U k ow the week we should be using to rest our players up

Believe me when I say if your plant leg and throwing hand are hurt ur not going to be a great QB. It showed in the way he threw the ball. Looked like he was “aiming” instead of throwing the ball and that’s why everything was shiort and off the mark

Advertisement
Surprised no ones really talked about this.

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

Just a crazy development and insight into what went wrong this season.
When in doubt play the healthy quarterback! No excuses

We need to stop labeling him as a elite recruiter when he gets continually bodied for QBs DTs and CBs

What's important is that he thinks of himself as an elite recruiter. Having the right mindset is very important. It's like Bobby Bowden said (I'm paraphrasing) ,

First we don't make a recruit's top 5
Then we make a recruit's top 5 and finish is 5th place
Then we make a recruit's top 5 and finish 2nd
Then we get the recruits.

That’s a question for you know who. As I said back when it all started “ Tvd was in an awful position“. He plays injured and struggles “he’s a bum , get him out of here”. If he sits he’s ” a quitter and a horrible leader“.
Lose-lose situation for TVD from the multitude of QB gurus on this board.

Advertisement
Lose-lose situation for TVD from the multitude of QB gurus on this board.
I can’t defend his decision making but he was put in an awful spot by coaches . Not just with scheme . He had a ligament injury in his index finger which is big , an injury to his knee and another injury with back / rib issue. It was obvious with his passes he couldn’t step into the throws or drive them so why put him out there?

I can’t defend the decision making but he was out in an awful spot by coaches . Not just with scheme . He had a ligament injury in his index finger which is big , an injury to his knee and another injury with back / rib issue. It was obvious with his passes he couldn’t step into the throws or drive them so why put him out there?
Can’t defend the coaching decisions either but there was obviously a lot more to his injuries than any one knew - except maybe you on here. If you knew more than you shared, I totally respect that. Not deflecting TVD’s poor play but as is usually the case, there’s more to the story.

I can’t defend his decision making but he was put in an awful spot by coaches . Not just with scheme . He had a ligament injury in his index finger which is big , an injury to his knee and another injury with back / rib issue. It was obvious with his passes he couldn’t step into the throws or drive them so why put him out there?
Because the coaching staff completely mismanaged the QB room and we had no other QB worth a ****. Emory is a tough mf who loves this team but the offense we have to run with him is beyond vanilla since he can't throw accurately over 15 yards due to timing. It's not his fault though, he's a low 3 star true freshman who should of been sitting on the bench and developing for 3 years or so but due to Mario incompetence he was our starting QB in the biggest game of the season. He still hasn't learned, we refuse to take two QBs in recruiting and the one QB we have is another low 3 star QB who needs years of development. We should of been taking 2 QBs every year he's been here.

Advertisement
Because the coaching staff completely mismanaged the QB room and we had no other QB worth a ****. Emory is a tough mf who loves this team but the offense we have to run with him is beyond vanilla since he can't throw accurately over 15 yards due to timing. It's not his fault though, he's a low 3 star true freshman who should of been sitting on the bench and developing for 3 years or so but due to Mario incompetence he was our starting QB in the biggest game of the season. He still hasn't learned, we refuse to take two QBs in recruiting and the one QB we have is another low 3 star QB who needs years of development. We should have been taking 2 QBs every year he's been here.
Ole Miss brought in two qb’s to push Dart who was pretty good last year. We couldn’t bring in one smh

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

We will never know the whole story.

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that TVD’s play was potentially injury related as opposed to scheme; that his sudden regression mirrored that of Joe Burrow. The prolific Bengals quarterback was suffering from a calf injury and threw for only 2 touchdowns his first four games. Once he had sufficiently healed, he then threw for 8 TDs in his next four games.

I imagine this came to TVD trying to gut it out, just like last year, the coaching staff believing him (and in him) and his body failing him.

Advertisement
Back