TVD Guarantees Victory?

Advertisement
TVD and Garcia make Miami a better job than USC and presumably LSU. With TVD, Jake, and Jacurri in the pipeline, the QB position is set. And it just happens to be the he most important position in all sports.
i remember when we had three 4 star qbs on the team and couldn't make any of them work, plus tvd looks average and the other two are complete unknowns despite the almighty spring game performance. And usc wakes up in the morning and practically ****es qb’s.…

Advertisement
i remember when we had three 4 star qbs on the team and couldn't make any of them work, plus tvd looks average and the other two are complete unknowns despite the almighty spring game performance. And usc wakes up in the morning and practically ****es qb’s.…
You are not being fair with your assessment of Miami and USC; you are not using the same standard of measurement for both programs. Let me explain.

Both USC and Miami have had eras of producing good to great QBs.

A. USC has two heisman winning QBs: Carson Palmer (2002) and Matt Leinhart (2004).
B. Miami has two heisman winning QBs: Vinny Testaverde (1986) and Gino Torretta (1992).
C. Miami QBs have a BIG advantage in Maxwell, Camp, and O'Brien awards for QBs.

My point is, both schools traditionally have produced good to great QBs:

Miami: Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson, Torretta, and Dorsey
USC: Palmer, Leinhart, Rodney Peete

1. Both USC and Miami have "recruited well" (according to the recruiting services). In my other post, I highlighted the last seven years the QBs that both Miami and USC have recruited, and Miami actually has the edge in overall rankings, but tied in position rankings with USC.

2. Both USC and Miami have recruited obvious busts.

3. Both QB rooms have a bit of unknown to them. Slovis had a GREAT 2019 but he's obviously not the same QB since his injury. And he's a JR. and there's no guarantee that he will be at USC next year. Dart looks to be good. He has played one game vs Wazzu and he threw it around a lot and had a lot of yardage and 4 TDs with 2 INTs. But can you really say he's going to be better than TVD or Garcia based on one start? That seems unfair.

USC doesn't practically **** out QBs that are better than Miami. Both programs have traditionally produced good QBs that have one major awards (with Miami having the edge). Lately, in the past seven years, both programs have had uneven production from the QB position. And it's one of the reason why both programs have struggled to play for conference and national titles. QB position is the most important position in all sports. And I personally think (and the numbers say that I am not insane for believing it) that Miami's QB room makes them a better destination than other teams that will be looking for a head coach.

Sorry fellas Tuesdays are busy for me. Not my best work but it checks the box.

km_20211012_1080p(1)_1.gif

I just want him to stay alive behind this OL until the end of the season
Don't want Manny using lack of QBs as an excuse..

Advertisement
This dude looked like perry piped down his girl at home against a ****** VA team. He is going on the road against manny’s daddy I expect a few turnovers and a ****** game.
I hate being right.

Advertisement
Back