TVD finally getting love in a 2023 mock draft

Advertisement
Someone else pointed out Bard Kaaya being projected as a top 10 pick and we all know how that worked out. Made me think though about what happened with Bard. Statistically he had his best year in 2016 under Richt. One would think that would bolstered his draft status but he dropped like a rock. He could make all the throws, but I think everyone saw that he was completely immobile and didn't have particularly good pocket awareness. So far TVD has shown that he can also make all the throws and he can move around. I can't make a judgment on his pocket awareness though, maybe others have an opinion on that.
Best flag football quarterback ever. But zero pocket awareness. Kaaya couldn’t “feel” the rush and took way too many sacks because he just stood there. Even the slowest successful quarterbacks have the ability to move within the pocket and get the ball out before getting hit. With a clean pocket he made a ton of “wow” throws but no offensive line is so good that you’ll never have to deal with pressure.

Advertisement
The Panthers

michael-scott-the-office.gif

V5kdSj.gif

****-you.gif

It wasn’t just Kaaya.

From this year’s draft: Sam Howell Round 1, Pick 1.

Nice to have TVD in the discussion, but he needs to have another great season to be a round 1 pick.

Advertisement
Agree that the early mocks are worthless, but TVD's skill set is better than Kaaya's in ever conceivable way. Kaaya didn't have an NFL arm or mobility. TVD has both of those in spades.
Doesn't matter, he was still projected as a first rounder. Let’s not act like TVD doesn’t have plenty of issues to work on before talking first round. Could he be one? Sure but it’s way too early and silly at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not as bad as I thought. I still don’t get the Anthony Richardson infatuation going on right now.
He is a running QB with an arm. Thats it. Same with Emory Jones back then. Analysts fall in love with these prospects and ignore someone like Mac Jones for the most part. People were mocking the 49ers for being so high on him and in the end, Sean Payton wanted him badly.

TVD at this point is a projection. He needs to be better in the medium range, and he desperately needs to work on his pocket passing. He doesn't step up in the pocket and tends to break to the outside. But these issues are coachable and will improve with timing. Ponce's QB were always fairly solid fundamentally, so we will see how it goes.

He is a running QB with an arm. Thats it. Same with Emory Jones back then. Analysts fall in love with these prospects and ignore someone like Mac Jones for the most part. People were mocking the 49ers for being so high on him and in the end, Sean Payton wanted him badly.

TVD at this point is a projection. He needs to be better in the medium range, and he desperately needs to work on his pocket passing. He doesn't step up in the pocket and tends to break to the outside. But these issues are coachable and will improve with timing. Ponce's QB were always fairly solid fundamentally, so we will see how it goes.
You seem to repeat things I read from one mock draft on him needing to improve his medium range accuracy. Lets see some examples of both this and how he does not set up in the pocket. Not even sure what you mean by that.

You seem to repeat things I read from one mock draft on him needing to improve his medium range accuracy. Lets see some examples of both this and how he does not set up in the pocket. Not even sure what you mean by that.
North Carolina. The entire game.

Advertisement
Back