TVD Guarantees Victory?

"We have to get the job done," Van Dyke said. "No matter who is at quarterback, we have to win. I just have to be confident and trust my teammates and we will be good."

Before Tuesday's practice, the entire team watched the television broadcast at the end of last year's 62-26 thrashing by North Carolina. Van Dyke says that video has provided plenty of motivation this week.

"We watched the end of the game and how [the broadcasters] were talking crap about us," Van Dyke said. "We are going to have that in the back of our minds. We are going to get revenge on them for sure. We got to."
That's what you call grasping for straws... You think they're not aware how we have the entire country ****ting on us weekly from a broadcasting perspective. How were a laughing stock... This is week minded players trying to find anything imaginable for some kind of motivation because our regular isn't enough. It's a bigger joke than anything any broadcaster can say too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1634074581665.png

At this point, we need to be thinking about two things: 1. How to showcase our young talent for a new HC and recruits, and 2. How to generate hope and promise for the future and avoid colossal embarrassment.

Manny's dead - just hanging on by the ventilator machine, but they will pull the plug soon. No coach - absolutely none - can survive having his program reamed on national TV the way Herbstreit blasted him. You can't come back from that.

So now it's about showcasing our young talent (and there is plenty to work with) and generating some good buzz for the future with a new HC. We want the media talking about how it would be a gold mine for a good HC to walk into Hecht and lead the young talent we've got. And we want recruits to see it too. Which means we need to have a good showing down the stretch but NOT with Manny still running the show. We don't want it to look like the players are rallying around him. And most importantly, we've got to beat FSU to show that we will turn things around faster than they will.

And the only way to do that is to promote one of TRob or Jess to interim HC with the clear understanding that they will NOT be considered for the HC position but they can use this opportunity to showcase their coaching ability and raise their stock. The players need a new voice. They need to be inspired.

Get rid of Manny now so we can be in a much better position overall heading into 2022 under a new HC who knows how to build a winning P5 program from Day 1.
Exactly!!!!

Most coaches wouldn’t survive but one with a father who will exert his considerable political power and influence like Manny’s may. If Manny stumbles into being Corstel Champs at 6-6 or 7-5 he will survive. They will spin it as he did something very special and Kirk is just a blowhard on TV that doesn’t understand the amount of commitment they have towards football.

Can’t leave anything to chance, need to lose to UNC and possibly NCST to guarantee Manny gets fired in season then use remaining games to showcase talent and hopefully rally to win Corstel.
UNC is so bad that we might win that game, but we will lose no doubt to NCST.

Advertisement
You realize Jake was our highest rated QB recruit since Kyle Wright and USC dropped him for another guy right?
Don’t bother. There’s a segment of our fan base that somehow still believes University of Miami is relevant nationally in spite of the last 15 years. They also believe that elite head coaches will be banging down our door. Same thing they believed before Randy, Golden, and Manny were hired. If the reality of the last 15 years and where we stand at this present time can’t make them see the light then nothing on this board will either. They truly believe that other teams with potential coaching vacancies have apparently stopped recruiting QB’s and this will be the hottest job in all the land because of it. It’s actually pretty fascinating

Advertisement
At this point, we need to be thinking about two things: 1. How to showcase our young talent for a new HC and recruits, and 2. How to generate hope and promise for the future and avoid colossal embarrassment.

Manny's dead - just hanging on by the ventilator machine, but they will pull the plug soon. No coach - absolutely none - can survive having his program reamed on national TV the way Herbstreit blasted him. You can't come back from that.

So now it's about showcasing our young talent (and there is plenty to work with) and generating some good buzz for the future with a new HC. We want the media talking about how it would be a gold mine for a good HC to walk into Hecht and lead the young talent we've got. And we want recruits to see it too. Which means we need to have a good showing down the stretch but NOT with Manny still running the show. We don't want it to look like the players are rallying around him. And most importantly, we've got to beat FSU to show that we will turn things around faster than they will.

And the only way to do that is to promote one of TRob or Jess to interim HC with the clear understanding that they will NOT be considered for the HC position but they can use this opportunity to showcase their coaching ability and raise their stock. The players need a new voice. They need to be inspired.

Get rid of Manny now so we can be in a much better position overall heading into 2022 under a new HC who knows how to build a winning P5 program from Day 1.
I love what the game day crew did to help The U!

I personally don’t think that was a random event, just like the fight info got released as well as the injury info. Thank you to whom ever communicated with Herbie, Desmond & the Bear (I am thinking DBC’s bear helped some here).

There is a behind the scenes battle going on and it’s fascinating between those who want to save the program vs the “E” before the “W” and the Manny Political supporters.

Taylor Van Dyke is a rich man's Kyle Wright !

Like his comments too but didnt interpret it as TVD outright guaranteeing a victory (as referenced in the thread title).

Advertisement
Taylor Van Dyke is a rich man's Kyle Wright !

Like his comments too but didnt interpret it as TVD outright guaranteeing a victory (as referenced in the thread title).

Would you mind explaining to me another interpretation? It’s a football game, you lost last year in ugly fashion, and he references that game and says “We WILL get revenge.” Can you explain how that’s possible without winning?

If the team needed to watch a video of that game to be motivated we are in trouble. Oh, we are in trouble, sorry.
I understand where you’re coming from, but these kids need some type of motivation.

Don’t let them forget how they played like **** and lost. Letting them break records and **** allowing over 700 total yards and 500 yards rushing.

Time to see how they respond. Hearing the announcers say you’re garbage. Sometimes the loss isn’t enough, we gotta get some competitors in here.

I wanna see some ******* fight in these guys. Win and talk trash. I always wanted to know what Stacey Coley would say to opposing DBs and safeties every time he made a contested catch and those **** refs would call “unsportsmanlike penalty on #3 of the offense”

A majority of the players are still on the team that took that L to UNC last year. All the UNC players throwing down that U…****es me off so much!

I want Manny gone too, but don’t want my team to lose to make it happen. Time to start throwing that U up once again with some pride. I can’t even remember the last time I saw one of our players do it.

Would you mind explaining to me another interpretation? It’s a football game, you lost last year in ugly fashion, and he references that game and says “We WILL get revenge.” Can you explain how that’s possible without winning?
I took it as a young guy trying to be a leader and saying something positive. And hoping the o line tries to block a little bit so he doesn't get killed.

Advertisement
Back