TVD Injury

They also mentioned the coaches saying TVD was smiling more at half than he has in a while and getting back to having fun again. I think there were a variety of things going on

Advertisement
Here's what the sideline reporter said:

TVD was seen limping on the sideline and receiving treatment from the medical staff

" He told us in October he suffered a rare leg injury called a Morel-Lavallée lesion, where the skin separated from the muscle and fat layer on his right leg from the knee down,” McGrath said.

“It’s an injury most commonly seen in high-velocity traumas like car accidents. It causes extreme pain and swelling and he admitted it’s hampered his ability to make plays outside of the pocket. He refuses to make excuses but it is bothering him today.”
🐐

I'll preface this by saying **** this staff....but I ain't buying this stuff. At least not to the extent described.

So let me get this straight. A kid and his family and his "team" that are cognizant enough of his "interests" to essentially openly flirt with/use Baga is now all of sudden invincible when it comes to the kid and an injury of this supposed magnitude? That entire ecosphere is kewl with him still trotting out there as a secret cripple and not only destroying his pro prospects but possibly even affecting his actual post-football quality of life?

One thing this program has never regressed at is spin to try to defend corches, players, administrators, etc.

Here's what the sideline reporter said:

TVD was seen limping on the sideline and receiving treatment from the medical staff

" He told us in October he suffered a rare leg injury called a Morel-Lavallée lesion, where the skin separated from the muscle and fat layer on his right leg from the knee down,” McGrath said.

“It’s an injury most commonly seen in high-velocity traumas like car accidents. It causes extreme pain and swelling and he admitted it’s hampered his ability to make plays outside of the pocket. He refuses to make excuses but it is bothering him today.”
Those details were NEVER revealed before today and it was TVD himself that revealed them. Lesson should be learned here about passing judgment without all the details.

Advertisement
Doesn’t it speak volumes the staff opted to ride a hurt TVD instead of Emory until they had no choice?

And FSU showed us why.

As big a supporter of Cristobal as I am, it pains me to say he completely botched the QB situation. After Clemson he should have said TVD wants to be on the field for the team but he needs time to heal and Williams would be the starter from that point on. Would have spared TVD the embarrassment of getting benched and a chance to get his head and body right.

I don’t recall ever hearing what the extent of the injury was to his leg. Mario and those in the know here on CIS don’t reveal injury specifics. TVD is obviously hurt worse than any of us knew about. We heard about his index finger, ribs, shoulder, and his leg but not specific details.
I njjiiiiiuuuiiiii
Mijji

Advertisement
Surprised no ones really talked about this.

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

Just a crazy development and insight into what went wrong this season.
I concur... there are things that don't add up. But there may be an answer to the TVD issue that is evident to all of us who have watch TVD's performance throughout his playing time at the U. I believe that TVD's inconstancy is what has the coaches and the fans puzzled. Some games he played well, then the next game he was ineffective. How many times have we seen the following from TVD:
* falter in the redzone
* failed to convert 3rd downs
* zeroed in on one receiver and thereby helped the defense
* faltered with accuracy
* made poor decisions

We blamed all the OC's he played under with calling poor plays, but he's the one that needs to execute more consistently. And as for playing hurt... there's many QB's present and past who played hurt but are/were effective.
As for Emory, he's a work in progress and we can only speculate with him, but he can't be counted out yet... he has some good traits.

i dont know big bang theory GIF

First half he was stepping into throws, 2nd half was literally all upper body he wouldn’t put any weight on it. Might have re injured it but we need to win these last 2

During the game they talked above TVD having received a traumatic injury where his skin separated from the muscle and fat in his leg. This is a serious injury that most commonly occurs in bad car accidents.

That can definitely go a long way in explaining the sudden drop in play during the season. Dealing with that could be the source of a ton of pain and discomfort.

But if that was the case, *why was TVD playing?*. Why not play Emory in the easier conference games with a QB friendly game plan, and let TVD recover without further risk of making things even worse?

Were the coaches worried about losing those games by starting a freshman instead of their (apparently badly) injured star? Well we lost anyway, Emory lost reps that could have made a difference vs FSU, and TVD was at risk of having his recovery derailed. For all we know it was and why they were forced to sit him out against FSU in the first place.

I kept posting if people knew his injuries they be a tad more understanding. A tad lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First half he was stepping into throws, 2nd half was literally all upper body he wouldn’t put any weight on it. Might have re injured it but we need to win these last 2

Agreed.

I was at the game. TVD scrambled for some positive yards early. Then in the second half he had several chances to gain yardage but he would've had to take some contact. He chose not to. It was obvious to me that he was shying away from running in the second half.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I was at the game. TVD scrambled for some positive yards early. Then in the second half he had several chances to gain yardage but he would had to take some contact. He chose not to. It was obvious to me that he was shying away from running in the second half.
Yea and it seems like Louisville knew it, not saying they were tryin to hurt him but it just seemed like every other play he was getting hit or pushed down

I don’t recall ever hearing what the extent of the injury was to his leg. Mario and those in the know here on CIS don’t reveal injury specifics. TVD is obviously hurt worse than any of us knew about. We heard about his index finger, ribs, shoulder, and his leg but not specific details.
An embarrassment to our local sports media. It took an ACC television reporter to break this important news.

This!!! I agree with you it’s mind blowing 🤯 to go with the injured player rather than a healthy young Emory or Jacurri. Jacurri gets us that TD at the end of today’s game. Situational awareness was not a part of this coaching staff vocabulary this season and today it got out of focking control. I can’t believe what focking idiots we have as coaches.😖 Great Oline from the 3 yard line and they decided to pass. SMDH😤

Advertisement
Back