TVD finally getting love in a 2023 mock draft

Advertisement
Mock draft posted last night has him going 7th overall to Carolina as the 3rd QB taken behind Stroud and Bryce Young (1 and 2). You guys think he's got a legit chance to usurp them with a strong year and become the top overall pick?​
Zion also taken 20th in this mock draft​
In terms of what most should think... These early mock drafts are usually trash. These have made brilliant calls such as Logan Thomas being the #1 pic and Kaaya being a top 10 pick amongst other blunders.

I’m a panthers fan and it’s seeming like we’ll have baker mayfield at some point today

Would obviously like to have van dyke though

Advertisement
TVD's draft stock will be fascinating to watch this year. I have Stroud as my QB1 right now and will most likely stay that way unless something horrific happens. TVD vs Bryce Young will be interesting - Young is very tiny. TVD isn't the athlete Josh Allen is but he's close in size and can move as well.

If TVD takes a jump in his game, I think QB2 is possible but either way he's trending towards a first round pick.

Advertisement
I’m a panthers fan and it’s seeming like we’ll have baker mayfield at some point today

Would obviously like to have van dyke though
I don't think we'll trade for Mayfield today. If we make a move for one of the veteran QBs it's tomorrow.

He’s serviceable, not great, not trash. The browns will realize that spending $230 mil guaranteed on Watson just to have the defense let them down again was a mistake
I'm still shocked he got a contract like that.... Browns better hope that works out...

Someone else pointed out Bard Kaaya being projected as a top 10 pick and we all know how that worked out. Made me think though about what happened with Bard. Statistically he had his best year in 2016 under Richt. One would think that would bolstered his draft status but he dropped like a rock. He could make all the throws, but I think everyone saw that he was completely immobile and didn't have particularly good pocket awareness. So far TVD has shown that he can also make all the throws and he can move around. I can't make a judgment on his pocket awareness though, maybe others have an opinion on that.

Advertisement
No disrespect to Zion, but I’m baffled where this first round stuff about him has come from

He’s played well but it’s like somewhere along the lines someone mentioned his name and it just became trendy
It's projection based imo. The thing is that he hasn't developed as quickly as many expected. He may make the jump this year with the upgrade in coaching. We will see. To me Zion is a solid pro prospect and the type who slowly gets better over the course of his pro career.

Advertisement
Someone else pointed out Bard Kaaya being projected as a top 10 pick and we all know how that worked out. Made me think though about what happened with Bard. Statistically he had his best year in 2016 under Richt. One would think that would bolstered his draft status but he dropped like a rock. He could make all the throws, but I think everyone saw that he was completely immobile and didn't have particularly good pocket awareness. So far TVD has shown that he can also make all the throws and he can move around. I can't make a judgment on his pocket awareness though, maybe others have an opinion on that.

Kaayas lack of pocket awareness was an issue but his biggest issue was how inconsistent he was at keeping offensive drives alive and getting the ball in the end zone. His last season was his best season… he threw the ball 427 times and finished with 27 TDs. Compare to TVD who played in 3 less games (10) last year threw the ball 324 times for 25 TDs. The production isn’t there for Kaaya just a consistent play it safe above average QB and those type of QBs aren’t in the NFL.

It's projection based imo. The thing is that he hasn't developed as quickly as many expected. He may make the jump this year with the upgrade in coaching. We will see. To me Zion is a solid pro prospect and the type who slowly gets better over the course of his pro career.
Oh for sure

Just not sure where that projection is coming from

Normally we see that with really high profile recruits that have great measurables

Again no disrespect to the kid. I believe he’s gonna play in the NFL for a long time

Advertisement
Back